PDA

View Full Version : Speedhacking is possible...

Supernova
12-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Ok i been testing out memorey editors and i came across one called Cheat Engine 5.2 it has a feature to enable a speedhack so far my testing it does work on runescape i have no idea if you'll get caught and banned because i havent tested it much.

www.cheatengine.org (const)

SmarterChild
12-29-2006, 09:06 PM
I do have CheatEngine but how would you use the SpeedHack on Runescape anyways?

Supernova
12-30-2006, 10:43 AM
You need to target the explorer and then click the enable speedhack and change 1.0 to whatever

botmaster
12-30-2006, 03:42 PM
C00l!!! Wats it good dfor though? It only speeds up the rate the packets are sent and everything appears faster. Haven't figured a use yet ;)

I used to use Cheatengine to cheat a flash game called Stickarena. Got boring though, they weren't challenging enough :)

lardmaster
12-30-2006, 07:09 PM
wait, so will you appear to be moving extra fast to other players?

wayne1210
12-30-2006, 07:53 PM
hm, wut is this...?

Killerdou
12-30-2006, 08:09 PM
i doubt it can work... speedhack is like you can walk faster right? well... that cant be possible... and if it is it will be very difficult to not get banned...

Matteoke
12-30-2006, 09:16 PM
If you, your game world The packages received/send would speed up ; the WHOLE server should speed up with you , this is quite impossible.

Killerdou
12-30-2006, 09:22 PM
well.. if you could make the game think you ARE the server... well that would solve everything... but then you wouldn't have to speed it up anyways:P, not have to cheat anyways... so that would ruin everything... so dont try it:P(its not possible anyways lol)

dlsa
12-31-2006, 02:50 AM
No, this won't work, all it will do is appear to speed things up, but it will cause your character to move slower and slugish. It will freeze then unfreeze. Speed hacks don't usually work for online games, an exception would be stick arena.

Jhnboyman
01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
If you, your game world The packages received/send would speed up ; the WHOLE server should speed up with you , this is quite impossible.

i agree
you wont be able to fool the server... if you could then you could simply decode, edit, and send the packets back to the server saying that you have 300 mil ..but the server is smarter than that =)

japman
01-04-2007, 01:45 AM
heh..this would be great if it worked :P

looneytoon
01-04-2007, 03:35 AM
I have a little bit of cheat engine experience. The ammount of eergy left to run must be client-side since cheatengine only can edit client-side things. Ummm im gonna try it out, i used to use it on other games to freeze a part of the game, so you can run arround and your running energy would stay at 100% or wherever you freeze it at..........i think :p

YoHoJo
01-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Ugh there are no third party programs that and edit anything on runescape .
Just macros.
This may work for other games. but it wont on runescape

stevenadrien
01-04-2007, 05:07 AM
I doubt this would work seeing that speeding up the game would require you to be on the server side.

c0de
01-05-2007, 12:31 PM
This can work where clients are standalone applications,
basicly it speeds up your computer, thus making client work faster which should send packets to server faster.

I doubt it works for runescape, but I'm sure you can use it with silkroad/wow but it's easy to detect and not worth trying :)

Free bans!

:)

RudeBoiAlex
02-06-2007, 07:23 PM
it works on like robot rage(i had infinte money basicly)i no how to work cheat engine and it dosentwork because jagex keep changeing ip like evry second

Krichevskoy
02-06-2007, 10:21 PM
i no how to work cheat engine and it dosentwork because jagex keep changeing ip like evry second

What?

Ok, speedhacking is very simple to explain. Most speedhacks hook the API function that programs use for timing and speed it up. To your program it seems like a lot more time is passing in the same interval (e.g., a second seems like ten seconds) - to you it seems like your program is moving 10x faster.

It works really well in single player games and OK in poorly designed multiplayer games. If you go too fast in any online game, the result is usually massive lag (for you) and disconnection. In a well designed online game, the server will notice that your system timer is suddenly out of sync with the server and you're sending 10x too many packets.

CheatEngine generally doesn't work on RuneScape because it's the server that tells your client what it can do, not the other way around.

jaxson
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Sounds awsome yet, like most, I doubt it'll work.
None the less tell us if you make a break-through in any way:D

dlsa
02-07-2007, 08:46 PM
It is impossible, please read all of the topic before you post. All the crap that you would need to do if on the server side. And even if someone did it they'd get IP banned as well as there account.

legendaryhero90
02-16-2007, 03:08 AM
nope it work for runescape and thats a FACT
try it on others games by :google:

regecks
02-16-2007, 04:35 AM
nope it work for runescape and thats a FACT
try it on others games by :google:

I hope you mean doesn't* work.

Movement isn't controlled client side.

Smartzkid
02-16-2007, 07:34 AM
There's no way to 'speedhack' RS; Like others have said, it only works on crappy multiplayer games and single player games. You can use Cheat Engine to make some pretty cool screenshots though...take one gp and make it look like billions...

HeavensWarrior
02-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Also Check out SPEEDGEAR i used to use it on habbo hotel to rig dices until it was patched.

Smartzkid
02-20-2007, 02:21 AM
oh and btw...theres cheat engine 5.3 out...It's been out for a while; about 6 or 7 months. Just look in the forums.

t3h ub3r k1tten
03-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Quite a while ago I have tried the speed hack in CE.
Surprisingly it didn't work.
All it did was, when you were walking somewhere, it would take a very fast step to the next square, wait the regular time to walk, and then take another fast step, etc.
Besides, wouldn't it be painfully obvious how fast you're moving to the server?

