PDA

View Full Version : Jagex sure is doing an excellent job of banning bots.

Macro_FTW
06-17-2009, 07:15 AM
With the new update, Jagex claims to be banning bots. However, the forums seem to tell otherwise.

On the RSOF, in the past 4-5 hours, I have seen at least 5 threads exclaiming "My main got banned and I NEVER MACROED ON IT!" :duh:

I find it amusing that Jagex is banning more legitimate players than SCAR players. We're more human-like than humans! Yay! :D

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I assumed it goes here. XP
~Macro_FTW

ian.
06-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Oh Jesus. If the bots we make are more human-like than humans.. I-Robot anyone?

FUUUUUU-

Innocent muse
06-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Lmao, That's what legit players get for clicking the same color 10 times in a row. Thank god for tolerance :]

mrpickle
06-17-2009, 08:56 AM
heh =D, of course the players there may just be saying that... But then, Jegex has fail banning system.

Runescapian321
06-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Or they might just be RSBotters who just got banned, trying to get Jagex to weaken up their detection system :rolleyes:

Macro_FTW
06-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Or they might just be RSBotters who just got banned, trying to get Jagex to weaken up their detection system :rolleyes:

But that makes it less funny, the fact that SCAR botters are being banned less than actual players for macroing.

tls
06-17-2009, 09:36 AM
ya, i kinda stopped botting for a couple of days until i get my new computer :D... buying it myself, building it myself...(for the 3rd time)

Tniffoc
06-17-2009, 02:04 PM

+1.

Floor66
06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Oh Jesus. If the bots we make are more human-like than humans.. I-Robot anyone?

FUUUUUU-

Lolz epic. (that movie was awesome :D)

Babilo
06-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Mm, we need to find another way to bot :o
Jagex is smart atm >.<

Hugolord
06-18-2009, 09:44 PM
I find it amusing that you think Jagex is banning more legit users than macroers actually :)

Blumblebee
06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Mm, we need to find another way to bot :o
Jagex is smart atm >.<

aaaah, now this is a classic case of only reading the title and spamming for 10 posts. or who knows maybe you just wanted to reverse the flow of conversation, you know add that whole paradox idea in. Nevertheless, you keep going! only 3 more posts and you never have to post on the forums again.

Rubix
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
aaaah, now this is a classic case of only reading the title and spamming for 10 posts. or who knows maybe you just wanted to reverse the flow of conversation, you know add that whole paradox idea in. Nevertheless, you keep going! only 3 more posts and you never have to post on the forums again.

i think i need to dig up my fail image for that one.
anyways ontop now.

I do to agree that they are banning 'bot' like people for trying to grind there way to a 99 clicking on the same spot every time they click, even though they may be chatting etc.

Macro_FTW
06-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I find it amusing that you think Jagex is banning more legit users than macroers actually :)

Not macroers in general; I know RSBot has had well over 300 bans. I meant SCAR macroers. I've heard of around 4 SCAR macroers banned in the past few days, but my friend just came and complained to me about 3 of his [legitimate] accounts being banned for macroing.

Whether these people are lieing and want their macroed accounts back or telling the truth can't really be decisively found. I just prefer to trust them on what they say because it makes this update much more amusing. :D

Coh3n
06-23-2009, 11:08 AM
I think whether these people are lying or not, it's interesting to talk about whether Jagex's system is flawed in some way.

ian.
06-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Lolz epic. (that movie was awesome :D)

Finally someone thinks what I say is funny.. >.>

senrath
06-23-2009, 11:16 AM
I think whether these people are lying or not, it's interesting to talk about whether Jagex's system is flawed in some way.

Of course it is flawed. There is no way to build a perfect system.

Coh3n
06-23-2009, 11:17 AM

^ I loled hard. :p

Finally someone thinks what I say is funny.. >.>

:p I lol at most of the things you say, he's not the only one. Although sometimes what you say makes me question some things about you... :p

Of course it is flawed. There is no way to build a perfect system.

