PDA

View Full Version : I got a few app ideas.

ZaSz
09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
I am making apps on free time, its more productive, plus gets me money :D

I want to bounce a few ideas I have on you guys, and want to see what you think.

These apps are for the TMobile G1. But I think runs on most android O.S phones.

App Name: Txt4Free
Short Description: Send free texts messages.
Detailed Description:
Start app
Type your name or number for sender details
Option to do a custom number, or input a contact from contact list.
Select the receivers carrier
Type message
Send to my server, which the receiver receives as a text from (senderdetail)@zaszmedia.com

Screen-shots of application:
http://h.imagehost.org/0739/Contact_Custom.jpg

App Name: Tag!
Short Description: Social location tag game.
Description:
Open app, press a giant "Tag!" button on the screen, if another person with the Tag! app has pressed "Tag!" within a 2 block radius, (Using the phones gps) you will be Tagged!. Or else you will set your Tag! location at that spot.

I think you will have to sign up for a Tag! account + be able to upload a picture to make it more sociable.

Edit:
New idea

App name: Bowman
Short description: Play bowman with phones in real life.
Description: Gets to my site, and select a person to play with, uses the phones accelerometer to get the angle, then I short tap for a %50 power, long tap for %100, the game has a random generated spawn point for both players. So 2 head shots, or 3 body shots ect. = a kill. The game could even be made for more then 2 players.

So please give me your feedback on the app ideas.

noidea
09-21-2009, 01:13 PM
before you go any farther. Do you think the G1 is better than the myTouch?

ZaSz
09-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Well, I already own the g1. I have 0 experience with the myTouch, but I am 80% sure my apps are compatible.

But to answer your question, I think they look alot nicer then the g1, I would like that bigger screen. But I have not really operated or messed with the gui or any of that.

So I cant decide if it is are better.

Blumblebee
09-21-2009, 10:31 PM
just curious but how much money have you made from designing your app(s)?

ZaSz
09-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Im selling my txt4free at $0.99 cents a download, made about $20 in my first 2 days. Kinda slow, but Im making a demo version of it right now to promote it.

marpis
09-23-2009, 03:19 AM
The Bowman idea is awesome! :)
It would sell a lot! 5$ per download and you'll be rich. BUT: don't get caught for not paying taxes of your little business ;)

E: To the Bowman: How about calculating the distance between the phones IRL, and using that as the distance between the Bowmen?

ZaSz
09-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah, i was thinking about that, but then it would take more variables + more code + more logic, it could be a possible upgrade if I take the time to make it.