PDA

View Full Version : Nopeus

nielsie95
08-24-2009, 03:55 AM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/949/capture1ldp.png

Hey,

I've read in another thread that someone was working on this, but failed. So, I thought I'd give it a shot :)

Nopeus is tool which takes screenshots and uploads them if desired. I tried to create an easy-to-use interface to simplify it even more.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1847/capture17.png

Features:

Different modes of capturing (Desktop/Monitor, (active) Window, custom region)
Easy-to-use (no menus, just big icons)
4 different imagehosts at the moment (including TinyPic and Imageshack)
Currently 3 file formats (BMP, JPG, PNG) - I might expand that with Gif and maybe tiff.
Each screenshot gets its own form
Works with PrintScreen hotkey

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5181/capture20.png

I think there's not much more to say. I'll release the source when I'm fully done (won't take too long I hope).

Please test/suggest away =D

~Nielsie95

noidea
08-24-2009, 04:01 AM
Stop pwning people :S

Nice job, the gui is sexy :D

Naum
08-24-2009, 04:12 AM
Thank-you very much. I needed this for my tutorial :) Rep+

caused
08-24-2009, 04:32 AM
Heya.
My PC is quite dead when i run this, i cant even open "win+r" and the start menu O_O..
And I also get an acces violation after startup.

~caused

ShowerThoughts
08-24-2009, 05:11 AM
I really don't like the fact that you just made this in 1 minute... + the fact you p0wn me bigtime... :(.
How did you manage to upload it to these hosts?
Delphi 2009?
Seems p0wnage.

This is a brilliant idea and I am kind of working on it for a year, but I have like no progress somehow...

nielsie95
08-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks guys :)

Heya.
My PC is quite dead when i run this, i cant even open "win+r" and the start menu O_O..
And I also get an acces violation after startup.

~caused

That's very strange :( What OS are you running?

I really don't like the fact that you just made this in 1 minute... + the fact you p0wn me bigtime... :(.
How did you manage to upload it to these hosts?
Delphi 2009?
Seems p0wnage.

This is a brilliant idea and I am kind of working on it for a year, but I have like no progress somehow...

Yes, Delphi 2009. The uploading is just submitting a form (I used the Indy components which come with Delphi).

caused
08-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Windows XP. I'd like to make a screenshot of that errormessage, but the programme blocks my print key ;).

The ErrorMessage says:
Acces violation at address 00408073 in module 'Nopeus.exe'. Read of address 8d004235.

Hope this helps :x.. Though i found those error messages never really helpful :'D..

It pops directly after startup, and when the programme is running than, but it doesnt seem to take screenshots(when i press print the errormessages appears again).

~caused

EvilChicken!
08-24-2009, 06:28 AM
I seem to be getting the same messaged as caused.
Though, very nice app, really looking forward to seeing the source.

As a side question, Niels; is D2009 significantly better than D7?

nielsie95
08-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Yes, I prefer Delphi 2009 over 7. The IDE is nicer, it supports Vista + unicode better and has some cool language improvements :) But if you don't need any of those, D7 should do just fine.

Also, the bug should be fixed. It had something to do with the multiple monitor support. I am running 2 monitors, so I didn't notice :p

bullzeye95
08-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Now I want to make one of these, but I don't have the time :(
Yes, I prefer Delphi 2009 over 7. The IDE is nicer, it supports Vista + unicode better and has some cool language improvements :) But if you don't need any of those, D7 should do just fine.

I like D7's multi-window IDE better. I can't seem to be productive when in a single-window IDE. I wish I could use the 2009 compiler with the 7 IDE.

EDIT: Why do you freeze the screen when selecting a window?

TRiLeZ
08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Wow, I never thought that an admin would give someone a virus :mad:
Jk, nice program. When I made the program open the image, my comp froze for like 5 mins.
Good Job though. :)

EvilChicken!
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
A couple of suggestions:

> The main component should fill the entire form. (Align := alClient)
> Plus, the form should resize whenever a new tab is opened/closed.
> Make the compression options visible only for the selected file format, or atleast collapse/disable the other ones.
> Add a tray icon! It would be so awesome with this running unnoticed in the background, and whenever you'd need a screenshot, you could just press prinscreen and you'd get it instantly.
> If you do add the tray icon, make sure to add a shortcut for selecting a custom area. Saves precious seconds and annoyance.
> Make the program create a new folder in /AppPath/ as a default. Would eliminate the need for any setup whatsoever.
> Add an option for the user to enable it to start up along with Windows, by adding a key to the registry. Would something like this be correct?
procedure AddAppToReg(Sender: TObject);
var
Reg: TRegistry;

begin
Reg := TRegistry.Create;
with Reg do
begin
RootKey := HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
OpenKey('Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Run', True);
WriteString('Nopeus.exe', Application.ExeName);
CloseKey;
Free;
end;
end;
Because I think SCAR syntax is more readable IMO..

