PDA

View Full Version : Google Adsence

Neehosoft
10-06-2009, 09:09 AM
How much money do you make a month? I'm saving up 1.4k, do you think that is achievable in 4 months if on the site i have hosted:
*A DTM Database
*A BMP Database
*A DDTM Database
*ALOT of tutorials
*Alot of flash Games
*Suggestment system - Request a tutorial or game and i'll make it
*A lot of funny videos
*Game Guides like on GameSpot but bigger, more detail and some extra things like clean torrent links
*Clean torrent links that are verified - With a community system where people can verify, upload verified links with a trust sytem and everything
(Nobody steal my ideas :))

Anyone have any more ideas please?
How long do you think with a banner ad it would take to reach 1.4k?

TRiLeZ
10-06-2009, 09:14 AM
You don't really get much money for views... so you are relying on clicks.
1.4K will take a LONG time.

If each click is 25¢ then it will take 5600 clicks...

Neehosoft
10-06-2009, 09:18 AM
You don't really get much money for views... so you are relying on clicks.
1.4K will take a LONG time.

If each click is 25¢ then it will take 5600 clicks...

Is there a better affiliate program?
And ive heard stories of people making 500$ a month PTC for simple sites and 1000$ a month for something like myspace

Dan Cardin
10-06-2009, 09:26 AM
probably a long time. SRL gets many many visits per day, yet afaik, doesnt get much in the way of ad money. I assume you'll have even bigger a problem without as big of a userbase.

Haxor
10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Well, atm i have my website(www.mp3juices.com), this has got about 500uniques so far and i have only received about 15$. you need to get the site popular and be advertising things that are relivent to your website. CJ.com and clickbank.com are both popular websites relying on affiliate marketing and the shares can go as high as 75%.

However for my website in the long run i will be adding pop ups and adverts that pay per thousand views. However being a free download niche, apart from ringtones there isnt really anything else. So if your site hits the right niche and people are tempted to buy your products, the results are endless. However you cant pull out traffic out of your ass, in this case advertising on forums and getting higher ranks on google is the way to go.

Anyway, good luck

Haxor

Neehosoft
10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
probably a long time. SRL gets many many visits per day, yet afaik, doesnt get much in the way of ad money. I assume you'll have even bigger a problem without as big of a userbase.

exept, in SRL's case, they get enough to keep hosted of there own comp and also ad's are dissabled if you signed up. When i registered i lost the ads.

Neehosoft
10-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Well, atm i have my website(www.mp3juices.com), this has got about 500uniques so far and i have only received about 15$. you need to get the site popular and be advertising things that are relivent to your website. CJ.com and clickbank.com are both popular websites relying on affiliate marketing and the shares can go as high as 75%.

However for my website in the long run i will be adding pop ups and adverts that pay per thousand views. However being a free download niche, apart from ringtones there isnt really anything else. So if your site hits the right niche and people are tempted to buy your products, the results are endless. However you cant pull out traffic out of your ass, in this case advertising on forums and getting higher ranks on google is the way to go.

Anyway, good luck

Haxor

+1. Thanks Hermen, i <3 you no homo.
Thanks for the helpfull info, and i never knew that was your site but i use it :)

Harry
10-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Google Adsense sucks.

It's one of the biggest money-making opportunities advertised on the Internet, yet it's also one of the biggest money-making scams in Internet history.

Google AdSense is one of the most widely-advertised ways that webmasters can make money from their websites. The concept behind it is relatively simple. Google displays an advertisement on your website and you earn money when someone clicks it. The amount of money earned per click depends on the popularity of the site being advertised on the advertisement. Sounds like a foolproof way to make money, doesn't it? Well, as I'm about to explain, the fine print says it all.

Google has their backs covered in more ways than one. What you would think is a truly legitimate way to make money, is in fact, one of the biggest scams that the world has ever seen. Let me explain my experience with the program and how it turned me, a true AdSense believer, into a person who will now tell everyone he meets not to sign up under the AdSense program.

I was just like you. I owned a website and loved spending time working on it. Then I heard about AdSense. I thought to myself, "What a great idea! I can work on my site and earn money at the same time!" So I signed up. That was on July 14, 2008. To my surprise, within 2 months, I had $10.00 in my AdSense account. Keep in mind that my site was relatively small - only about 150 pages. I went through their phone verification, home address verification, sent in my tax forms and selected my type of payment method - check, standard delivery (otherwise, Google charges you a whopping $30.00 for express delivery). This, of course, was all asked of me once I reached the $10.00 account balance.

Another two months went by and by the end of October, I was literally jumping up and down in my computer chair, seeing my AdSense balance finally exceed the $100 minimum payout amount. I was going to surprise my dad when I received the check in the mail. It was November 6, 2008 when I got the email from Google. Apparently, they had suspended my account due to "invalid clicks" on my advertisements. I was shocked out of disbelief! Not once had I clicked on my own ads, nor did I ever ask anyone to click on my ads! But they had suspended my account nonetheless. In the email, however, it stated that I could appeal their ruling. I did so, filling out an online information appeal form and sending it to Google. I explained that there was no way for me to determine who clicked on my ads and that I would do my best to ensure that this incident didn't happen again (actually, the only thing I could do was inform my site's community by posting a news entry explicitly stating to not abuse the ad-click process). It was nearly three weeks later that I got an email response.