V3-C
03-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Speedhacking can be easily explained to jagex. i.e I was infected with a virus which made all animations on my PC go faster.

Speedhacking may put you out of synch with the server. Now question is: during this moment what can we change clientside before server re-synchronises.

1 point to make: collecting resources by speedhacking is IMPOSSIBLE due to the fact that resources are issued out by the server, NOT the client applet.

However, what this will cause is the following:

Upon speedhack initiate, your packets will be sent faster. BUT, since the only packets being sent are those of you mouse-clicks, then what use is that? Secondly: YOU WILL NOT move faster: server pings your position in RS, NOT your client applet.

What might speed up: animations. You WILL warp to a specified location, HOWEVER you will not actually be there untill you walk the distance normal speed serverside. I presume you will see: Loading... Please Wait. Or Connection Lost... etc etc

Thank you for reading my general "common sense" theory. DO not post insignificant "trash" theories or situations please. Tired of reading horse manure.

Secet
03-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Why wouldn't it be possible to make speedhack for Runescape since it's made for almost every game, including World of Warcraft.

Pinqvin
03-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Why wouldn't it be possible to make speedhack for Runescape since it's made for almost every game, including World of Warcraft.

Allthough in World of Warcraft, speedhacking was done by using a mage ability Blink that'ld teleport you 20 yards to the direction you are facing. Basicly the hacks just somehow got around the cooldown on the ability or flooded the server with the packets of that ability (IDK, since WoW has warden I can't even have anything related to wow cheating on my computer ;P )

regecks
03-11-2007, 10:38 AM

Because in World of Warcraft, movement is controlled client-side. Client-side. You can be disconnected from the internet and it will not affect your movement. In runescape it is the opposite.

Secet
03-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Because in World of Warcraft, movement is controlled client-side. Client-side. You can be disconnected from the internet and it will not affect your movement. In runescape it is the opposite.
Aha, I see.

The devil
05-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Lol if that really worked ill be running around runescape with my autotyper saying wooooooooo!

R0b0t1
05-25-2007, 02:44 AM
No, you will appear faster to all other players. It only speeds up the rate packets are sent/recieved to YOUR machine. not anyhone elses.

seungki
05-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Methinks some people should stop posting random facts from their ass and say stuff lol. Makes you feel smart, but you look absolutely retarded. Just an insider for the future if ya wanna look smart ;)

Anywho this thread deserves a closing. Too many people are saying the same stuff.

I'll be the backseat mod and finish it with:
Don't try to speed up the RS client. You'll just waste your cpu trying to lag yourself? Just slow down your packets, waste less cpu, and lag yourself and you get the same effects if that's what you want. Plus you can't get banned for having slower packets - you just look like you have a shitty windows 98 computer.

Good day,
seungki

~alex~
05-25-2007, 07:52 AM
This would be client side, not server so only you would see it.

seungki
05-25-2007, 11:00 AM
This would be client side, not server so only you would see it.

If that was aimed at me, you should know that slowing the client is shown on the client side but they just think you have a bad computer. You, on the other hand - will be able to use less cpu to play/auto/etc.

Wanted
05-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Actually this is possible but extremely unlikely since you would need to actually hack into the server in Cambridge... I suggest wasting your time on something else like running a macro all day.

Edit: I remember some one once told me something about "Code-Caving" I honestly have no idea what that is but...???

radioactive_werewolf
05-25-2007, 10:29 PM
slowing the client is shown on the client side but they just think you have a bad computer. You, on the other hand - will be able to use less cpu to play/auto/etc.
Now there's something that might actually be useful depending on the amount of lag that would give you that could be a nice way to increase the number of VM's you could be macroing with simultaneously.

shaunthasheep
05-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Now there's something that might actually be useful depending on the amount of lag that would give you that could be a nice way to increase the number of VM's you could be macroing with simultaneously.

IMO.. i think it would use MORE cpu.. etc.. and more lag. Because it is doing more things at once.

This won't do anything except make emoticons and everything client side (only animations) faster.
The server will still send back packets at the same speed, and making you appear the same on everyone elses screen... and move the same speed on yours. but the moving animation will be faster. In theory, it will make you look like you have fake lag, because it will wait for the server to catch up to the client.

R0b0t1
05-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes, but if you slow all of those games down, won't it use less RAM too?

subz3r0
05-31-2007, 01:14 AM
i tried this out about a year ago when i used cheatengine with WoW and it actually worked and i never got banned

vitaminc
06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Ok, first of all cheatengine cannot affect runescape at all.. it will look like it but it is not actually doing anything. The reason for this is because Cheatengine simply changes pieces of RAM on your own computer. Since Jagex uses all their fancy things to make it so Runescape is not run on your computer but rather directed to your computer via java applet the memory from Runescape cannot be changed via Cheat engine. Since Runescape memory is never run on your computer speedhack or any hack via cheat engine or any memory editor for that matter is not really possible. What CAN be changed though is the speed by which Internet Explorer (or Firefox etc.) displays your character being moved. Unless you were actually on their server computer cheatengine wont do anything

P.S. Code Caving has to do with memory editing so it isnt revellant to runescape hacking

dlsa
06-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Vitaminc, please don't bring up dead topics and please if you must don't post things that have been said about 40 times in that topic.

Stevee
06-15-2007, 07:32 PM
i agree

Smartzkid
06-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Llama, please don't spam

That's just as bad as gravedigging topics
[pwnt?]