PDA

View Full Version : Turf Battles

Krazy_Meerkat
04-01-2006, 01:01 PM
http://i2.tinypic.com/spfcdu.jpg

I'm completely hooked on this game. It's an online MMORPG just like runescape except with everything you could ever want: 1st and 3rd person view, fixed or rotatable camera. Different classes and species (human, elf, mage, ranger, fistfighter, bladefighter). As much weapons and armour customisation as the eye can see. And it's still in beta stage!
You can click an area on the map (not minimap) and it will walk you there, or you can use wasd to move around youself. The combat system is very nice.
The only downside I could see (apart from some beta-stuff like garbled words etc.) was the 700+MB download size, I left it running all night.

The aim of the game is to compete for turf, I haven't really played up to that part yet.. To get money in the game, you have to kill monsters and sell the items they drop to any merchant. You can also join parties and clans (and have your own party-chat system). You can create an account on their website for free and play forever. You can get pets at level 20, they have stats they can level up on (they don't fight with you yet but you can use the stats for things like attack boost, hp recover faster and pet inventory space). You can teach your pets custom phrases to say whenever you type a word too.. They get hungry and bored too, they will change into other pets when their level is high enough. The game runs very well on slower computers and I didn't feel too much lag with my ancient one ;)
Because it's beta stage a lot of stuff is not explained very well or in very much detail, have fun!

www.turfbattles.com

XxKanexX
04-01-2006, 01:04 PM
If it's free i'll download :)

I love the site layout. The anims fit with it so well. ;)

Mutant Squirrle
04-01-2006, 03:34 PM
hells yes im downloading it... rofl all night? it took me like 20 minutes :D

cause
04-01-2006, 04:05 PM
looks pretty nifty, dunno, just found out, my main crashed last night so i dont really have a computer 2 game on.

OFFTOPIC: yo kane, we aloud 2 talk about macros?
EDIT: yep, that was lame, but, im pretty sure we're not sopossed 2 get into BOTS rite?

Krazy_Meerkat
04-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Well it only took a few hours, but I don't want to use the internet while that is d/ling.

XxKanexX
04-02-2006, 12:43 AM
It took me 7 hours :p But i'm installing it now. (Left it on overnight).

weaselforce
04-07-2006, 02:35 PM
lol do you guys have dialup or something, shouldnt take that lone

XxKanexX
04-07-2006, 02:41 PM
lol do you guys have dialup or something, shouldnt take that lone
256kbps -.-

Krazy_Meerkat
04-08-2006, 10:30 PM
I got 512... But it usually only runs at 50kb/s :(

Mutant Squirrle
04-08-2006, 11:32 PM
everyone get this game its so nice rofl jagex just got pwnt by a beta :D

WT-Fakawi
04-08-2006, 11:41 PM
is it scriptable?

The Prince of Randomness?
04-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Well i think it would be with the wasd controls.. the colours would be too insane for SCAR i think. but with no screen shift ;)

Krazy_Meerkat
04-09-2006, 12:11 AM
I tried making a script to go and fight orc warriors. It rotated the compass but rarely got it right..
It found the pink crystal alright but running and turning was usually a bit off because of lag. I'd say yes it's scriptable. But day/night work a lot like colour change (I have no idea why runescape didn't use day and night)

Mutant Squirrle
04-09-2006, 12:39 AM
prolly cuz andrew gower doesnt know how to alpha blend in java (wait.... he changes colors everytime you login leaving only the simple explanation andrew gower is a retard?)

idk anyways yeah you could script it ... but is it really worth the trouble rofl i would rather find a way to make a bot then waste time on that haha

Krazy_Meerkat
04-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Lol yeah he's pretty stupid for some of the things he's done..
Well it's still in beta stage, I heard a lot about bugs which allow duping etc so we still have a chance to take advantage of them.
I wish I knew a little something about packet editing :p The packets they send look pretty wierd.

DiscoBall
04-20-2006, 04:39 AM
and you've seen em? xD

Krazy_Meerkat
04-21-2006, 09:00 AM
:/ What are you on about disco? Of course I have seen them, that doesn't mean I know what they do.

DiscoBall
04-21-2006, 02:30 PM
oh ok :P lol

you know..ths game feels a LOT like flyff..lol

XxKanexX
04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Lags like hell on my PC..

So i deleted it ages ago ;p

YoHoJo
10-09-2006, 05:37 AM
LOL! its not scriptable
but i found a gltich in one of the quicks so i can get the $ reward over and over
repeat
clickmose(14,15,true)
until(false)
i love this game