> Hello,
> We’re currently in the process of reviewing your account with the additional information that you’ve provided. Please understand, however, that there is no guarantee that your account will be reinstated into AdSense. As a reminder, Google does reserve the right to disable an account at any time, as stated in the AdSense Terms and Conditions (http://www.google.com/adsense/terms).
> Thank you for your patience.
> Sincerely,
> The Google AdSense Team

It then took another two weeks before they responded to my appeal:

> Hello,
> Thanks for providing us with additional information. However, after thoroughly reviewing your account data and taking your feedback into consideration, we’ve re-confirmed that your account poses a significant risk to our advertisers. For this reason, we’re unable to reinstate your account. Thank you for your understanding. As a reminder, if you have any questions about your account or the actions we’ve taken, please do not reply to this email. You can find more information by visiting https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153.
> Sincerely,

Needless to say, I was steaming mad. And the worst part about this all is that it states in the AdSense Terms of Service (TOS) that Google has the right to suspend any account without prior notification or explanation, and refund all of the earnings in that account to the respective advertisers. Talk about unfair. What about all the money I obtained through "valid" advertisement clicks that has been returned as well?

I didn't do anything wrong. All I did was set up an AdSense account in an attempt to make money. What did I do to deserve having my account shut down due to actions which I could not control? At least my account balance was only about $106.00, because if it was several thousands of dollars, I would've launched a class-action lawsuit against the company. I'm positive I'm not the only person who has been scammed by Google through this program, and I'm sure that we'd all be more than happy to gang up on Google and sue their pants off.

But then it just hit me, and it hit me hard. What happened to me can happen to anyone signed up under the Google AdSense program. I assume that one of the ways that Google determines whether or not a click is considered "valid" is with regards to the IP address of the computer that clicked on the advertisement. If the same IP address is shown multiple times clicking on an advertisement, Google becomes suspicious. If someone was intentionally clicking on my AdSense advertisements just to get my account suspended, then even if Google had reinstated my account, what could I do to prevent it from happening again in the future? To be honest - absolutely nothing. I have no control over what other people do while they visit my site.

In other words, if you have an AdSense account, it only takes a single person to click on your AdSense ads several tens or hundreds of times, and even though you personally have no control over who clicks your ads, Google will suspend your account assuming that you as a webmaster are clicking on your own ads (or you're having someone else click on your own ads) in an attempt to increase your account balance, which is not the case. So based on this, theoretically, ANY person could go to ANY website, click on an AdSense ad 100 times, and get the site owner’s AdSense account suspended, thus making him or her lose all of their earnings.

Reflecting back on my experience, it's actually quite sickening, thinking that I gave Google 5 months of FREE advertising on my site, only to get my account deactivated due to someone else who didn't want me to get paid. Google won't provide me any proof that my account was tampered with - all I have to go upon is their email which "claims" that my account was a "significant risk" to their advertisers. No doubt it was more likely a risk to their business, with such a small site as mine making about $20 a month in revenue, only to have it all taken away from me.

No doubt there are AdSense account owners out there who have been paid by Google, but I'd bet that the amount of people who have not received payment in proportion to those who have would be something to the extent of 25 to 1. If you have received AdSense checks in the mail, and think that this sort of situation could never happen to you, be warned. Like I said before, all it takes is for one person to ruin your reputation, and your AdSense account goes down the drain.

As for me, there's nothing I can do. Google hasn't paid me anything, they haven't shown me any evidence that my account had been tampered with (other than that email message simply stating my account had been suspended due to "invalid" clicks), and they don't have to provide me with proof either, as written in their Terms of Service.

I encourage everyone who reads this to spread the word about how Google is scamming everyone with their AdSense program. You display ads on your site for free, and when it comes time to pay out, for the majority of the time, Google doesn't. And I'm sure there will be many people reading this arguing that AdSense is the best program ever, that they've "supposedly" earned thousands of dollars through it, and that they have in fact received checks in the mail. Whether they're telling the truth or not - that's another story. Perhaps some of them are even people who have been paid by Google to advertise the AdSense program and its "authenticity," just to fool everyone into thinking that Google does, in fact, pay their members. I cannot imagine how much free advertising Google has obtained through this con-of-the-century. Think about it for a moment. "Claim" to give out money, offer months of free advertising to their advertisers, then not pay out even one cent to the webmasters displaying those ads.

Absolutely disgusting.

Neehosoft
10-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Google Adsense sucks.

It's one of the biggest money-making opportunities advertised on the Internet, yet it's also one of the biggest money-making scams in Internet history.

