PDA

View Full Version : Whats the better gaming device

zi3m
07-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Alright, im in boredom here so ill say this, Who thinks is the better gaming device, PC? or todays gen. consoles - PS3/Xbox360, i want ur peoples opinion, i say PC cause pc owns in graphics

Craig`
07-29-2009, 10:24 PM
I got a pc at christmas, I really like it, I personally think that pcs are the best at graphics, and also I prefer keyboard to controller, the major criticism that I have to agree with is the price of pcs, (for decent ones that it), I mean all-in-all this cost me about 1k (gbp).

I bought a ps3 and 4 games for 175gbp the other day, and controllers suck imo :P

I mean i'm wanting to sell it because I got it for kinda cheap..

so yeah, pc ftw :D

~ Craig`

Torrent of Flame
07-29-2009, 10:29 PM

Buckleyindahouse
07-29-2009, 11:44 PM
360 because of the online play, it's better then PS3.

Also, you don't have to upgrade every couple of months for a new graphics card or a faster cpu or more ram or defrag your hard drive to keep it in top shape to play a game thats coming out in 3 years.

GoF
07-30-2009, 12:08 AM
If you look at the cost then you should include the price of all games and whatever add-on stuff you buy to your console to the price too, as you can pretty much get pc games for free, but don't start crying then if some game isn't released for PC if you download games though..

And I'll say PC just because you can do so many other things with it too than just play games, and the fact that I don't really play games anymore (except a few hours of PvP with my twinks on WoW per week).. I don't have time for it and I get bored at most "single player" games quickly, so no point to pay like 60€ for a game I complete in 2 days and won't touch again for 6 months.

E: Also if you look at the "devices" today like 360, PS3 and Wii and just compare them (without the "X has better games" "x is better because I bought one" stuff) then I'd say PS3 is the best, although I've heard 360 has better games and whatnot, but only from 360 owners though.

Ejjman
07-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Hmm this is a hard question.

Consoles
Pros
-Lots of people own these and easily familiarize yourself with the controls.
-Prices are lowering all the time.
-Xbox Live play is very fun, PS3 is getting better with it.

Cons
-Require a 1080p display to have good graphics, which are costly
-Must constantly buy accessories (controllers etc.), along with the games

PC
Pros
-Not only for video games, but for everyday things and more.
-Many more options for games.
-A little monitor with 1080p could be around only $300 (opposed to $700+ TV)
-Keyboard, Mouse, then all you need is games

Cons
-Costly for all the parts
-Future games will require upgrades (but if you get a good one, you can last 5 years) (The same thing happens with consoles though)
-Not as many people play, and you probably won't have too many friends compared to your Xbox/PS3 friends.

I didn't really touch up on all the points, this is very brief. I went with a PC, and I like it. Have fun.

Also, you don't have to upgrade every couple of months for a new graphics card or a faster cpu or more ram or defrag your hard drive to keep it in top shape to play a game thats coming out in 3 years.

If you build it correctly from the start, you can manage to last good for around 4 years.

Buckleyindahouse
07-30-2009, 02:50 AM
If you build it correctly from the start, you can manage to last good for around 4 years.

Leads the next question, How much did it cost to "build correctly"?

2000?
3000?

Isn't it cheaper to buy a xbox 360 now for 300 and the xbox 720 for 400 next 3 years and the xbox 1080 for 400 in 6 years?

Thats est. $1200.

Brain
07-30-2009, 02:52 AM

samm
07-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Hmm this is a hard question.

Consoles
Pros
-Lots of people own these and easily familiarize yourself with the controls.
-Prices are lowering all the time.
-Xbox Live play is very fun, PS3 is getting better with it.

Cons
-Require a 1080p display to have good graphics, which are costly
-Must constantly buy accessories (controllers etc.), along with the games

PC
Pros
-Not only for video games, but for everyday things and more.
-Many more options for games.
-A little monitor with 1080p could be around only $300 (opposed to $700+ TV)
-Keyboard, Mouse, then all you need is games

Cons
-Costly for all the parts
-Future games will require upgrades (but if you get a good one, you can last 5 years) (The same thing happens with consoles though)
-Not as many people play, and you probably won't have too many friends compared to your Xbox/PS3 friends.

I didn't really touch up on all the points, this is very brief. I went with a PC, and I like it. Have fun.

Not as many people play? Are you mad..
The one game you macro on has more users than people own 360s lol..