All I can think of for now.
Still awaiting the source .. :o

ShowerThoughts
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Delphi 2009 uses the .net framework right?

nielsie95
08-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Now I want to make one of these, but I don't have the time :(

I like D7's multi-window IDE better. I can't seem to be productive when in a single-window IDE. I wish I could use the 2009 compiler with the 7 IDE.

EDIT: Why do you freeze the screen when selecting a window?

You can have different layouts on 2009, just use the "Classic Undocked", that's what I do. I freeze the screen, because this way, I could use the same form for selecting a custom region (IMO the easiest way).

Wow, I never thought that an admin would give someone a virus :mad:
Jk, nice program. When I made the program open the image, my comp froze for like 5 mins.
Good Job though. :)

Maybe it takes such a long time to save? Maybe you should set the compression a bit lower (if it was PNG).

A couple of suggestions:

> The main component should fill the entire form. (Align := alClient)
> Plus, the form should resize whenever a new tab is opened/closed.
> Make the compression options visible only for the selected file format, or atleast collapse/disable the other ones.
> Add a tray icon! It would be so awesome with this running unnoticed in the background, and whenever you'd need a screenshot, you could just press prinscreen and you'd get it instantly.
> If you do add the tray icon, make sure to add a shortcut for selecting a custom area. Saves precious seconds and annoyance.
> Make the program create a new folder in /AppPath/ as a default. Would eliminate the need for any setup whatsoever.
> Add an option for the user to enable it to start up along with Windows, by adding a key to the registry. Would something like this be correct?
procedure AddAppToReg(Sender: TObject);
var
Reg: TRegistry;

begin
Reg := TRegistry.Create;
with Reg do
begin
RootKey := HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
OpenKey('Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Run', True);
WriteString('Nopeus.exe', Application.ExeName);
CloseKey;
Free;
end;
end;
Because I think SCAR syntax is more readable IMO..

All I can think of for now.
Still awaiting the source .. :o

Yes, I was planning to add the tray icon and startup with Windows, but I'm not sure what you mean by the main component and the tabs? The compression is visible for all file formats, because you can pick a different file format when you're saving.

It can. For this project, it didn't.

Dynamite
08-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Nielsie!
It was me who failed >.<
Nice though.
Better than I could ever make!

~Destiny~

Markus
08-24-2009, 08:58 PM
You sure this works? It only crashes my PC to hell when I press Print-Screen :(

nielsie95
08-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Updated it.

Added the Tray Icon and start with Windows option. Also added the source to the first post.

I'd like to know if it works now for everyone. So if every could post a screenshot of something (shouldn't be too hard, right?), it would make me very happy :)

senrath
08-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Works for me:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5950/capture1kls.jpg

Sabzi
08-25-2009, 03:19 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/33kdjqq.jpg
Working quite well.
But the icon is, ugh. A flower? I don't like it XD

nielsie95
08-25-2009, 04:57 AM
Awesome, guys! <3

Yeah, well.. the flower.. :p Got any better ones?

Also, I forgot to say that for compiling you'll need Next Inspector (Berg Components, not free) and spTBXLib (that one is free :)).

caused
08-25-2009, 05:15 AM
Woaw, thanks for that sauce :'D.

*saves it for later* :)

mastaraymond
08-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Wonders where you get all those fancy icons from? Sick stuff btw

kyleisntwild
08-25-2009, 02:32 PM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3153/capture2f.png

this is smexy! good work and tyvm :)

marpis
08-26-2009, 05:02 AM
Wow. Amazing.
Btw, Nopeus means "speed" in Finnish, aware?

nielsie95
08-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Wonders where you get all those fancy icons from? Sick stuff btw

I found them in my collection (they're all from free icon packs though). Every once in a while I just go icon-hunting ;)

Wow. Amazing.
Btw, Nopeus means "speed" in Finnish, aware?

I knew it meant speed in some weird language, didn't know it was Finnish though :)

nielsie95
08-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Uploaded a new version which hopefully fixes a closing bug. :)

Sabzi
08-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Uploaded a new version which hopefully fixes a closing bug. :)

Did you changed the icon?(most important thing about a program, am I right or am I right?, it will crash, and virus, and whatsoever with a flower icon, I am sure)
If yes I download now. XD But if no ...

Ahh, sorry for that but I must have done it.

nielsie95
08-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Lol :p No icon change =D

Freddy1990
08-30-2009, 10:30 PM

Delphi .NET and Delphi are 2 different products

(I spy next inspector)