No, I know, but they like to brag about how good it is.

KillerX3189
06-23-2009, 01:02 PM
I laugh at game protection systems. They have the same effect as putting a rat near a large cage. (2mx2m) Small and quick, and easily bypassable. Weak and dumb. Humans have artificial intelligence. Machines do not (yet) Get where I'm going at?

Zodia
06-25-2009, 03:07 AM
I laugh at game protection systems. They have the same effect as putting a rat near a large cage. (2mx2m) Small and quick, and easily bypassable. Weak and dumb. Humans have artificial intelligence. Machines do not (yet) Get where I'm going at?

I don't know what you mean in what I bolded.

On the brightside 6 more posts.

Lance
06-25-2009, 03:26 AM
i wonder if these new comers are here cause rsbot has failed :O
Has there been a great increase of newbies at srl ever since the mass rsbot banning?

senrath
06-25-2009, 04:41 AM

Close. Humans have intelligence. Computers have artificial intelligence, although it's really hard to program a good AI.

Macro_FTW
06-25-2009, 05:15 AM
Close. Humans have intelligence. Computers have artificial intelligence, although it's really hard to program a good AI.

True. Unless you count pattern recognition as AI. :p

Lancer- probably.

We took the safe, though slower, approach. They [RSBot] took the faster, more accurate, and more reckless approach.

'Twas their choice to take the more dangerous approach. ;)

SCAR Ftw. [Though I do pity those who got their accounts banned. That would suck. :/]

ZaSz
06-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Im an A.I, from the future. This thread is the key to stop skynet from opening. I said to much. Long Live The Resistance!!!

Meh I been botting 8+ hours (not so lately) around the time of all bannings, not one account banned.

[off again]I live on BBCode[/off again]

Macro_FTW
06-25-2009, 05:38 AM
Im an A.I, from the future. This thread is the key to stop skynet from opening. I said to much. Long Live The Resistance!!!

Meh I been botting 8+ hours (not so lately) around the time of all bannings, not one account banned.

[off again]I live on BBCode[/off again]

TopicStatus := Off;
Omg. Someone turn this in to an encryption key set! QUICK!
TopicStatus := On;
I've botted 12 accounts to 29 str and they are currently botting 20 Attack, just to bot 20 Defense. We'll see how that goes. ;)
TopicStatus := Off;
Psh, SCAR is where it's at.

{$DEFINE EndOfPost}

samm
07-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Although the system is flawed..
Where are its flaws..
and how can we abuse them?

Smarter Child
07-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Tbh, Jagex had a fine ban system. But it sucks now, by banning legit players.

Tickyy
07-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I find it amusing that Jagex is banning more legitimate players than SCAR players. We're more human-like than humans! Yay! :D

hahahahahahahahahahha hahahHAHAHAHAHA fail jagex

Sorry i just laugh'd my ass out at that, but yeah n1ke got banned on his legit main :duh:

Sir R. M8gic1an
07-04-2009, 09:30 AM
let's try to stay on topic although i laughed my ass off at some posts.

There will always be bans, and there is always a chance that any bot gets caught. However, SRL's scripting standards(multiplayer, antiban, randomizing the mouse, etc) make us act extremely humanlike, and we interfere in no way with the client, so to detect us jagex would need to detect a bot-like pattern.

Basically meaning, don't abuse a script or player and use propper scripts.

I've been running my smelter for the past week, about 8hours a day, and no ban whatsoever. SRL is pretty damn safe.

~RM

sk8terbitu
07-04-2009, 11:05 PM

lmao owned

cycrosism
07-07-2009, 04:22 PM
you know those idiots are probably people who did macro and now they are saying they didn't to get there account back

We run u.s.
07-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Haha... good thing i found this thread.

I have experimented with JaGex's new detection system.
I put 21 accounts to a macroing/ban test a week and half ago.