Buckleyindahouse
07-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Not as many people play? Are you mad..
The one game you macro on has more users than people own 360s lol..
I think he meant real good games, like F.E.A.R and COD.

ian.
07-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Honestly, it depends on the game. For example, Left 4 Dead is better on PC than XBox, in my mind, because the mouse is much easier to use than joy sticks (don't argue with that.. :p) And it makes for better game play. Halo is one that I absolutely LOVE on XBox, but can't stand on PC. It just doesn't feel right.

So it kinda depends on the games you're gonna play, and what you prefer. (Games on PC are usually easier than on XBox)

Notice I only compared PC to XBox. That's because the PS3 fails hard. If you want something by Sony, get a PS1. :)

(I have a PS1, PS2, PS3, XBox, XBox 360, Dell XPS M1530 Gaming Laptop, Wii, Game Cube, N64, Genesis, Atari (Best. Thing. Evar. :))

senrath
07-30-2009, 03:33 AM
Notice I only compared PC to XBox. That's because the PS3 fails hard. If you want something by Sony, get a PS2. :)

Fixed that for you.

ian.
07-30-2009, 03:39 AM
PS1 > PS2/PS3. :D Old school games like FF are better. ^^ Haha

senrath
07-30-2009, 03:43 AM
PS1 > PS2/PS3. :D Old school games like FF are better. ^^ Haha

Yes, but the PS2 is really cheap nowadays, and can play both PS1 and PS2 games.

ian.
07-30-2009, 03:45 AM
I hate the look of the PS2/PS3. And seeing that old grey piece of junk reminds me of my crappy child hood..

I forgot why I liked PS1.. >.>

Richard
07-30-2009, 04:05 AM
PS3 is the better console, but the better value for money console is the Xbox 360. Loads of people argue about PS3 having bluray, but then you ask them if they actually use it, or if its better than DVDs, they are usually stumped. Xbox live wins.

noidea
07-30-2009, 04:28 AM
Game boy SP

JuvLupin
07-30-2009, 05:47 AM
Umm well I don't have too much experience with gaming but for the PC there are tons of games and I find that mine (2-3 years old) runs most games well (I haven't tried really demanding ones like Crysis). Since they run most games well and games are usually available for torrent I'd say PC would be for variety of games at low cost per game (usually free-torrenting).
I don't own a PS3 but blue ray and free PSN are very likable perks The fact that you can upgrade the hard drive and various other components are also pretty sweet (apparently you can use the xbox LIVE cam for the PS3). Also last but not least is that you can turn your PS3 into a computer running a linux-based system. In fact there's an article that shows the use of the system for supercomputers on sciencedaily.com. These are just some details I've heard about the PS3 but I can't recommend it for anything since I don't know all the specs.
For 360... the game variety is good but the price tag for games is a bit hindering. Sure we all see price cuts in systems periodically but has anyone else notice the price of titles jump up to about 69.99 from 59.99? I'm not entirely sure on this one since I can only say from a Canadian perspective. Online is pretty fun too and most people can at least find a year subscription for about 50$ Though having premature adolecents swearing at everything you do during games tends to be annoying >.> I think 360's are good for casual gaming and the online but then again that's just my two cents

Ejjman
07-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Buckley, I have put $1600 into a PC and I am gonna get 1080p display, amazing performance, and it will definaetly last me.

X360, after Xbox Live, couple controllers, a brand new 1080p display, will be around the same price (mainly the TVs.)

I'm just stating that if you want 100% awesomeness out of both, the price is around the same. If you want 480 display, then go for crap Xbox.

Agreeing with you, COD is way bigger on Xbox I'm thinking, and I think that you'll have more friends at your school that play this than have say, a supercomputer to play it on.

Save your money and get both Sucka.

noidea
07-30-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm telling you. Game Boy SP is the shit man.

SCARSCRIPTER101
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Personally I love the 360 controller and the awesomeness of xbox live, yeah sure computers are good online and are upgradable but seriously a xbox is cheap and basically every1 has a t.v already plus how many good mates of yours have a "super computer" compared to how many have a xbox. Oh and BTW PS3 sucks :mad: for online play seriously what would you rather, a good maintained payed set of servers (h) or a free set of servers:rolleyes:.

Go 360:D

fifa499
08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
ima be the wierd one and say ps3 just because i have always had the Sony series my sister has xbox360 but the online play is bs on 360 i love ps3 ut im byast.

Nava2
08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Check the date guys, this grave dig wasn't bad. But its enough that it shouldn't happen.

