PDA

View Full Version : Really need a good 360 game..

EvilChicken!
08-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm so extremely sick of going to GameStop every now and then and browse through their collections, only to walk out of there disappointed as always. Same old boring stuff. Blah.

Anybody wanna recommend me any 360 games that are okay?

Games I like are mostly mainstream games like CoD4/5, Fallout/Oblivion, RE5, Assassins Creed and probably most other popular games available on the market that aren't based on movies.

D1zl3
08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Id recommend GTA4, or wait for L4D 2 :) (Left For Dead)

EvilChicken!
08-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Id recommend GTA4, or wait for L4D 2 :) (Left For Dead)

Well, for some reason I really didn't like GTA4 at all, even though I clearly could see that it was a well-made game and all ..

And, as for what L4D2 concerns, I'll NOT buy it.
I didn't like the first one, I doubt I'll like the second one at all.
L4D was a big disappointment from Valve, in my honest opinion.

D1zl3
08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, for some reason I really didn't like GTA4 at all, even though I clearly could see that it was a well-made game and all ..

And, as for what L4D2 concerns, I'll NOT buy it.
I didn't like the first one, I doubt I'll like the second one at all.
L4D was a big disappointment from Valve, in my honest opinion.

what about a sports game, like NHL 2010?
Or a horror like F.E.A.R 2?

EvilChicken!
08-07-2009, 04:47 PM
what about a sports game, like NHL 2010?
Or a horror like F.E.A.R 2?

.. you make me feel picky. :p
F.E.A.R. 2 has been collecting dust in my gaming shelf for almost two months now after I played it for the first time.

And, sports- and cargames are just not my kind of games.

D1zl3
08-07-2009, 04:57 PM
.. you make me feel picky. :p
F.E.A.R. 2 has been collecting dust in my gaming shelf for almost two months now after I played it for the first time.

And, sports- and cargames are just not my kind of games.

lol maybe this (http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=top_rated&platform=1029&mode=top&sort=score&page_type=games&dlx_type=all&date_filter=all&sortdir=asc&official=all) will help :P

ShowerThoughts
08-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Get Battlefield 2 : Bad Company.

Ogre
08-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Almost everyone likes COD 4.

Just buy that. ;)

0wn 4 skill
08-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Halo 3

Torrent of Flame
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Just wait till AC2 or CoD:MW2 come out. I am..

TotalRocker
08-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Though you say you dont like car games, you should give Pure, GRID and maybe Burnout: Paradise a look in. Can all be picked up fairly cheaply now too.

noidea
08-07-2009, 08:25 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/3/958113_120714_front.jpg

I play it all the time.

BobboHobbo
08-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Well i got Crackdown like the other week, yes its like a old game (2007) but its extremely fun. (Its sort of saints row 2 style) Your like an agent and you have special abbilites like, strength, agility, gun and driving skills. You get skills higher, the more higher you can jump, kick things further, throw objects further, pick up heavier objects, jump higher, drive faster etc.. So basicly when you start your almost like an average human then you build up to like be some uber dude. xD

Takes about 10 hours to finish though, but worth 30 dollars all the way, except the graphics are more cartoony then realistic but game play is sweet.

anonymity
08-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Games I like are mostly mainstream games like CoD4/5, Fallout/Oblivion, RE5, Assassins Creed and probably most other popular games available on the market that aren't based on movies.

What more do you want... you have all the good games listed...

- street fighter, GIGoe Rise of the Cobra, Fable 2, Battlefield 1943

Brain
08-07-2009, 10:57 PM
crackdown rocks, and you could find it cheap used I bet. Played it when it first came out, and beat it, then bought it a year or so later, and played it again all the way through. Still WAY fun.

And if you have extra games laying around...send them to me ;)

anonymity
08-08-2009, 02:14 AM
I call secondary dibs... just if you have more than one of a kind.. for some reason..

3Garrett3
08-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Gears of War 2? I found it a pretty fun game to play. It took about 15 hours of gameplay for me and my friend to beat it on multiplayer (Yes, multiplayer campaign mode, very sexy stuff)

Brain
08-08-2009, 03:18 AM
I liked gow2, played it through in like 3 days or so. Very fun, and good looking.

ian.
08-08-2009, 03:34 AM
:o When did CoD5 come out!?

I personally think Halo 3 is one of the best games for sale right now. If you don't suck it at, it's pretty fun. :) GoW2 is fun too (like Garrett said, because he's the sexiest person alive).