5 mining accounts, all started from lvl 1.
5 fishing accounts, all started from lvl 1.
5 strength accounts, all started from lvl 1.
5 wc accounts, all from lvl 15.(oaks)
1 account was just clicking at a tree without a hatchet.(test on repetitive clicking)
The funny part about the macro detection update is that,like the old system, it goes after repetitive clicking.

Accounts banned and at what levels.
(All of my accounts ran approximately 15 hours.)

2 miners banned(at levels 38 and 41 i think)
0 fishers( draynor net fishing, all went to around lvl 33 or 34ish)
1 strength banned, i think it was because it went into the cow field (was training at chickens)
Lmao, all Woodcutting accounts banned.
And that repetitive clicking account was banned within 12 hours of me setting it up(ran for like 2 hours or so)

Lance
07-21-2009, 04:08 PM
yeah funney that all the woodcutters were banned. I find woodcutting to be the most social stat. people are ALWAYS talking to you its so annoying, so i think thats why it seems to be the most bannable. people try to talk to you, you dont answer and theres alot of annoying players who go around trying to frame people into looking like bots. its pretty easy when you ignore all there trade requests and conversation

We run u.s.
07-22-2009, 01:37 AM
yeah funney that all the woodcutters were banned. I find woodcutting to be the most social stat. people are ALWAYS talking to you its so annoying, so i think thats why it seems to be the most bannable. people try to talk to you, you dont answer and theres alot of annoying players who go around trying to frame people into looking like bots. its pretty easy when you ignore all there trade requests and conversation

Uh, i wc south of port sarim or w/e that place is... way south of fally.. there is 2 willows there and a few oaks...
the good thing about that spot is that no one goes down there... and people who do.. they don't see you because they usually go to that cave with robbers and pirates in it...(but my char.s are more to the east, near the ocean, so really no one sees you.

HyperSecret
07-22-2009, 05:39 AM
let's try to stay on topic although i laughed my ass off at some posts.

There will always be bans, and there is always a chance that any bot gets caught. However, SRL's scripting standards(multiplayer, antiban, randomizing the mouse, etc) make us act extremely humanlike, and we interfere in no way with the client, so to detect us jagex would need to detect a bot-like pattern.

Basically meaning, don't abuse a script or player and use propper scripts.

I've been running my smelter for the past week, about 8hours a day, and no ban whatsoever. SRL is pretty damn safe.

~RM

I honestly think it is pure luck if you get banned or not, to an extent. I would only auto on my main a MAX of 3 hours at a time and I varied the skill almost EVERY time. Woodcutting (willows and yews), fletching(cutting & stringing), magic(alching), mining, smithing, fighting(melee & ranged). I also autoed an average of 2 out of 3 days, so 4 days a week. I also did different mining locations, woodcutting locations, fighting locations, fletched at different banks, etc...

I also did woodcutting, mining, smithing, a little fletching, fishing and cooking, hunter and other skills legitly about 2-4 hours on the days I did not auto and maybe an hour or two on days I did auto...

My main got banned after 4 months or so of doing this...

DaWu
07-22-2009, 06:18 AM
I honestly think it is pure luck if you get banned or not, to an extent. I would only auto on my main a MAX of 3 hours at a time and I varied the skill almost EVERY time. Woodcutting (willows and yews), fletching(cutting & stringing), magic(alching), mining, smithing, fighting(melee & ranged). I also autoed an average of 2 out of 3 days, so 4 days a week. I also did different mining locations, woodcutting locations, fighting locations, fletched at different banks, etc...

I also did woodcutting, mining, smithing, a little fletching, fishing and cooking, hunter and other skills legitly about 2-4 hours on the days I did not auto and maybe an hour or two on days I did auto...

My main got banned after 4 months or so of doing this...

Player report is most likely what got you caught. Overuse cant be blamed.

supershort3
07-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Only real runescape no-life grind for 10 hours a day hitting useless blocks of wood. so they report people who have a life.