PDA

View Full Version : django or php

Craig`
07-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey, I know there's been a lot of debates about this, and yes I know that one is a language, and the other is a framework, but I want to know what would be the best decision.

I've heard arguments that django code is cleaner, same with the urls - cleaner that is -

I've looked through tutorials for both django and php, I've found that django can be a bit time consuming to set up - when learning that is, I mean having to use the cmd for stuff - and that php is generally easier.

If you know me, you'll know that I'm currently seriously learning web design/dev, and that I want to carry on with it as a career, so this may be a serious choice

fire away; and btw don't say "go with what you like best", (I haven't done excessive amounts of either option)

~ Craig.

rogeruk
08-02-2009, 08:41 AM
There will always be the same debate.

Using a framework you will have to learn new ways of coding. I myself use Code-Ignitor which has a Model-View-Controller setup (MVC). Its alot different than the easy PHP coding, but it runs alot faster and has more control. Pre-Built in functions/classes that can save you alot of time are really helpfull.

Career wise you should learn how to code PHP, not how to use a framework. Maybe X company is using a different framework to Y company?.

DJango is Python ?

Having the ability to adapt and learn new ways is what you need to focus on if you want a career at this. Career as freelancing? or?

Craig`
08-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I'll want to have a career, I think that it'll be mainly design - xhtml and css - rather than development.