BobboHobbo
08-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I dislike halo 3 very much, think i played it to much when it came out xD. And GoW2 didnt bring any excitement to me at all, dont think i even finished the campaign yet. But GoW1 did.

EvilChicken!
08-08-2009, 10:30 AM
lol maybe this (http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=top_rated&platform=1029&mode=top&sort=score&page_type=games&dlx_type=all&date_filter=all&sortdir=asc&official=all) will help :P

Thanks, that one arcade game looks all allright..

Nothanks, I unfortunately already have it. Two friends of me convinced me to buy it. Top if it all; I bought the Gold edition.
Worst game I've bought in months, sorry -- though, everyone else, even my girlfriend seems to like it a lot. She likes it even better than CoD, something I can't understand at all.

Almost everyone likes COD 4.

Just buy that. ;)

Check my list ;) Actually my second-favorite game nowadays, after CoD5. Even though everybody hates CoD5.

Halo 3

Have it, love it. Trying to get as many achievements as possible on my girlfriends gamertag at the moment, as I don't have Live myself for now.
Still, got some achievements for it myself. :)

Just wait till AC2 or CoD:MW2 come out. I am..

I'd forgotten about MW2, looking forward to that one.
(We get to hear Soap's voice, everybody! :p)

And, I'm 100% sure AC2 will be great.
So, that's two games I am looking forward to.

Though you say you dont like car games, you should give Pure, GRID and maybe Burnout: Paradise a look in. Can all be picked up fairly cheaply now too.

I've got both Paradise and Pure, never heard of GRID though -- but I'm guessing it's somewhat similar to the two other games, which I have.

Paradise is .. boring. I loved it for PS2, but hey -- things have changed since then. I've grown, but the Burnout games haven't. It's still the game old repetitive racing concept..
And, PURE is just the same, different rides.

I have both Paradise and PURE, but I bother to player neither of them.

.. I'm really starting to wonder if I'm picky..

@Noidea: *insert sarcastic exaggerated enthusiasm here*

Well i got Crackdown like the other week ..

crackdown rocks, ..

Yeah, I enjoyed Crackdown aswell. Though, I never bothered to train agility because of the many stupid races I never could do, so I found some guy which I finished the last mission with online.

Gears of War 2?

Well, even though I hated GoW when I first tried it, being forced to play GoW1 somewhat changed my mind. I might consider it when it becomes even cheaper. Thanks.

By the way, my GT is hopAndA45. Games I've played can be checked out xbox.com.

Nava2
08-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Bioshock is creepy as shit, but fun.

EvilChicken!
08-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Bioshock is creepy as shit, but fun.

And really hard to complete on hard with vita-chambers turned off. >_<

Looking forward to Bioshock 2, though.

Nava2
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
What about fallout 2?

EvilChicken!
08-08-2009, 11:29 PM
What about fallout 2?

.. but that game was made in 1998 or something?
From what I've heard, it's just a '3D'-ish game where you walk around and see yourself in bird perspective.

I bet playing it will give a feeling similar to the one you'll get if you play Fallout 3 before oblivion.. Only in a different way, though.

Edit:

http://duckandcover.cx/features/bible/fatasscar.gif

Nice.

MylesMadness
08-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Gears of War 2? I found it a pretty fun game to play. It took about 15 hours of gameplay for me and my friend to beat it on multiplayer (Yes, multiplayer campaign mode, very sexy stuff)On what difficulty, I beat it with my friend in under 7 hours...

NiiX
08-12-2009, 06:24 PM

+1 on that.

3Garrett3
08-12-2009, 10:36 PM
On what difficulty, I beat it with my friend in under 7 hours...

Uh, the second easiest one? It makes it harder when your friend hasn't played xbox before and always forgets the controls / gets dead.

Brain
08-12-2009, 11:46 PM
an older xbox game that I LOVED was "the suffering"
If you can pick it up cheap and used somewhere, DO IT. It's easily worth $20 still.
The 2nd one wasn't as good imo

bloooblooo
08-13-2009, 12:10 AM
I agree, BF:BC is great. I would also highly recommend you take a browse at the Arcade when you get Live. Geometry Wars is always fun if you've got time to kill :p

Baked0420
08-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Halo3/Oblivion, those are my two favorite 360 games.

mcnollend
08-19-2009, 02:56 AM
Dead Rising?

