PDA

View Full Version : Dev C++ Question

zenma
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Recently I was trying out the Dev C++ compiler. I commonly use the __declspec(naked) attribute from Microsoft Visual C++, however I was unable to find anything similar to this in Dev. Does anyone know if there is anything like this in Dev? All the attribute does is strip the prologue and epilogue of a function so you can create functions using inline assembly and not have to worry about any extra code messing you up.

Wizzup?
06-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I think Dev C++ is just a IDE, and they use MinGW (GNU GCC Minimalist), no?

ShowerThoughts
06-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Wizzup, what programs do you use to compile and code your shizzle in linux?
Can you list them?

Zenma, you might want to google this, I think this a general "problem" so it should be find able.
Check the first 5 links.

Wizzup?
06-23-2009, 02:23 AM
I compile my C/C++ code with gcc/g++/fpc, and I 'code' my code in vim.

ShowerThoughts
06-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Wizzup, I am in 3 months 16, I think you did see some of my work if not ask me for it, do you think I am on schedule for "Informatica" class and then good enough to take the ICT path?

Might be an little bit off-topic, but yeah.

R0b0t1
06-23-2009, 02:27 AM
GCC is standard on all distributions, but there are also some independently maintained compilers, and there are processor dependant ones, like Intel's. Most use GCC.

Editors for Linux include vim and emacs, vim is better, but IDE's do exist. If you use just an editor, you eventually learn to make makefiles.

To achieve what you want using GCC, use __attribute__((naked))

zenma
06-23-2009, 02:38 AM
GCC is standard on all distributions, but there are also some independently maintained compilers, and there are processor dependant ones, like Intel's. Most use GCC.

Editors for Linux include vim and emacs, vim is better, but IDE's do exist. If you use just an editor, you eventually learn to make makefiles.

To achieve what you want using GCC, use __attribute__((naked))

There we go :) thanks.

Wizzup, what programs do you use to compile and code your shizzle in linux?
Can you list them?

Zenma, you might want to google this, I think this a general "problem" so it should be find able.
Check the first 5 links.

Google is not my friend I looked for about an hour before :(

ShowerThoughts
06-23-2009, 02:40 AM
There we go :) thanks.

Google is not my friend I looked for about an hour before :(
Hmm, can't help you then.
Get on irc :).
Everyone will try to help you there.