Nice to see you stayed on topic though. :)

360 is great for the social aspect. The user base is MASSIVE.

Rich
08-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Meh, I take it this thread is getting a second life then?

Xbox 360 always. The games are fractionally cheaper than PS3, the abilities of Xbox LIVE are great, some of which the PS3 doesn't have (parties). Also Xbox LIVE Gold Member (me) are getting FREE Sky HD, Facebook and Twitter during Autumn. And the 360 controller feels better.

The 360 is waaay above the PS3 for me.

Richard.

Darkcorn
08-27-2009, 05:15 AM
i think a lab top is the best gaming console because u can go on the internet and search the web, email with people, playing games on the internet too =), do your homework on it, its like the all in one thing . So my choice is the Computer.

hybrid12346
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM
360, its amazing.
online play is great on COD and Halo

x[Warrior]x3500
08-28-2009, 03:54 AM
i do like the 360 for the online gaming, but i have grown into a PC type of guy.

just get a good gaming computer (i only recommend AlienWare) and have at it.

Smarter Child
08-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Nintendo WII FTW.

rogeruk
08-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Xbox 360 console all the way.

Why?. Simply because you can flash it and have free games :).

I do like Little Big Planet on the PS3 tho.

You cant beat a good PC game tho. Games like Armed Assault cant be played on a console its too demanding.

Rich
08-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Simply because you can flash it and have free games :).

You can get a chipped Wii, and have free games...:rolleyes:

momake82
09-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I have my PSP slim at the moment, but I also plan to buy 360 since PS3 games are too expensive for my wallet. I don't really use my PC for game since it's quite old now :D

mario97000
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm going to say Nintendo64 and NES are the best

Widget
10-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Meh, I take it this thread is getting a second life then?

Xbox 360 always. The games are fractionally cheaper than PS3, the abilities of Xbox LIVE are great, some of which the PS3 doesn't have (parties). Also Xbox LIVE Gold Member (me) are getting FREE Sky HD, Facebook and Twitter during Autumn. And the 360 controller feels better.

The 360 is waaay above the PS3 for me.

Richard.

Twitter? Facebook? For FREE? That's cheaper than on PCs, where it's.. oh wait. It's like you're saying you don't have to pay $10/month for Twitter, Facebook, and online play which are always free on PCs (except for some MMOs).

I built my computer for less than $400 (US) recycling a few parts from my 8-year old pc, and if I would have realized this motherboard is crap ahead of time I could have gotten a better one for $50 cheaper.

Currently it's about $100 for an NVidia 9800GTX, which puts out around 180fps on TF2 and I'm not sure about my other games since they cap themselves at 75FPS (which is my monitor's refresh rate). Mice are superior in every way to console controllers (for example, you can jump and change weapons at the same time), plus the ability to use either a mic or type during a game is nice if you're trying to not wake anyone up (not to mention it's a pain hooking up headphones to most consoles).

Also, N64 wins, N64 emulators win harder (though a USB controller is nice to have for that since they don't have good mouse support).

JonathanHan
10-07-2009, 07:31 AM
NINTENDO 64 YESSSSS!
The party machinehttp://www.gamesetwatch.com/magweasel/ugr10.jpg even says it on the box!
I swear to god if you don't see someone smiling
from playing this then you have never seen a Nintendo 64.

rollin340
10-07-2009, 09:35 AM
The number of PC users blot out the Sun in the consoles' world.

Unlike consoles, the PC can be continually upgraded to perform better.
For consoles, want a better one? Buy a new one.

The graphics, speed, AI capabilities, the PC dominates all section.
With a Quad i7 Processor and a GTX Graphics Card, it overkills the PS3 in awesome graphics and smoothness.

But if you play the PC too often, some games just get too easy, which is why you see Harder difficulties of new games popping up. Us gamers are just getting too good.

So it goes like this:

PC
PS3
X360

Why PS3 first? It has much better graphics. Although their Online gaming experience is in their baby stages, the feel of playing a game with those colors that it can offer is just much more satisfying then when you are on the X360.

Give it time, and it would be pretty good. It won't be on par with the X360 anytime soon, but it'll work its way there.

Widget
10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
NINTENDO 64 YESSSSS!
The party machine even says it on the box!
I swear to god if you don't see someone smiling
from playing this then you have never seen a Nintendo 64.

Lol, that's a badass monitor too :D

Also, is it bad that I figured out the mystery word without doing any of the puzzle?