Dynamite
08-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Cod 4
Cod 5
Fifa 09
Dead Rising
NHL 10
Prototype
And some others I can't remember >.<

T~M

EvilChicken!
08-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I bought CoD2 a few days back. Brought back some old memories, when I first tried an 360 myself in a store, and CoD2 was playing, and I remember me thinking "Damn, that's some great graphics!" :p

But, it's actually a good game IMO, some might find it kinda short. Plus, if you can't do veteran, there's only around 250 gamerscore for you to collect, or 450 if you can do hardened.

.. luckily veteran isn't that difficult in this game. Or, it might just be me who's getting better. Anyway, only games I miss now in my collection is CoD3 and CoD1.

Is there even a CoD1 for 360?
I just can't remember even seeing it once.

thebob142
08-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Go get Fable 2 great game i'm waiting to buy ms points so i can get the dlc knothole island and the see the future dlc.

momake82
09-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I love Prototype pretty much and yes, I guess Fable 2 is going to be cool (Is it released yet?) since I love the first one Lost Chapter ;)

Blumblebee
09-24-2009, 10:02 AM
I guess Fable 2 is going to be cool (Is it released yet?)

[Rick James Refrence]that was weeks ago mutha fucka [/Rick James refrence]

tls
09-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Get Halo ODST... that is a fun game.

Neehosoft
09-24-2009, 11:40 AM
EvilChicken, this posts only shows more of your hate of everything

EvilChicken!
09-24-2009, 02:34 PM
EvilChicken, this posts only shows more of your hate of everything

Well, do you know how many bad games three are out there?
I like to rant -- almost everybody does. I'm just trying to warn people who possess my kind of gaming taste about crap games.

By the way, DO NOT buy Dead Rising. Really frustrating game. Bad story, little and repetitive gameplay. To succeed in the game, you have to die and do a lot of shit over and over again.
Just, bah.

And, I got ODST yesterday, tried it for a few hours.
It was actually all okay, but I miss the health regeneration! D:
Plus, Legendary has gone softer. (Which is a good thing!)

Since it appears as I hate everything, I'll prove the opposite: I LOVE Call of Duty.
I LOVE World at War. It had the most stunning gameplay of all games I've played for as long as I can remember. It. Was. So. Beautiful.
.. of course all the dieing in Veteran made it a tiny bit worse, but I still love it.
Plus, I adore CoD4 as well, and that game had a pretty ending too. (Guess who comes and rescues Soap? Russians can be good guys too.. /happy.)
Oh, and I can't wait until CoD4:MW2 comes out.

And finally, the guy who suggested Prototype; I'm gonna borrow it from a friend of mine soon, I'm hoping it's good. The gameplay looked boring, but what do I know. Looks can deceive.

Savageintoxicant
09-24-2009, 11:22 PM
saints row 2 rocks, especially the online multiplayer.

saints row line came off better than the gtas in my opinion

rogeruk
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Get Forza 3 when it comes out ! :D

Dirt 2
Guitar Hero 5

Runaway
09-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Check out borderlands. It's oblivion but more recent. Apparently there are thousands of parts for building your gun and armor and stuff. It also has the same look as oblivion. Watch some videos on youtube :) i'd link you but im on mah iphone.

Rich
09-30-2009, 02:30 AM
Need For Speed: SHIFT. I've got a few mates who have got it, and apparently it's really good. That's why I'm going to get it off of Lockerz when they ship internationally :p

rogeruk
10-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Need For Speed: SHIFT. I've got a few mates who have got it, and apparently it's really good. That's why I'm going to get it off of Lockerz when they ship internationally :p

Gotta say that game is complete and utter rubbish.

The cars feel like bricks, they handle like shit and they should have kept to what they normally do not track racing. Especially when Forza 3 is coming out.

BobboHobbo
10-02-2009, 06:54 PM
*Cough* GT5 will own forza 3 hands down. But the downside is thats PS3. I got ODST I think its a fun game especially burning a few hours doing Firefight with some mates, campaign is interesting also, Legendary was like a walk in the park, Felt like me and my brother played for like 2 hours and completed it all, except that last level. Died 45 times in total lol, nice solid odd ending.

See how good Halo: Reach, will be. Which is based before halo 1 when there was 1000s of Spartans.

Rich
10-02-2009, 10:17 PM
How did I forget to mention CoD: Modern Warfare 2?!

Boreas
10-03-2009, 01:56 AM
BATMAN. It's got the good parts of Bioshock, I heard even Splinter Cell is using it for ideas.

rogeruk
10-03-2009, 07:46 AM
BATMAN. It's got the good parts of Bioshock, I heard even Splinter Cell is using it for ideas.

Agreed. Batman is a very good game.