PDA

View Full Version : Guide to AGS!

Dynamite
07-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Hi guys, could someone make a detailed guide to AGS or any godsword please.
Like what stats, how to get there, how many monsters you need to kill etc...
I'd also like to know if I could do it:
http://i30.tinypic.com/21qxz7.jpg
Sorry that pic was for trying to sell it on RSbot...

cheers
T~M

Macro_FTW
07-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Definitely no on going to Armadyl GW; you can only range/mage Kree'arra. Both skills of yours are quite low. :/

You could try SGW, BGW, or ZGW though. You can already do BGW and ZGW; SGW requires 70 Agility, but yields a LOT more money with hilt drops, etc.

There are tons of youtube guides for them, but as for basics:

BGW:
Use protect/range when not being directly attacked by the general here. He hits 35 max with Range and 65ish max with Melee. His range attack hits every player in the area, and melee only hits one. It is suggested you go with a team of 3-4 for a good reward [cs or ls] when he gives you a good drop. His 3 sergs can also drop Bandos armour.

ZGS:
Use protect/melee when he's attacking you, and BRING SUPER ANTIPOISONS. He has a chance of poisoning you for 16's. He maxes in the mid 50's, and his attacks are stronger (but far less accurate) when you're using prayer. You can pray against his sergs if you want. He drops the ZGS hilt and Z Spear. Bring 3-4 people to help out for a good reward (5M+) on a hilt drop.

SGW:
Second hardest GW; no experience with it, so you'll need to check YT for it. It requires 70 agil and 3-5 other people. You get 10M+ per hilt drop, though.

AGW:
Hardest GW because Kree'arra uses range and melee attacks, along with pushing you away with gusts of wind. You can only hit it with range/mage, and can expect to die QUICKLY if you go in with mage robes on. ;). Bring full torag's + Armadyl/Black d'hide/Karil's top. Inventory has to be super restores and brews because you get damaged quickly. Bring 3-6 others for 10M+ per hilt drop and 2m+ per armour drop (minus the helm, ofc).

Good luck!
~Macro_FTW

tls
07-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Arma is quite easy for me... but you need higher def and ranged. Sara used to be easy to solo, but they nerfed the running around part. Bandos is easy to do, and you can go to one of the lootshare worlds and hop on with other teams quite often. I have never personally done zammy, but heard it was worthless/too much work for not a very good reward.

Kave
07-17-2009, 08:49 AM
go to tzhaar using full guthans i got my ags that way. you get so many onyx bolt tips and a few obby items per day.

tls
07-17-2009, 11:57 AM
go to tzhaar using full guthans i got my ags that way. you get so many onyx bolt tips and a few obby items per day.

honestly if you have high enough range and def, join an arma clan and you will make at least 10 mil a day with clan(if they go everyday).

Kave
07-17-2009, 03:26 PM
honestly if you have high enough range and def, join an arma clan and you will make at least 10 mil a day with clan(if they go everyday).

he has 69 range so he is melee based so that wouldnt work well ;p

Dynamite
07-17-2009, 05:33 PM
What range and mage should i get?
And thanks for the replies guys, rep to all

T~M

Kave
07-18-2009, 09:46 AM
id say around 85 being honest ^^

Nava2
07-18-2009, 12:19 PM
I go with 99 range on my rune pure.

I used to go with 90 on my 70def tanker.

Mage is far from necessary.

Macro_FTW
07-18-2009, 01:31 PM
85+ Range and 80+ defense are what most clans require as minimums. Others require 90+ and 85+ respectively.

I've even seen one that required 90+ Def and 99 Range; it all depends on which clan you go for.

Just get your range up (...a lot. :P) and you can go. At least try to get it to 70 for Black D'hide (the best armour to skill in 'dangerous' places in ever. XD)

~Macro_FTW

Dynamite
07-18-2009, 06:42 PM
What best way to get up range?

T~M

ian.
07-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Chinning.

tls
07-19-2009, 04:46 AM
85+ Range and 80+ defense are what most clans require as minimums. Others require 90+ and 85+ respectively.

I've even seen one that required 90+ Def and 99 Range; it all depends on which clan you go for.

Just get your range up (...a lot. :P) and you can go. At least try to get it to 70 for Black D'hide (the best armour to skill in 'dangerous' places in ever. XD)

~Macro_FTW

My clan requires 99 range 99 defense 99 hp and 70 summon. We own arma.

Capricorn
07-19-2009, 05:00 AM
From experience I believe range is the best for soloing all GWD bosses and best for everything but Bandos in a team. If you even considered Zamorak I ell oh ell. With 93 range, 83 defense, 89 HP and 68 summoning I get 2-3 solo bandos kills a trip. I tried with a BGS with 85 attack and 85 strength and I couldn't even manage to get one kill. If you count being lucky I killed in four times in one trip. With ranging you get more defense.

Saradomin soloing is still possible but you kill less per trip and you don't always profit, so now I believe bandos is better to solo. Granted its easier to find empty worlds while soloing Saradomin.

Armadyl isn't really worth soloing unless you have maxed stats because the kill count takes forever and you lose a fair amount of money.

For Bandos its pretty common to profit off each trip. All you need is a familiar filled with sharks, 2-3 prayer potions, a brew and a restore and one ranging potion. And truth be told you never really use all those potions. Not only that, but Bandos KC takes around 8-12 minutes (Depends on activity of the worlds). So I was able to solo 8 to 12 bandos' a hour.

Thats my take on soloing the bosses. I used to prefer Sara but since you get less kills a trip now I like bandos better.

Dynamite
07-20-2009, 07:16 AM
OK guys, I still need to know best way to train range.
Chins.. What chins? Where to use them?

T~M

Capricorn
07-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Wait til your 80-85 for chins. Grey chins are better cost ratio but red chins will get you there faster. 99 range costs about 25m from 85 range. Use at Monkey Madness dungeon with the skeleton monkies, lots of videos and guides on the internet. Check Zybez/Tip.it

Dynamite
07-20-2009, 07:19 AM
ok.. and what to train now?

T~M

Nava2
07-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Yak's are good training. :)

Or AFKing in the security stronghold at spiders.

candythief
07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
try doing yaks for a couple of days, once you hit around 80 range head to godwars and kill aviansies. stay there till you are about 89-92 and you should have around 25-30 mill. then that should be plenty for 99 using red chins.

tls
07-20-2009, 12:03 PM
try doing yaks for a couple of days, once you hit around 80 range head to godwars and kill aviansies. stay there till you are about 89-92 and you should have around 25-30 mill. then that should be plenty for 99 using red chins.

It would be a good idea, except he already has enough money... so he should just continue at yaks until about 90-92 ranged, then chin. I highly suggest waiting until 90+ to chin.

candytheif: howdy xD!

candythief
07-20-2009, 12:21 PM
o yea i guess i kiNda skipped that part, atleast if u did it my way you would not lose any money : D. then you would be 23m closer to a godsword.

mormonman: hey cousin : )

tls
07-20-2009, 12:37 PM
o yea i guess i kiNda skipped that part, atleast if u did it my way you would not lose any money : D. then you would be 23m closer to a godsword.

mormonman: hey cousin : )

It would also take him a month longer... just like defence is taking you forever!

candythief
07-20-2009, 12:44 PM
haha shutup, i dont think 400-500k xp a day is slow. either method will work, it all depends on how much money you want to spend.