Google AdSense is one of the most widely-advertised ways that webmasters can make money from their websites. The concept behind it is relatively simple. Google displays an advertisement on your website and you earn money when someone clicks it. The amount of money earned per click depends on the popularity of the site being advertised on the advertisement. Sounds like a foolproof way to make money, doesn't it? Well, as I'm about to explain, the fine print says it all.

Google has their backs covered in more ways than one. What you would think is a truly legitimate way to make money, is in fact, one of the biggest scams that the world has ever seen. Let me explain my experience with the program and how it turned me, a true AdSense believer, into a person who will now tell everyone he meets not to sign up under the AdSense program.

I was just like you. I owned a website and loved spending time working on it. Then I heard about AdSense. I thought to myself, "What a great idea! I can work on my site and earn money at the same time!" So I signed up. That was on July 14, 2008. To my surprise, within 2 months, I had $10.00 in my AdSense account. Keep in mind that my site was relatively small - only about 150 pages. I went through their phone verification, home address verification, sent in my tax forms and selected my type of payment method - check, standard delivery (otherwise, Google charges you a whopping $30.00 for express delivery). This, of course, was all asked of me once I reached the $10.00 account balance.

Another two months went by and by the end of October, I was literally jumping up and down in my computer chair, seeing my AdSense balance finally exceed the $100 minimum payout amount. I was going to surprise my dad when I received the check in the mail. It was November 6, 2008 when I got the email from Google. Apparently, they had suspended my account due to "invalid clicks" on my advertisements. I was shocked out of disbelief! Not once had I clicked on my own ads, nor did I ever ask anyone to click on my ads! But they had suspended my account nonetheless. In the email, however, it stated that I could appeal their ruling. I did so, filling out an online information appeal form and sending it to Google. I explained that there was no way for me to determine who clicked on my ads and that I would do my best to ensure that this incident didn't happen again (actually, the only thing I could do was inform my site's community by posting a news entry explicitly stating to not abuse the ad-click process). It was nearly three weeks later that I got an email response.

> Hello,
> We’re currently in the process of reviewing your account with the additional information that you’ve provided. Please understand, however, that there is no guarantee that your account will be reinstated into AdSense. As a reminder, Google does reserve the right to disable an account at any time, as stated in the AdSense Terms and Conditions (http://www.google.com/adsense/terms).
> Thank you for your patience.
> Sincerely,

It then took another two weeks before they responded to my appeal:

> Hello,
> Thanks for providing us with additional information. However, after thoroughly reviewing your account data and taking your feedback into consideration, we’ve re-confirmed that your account poses a significant risk to our advertisers. For this reason, we’re unable to reinstate your account. Thank you for your understanding. As a reminder, if you have any questions about your account or the actions we’ve taken, please do not reply to this email. You can find more information by visiting https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153.
> Sincerely,

Needless to say, I was steaming mad. And the worst part about this all is that it states in the AdSense Terms of Service (TOS) that Google has the right to suspend any account without prior notification or explanation, and refund all of the earnings in that account to the respective advertisers. Talk about unfair. What about all the money I obtained through "valid" advertisement clicks that has been returned as well?

I didn't do anything wrong. All I did was set up an AdSense account in an attempt to make money. What did I do to deserve having my account shut down due to actions which I could not control? At least my account balance was only about $106.00, because if it was several thousands of dollars, I would've launched a class-action lawsuit against the company. I'm positive I'm not the only person who has been scammed by Google through this program, and I'm sure that we'd all be more than happy to gang up on Google and sue their pants off.

But then it just hit me, and it hit me hard. What happened to me can happen to anyone signed up under the Google AdSense program. I assume that one of the ways that Google determines whether or not a click is considered "valid" is with regards to the IP address of the computer that clicked on the advertisement. If the same IP address is shown multiple times clicking on an advertisement, Google becomes suspicious. If someone was intentionally clicking on my AdSense advertisements just to get my account suspended, then even if Google had reinstated my account, what could I do to prevent it from happening again in the future? To be honest - absolutely nothing. I have no control over what other people do while they visit my site.

In other words, if you have an AdSense account, it only takes a single person to click on your AdSense ads several tens or hundreds of times, and even though you personally have no control over who clicks your ads, Google will suspend your account assuming that you as a webmaster are clicking on your own ads (or you're having someone else click on your own ads) in an attempt to increase your account balance, which is not the case. So based on this, theoretically, ANY person could go to ANY website, click on an AdSense ad 100 times, and get the site owner’s AdSense account suspended, thus making him or her lose all of their earnings.

Reflecting back on my experience, it's actually quite sickening, thinking that I gave Google 5 months of FREE advertising on my site, only to get my account deactivated due to someone else who didn't want me to get paid. Google won't provide me any proof that my account was tampered with - all I have to go upon is their email which "claims" that my account was a "significant risk" to their advertisers. No doubt it was more likely a risk to their business, with such a small site as mine making about $20 a month in revenue, only to have it all taken away from me.

No doubt there are AdSense account owners out there who have been paid by Google, but I'd bet that the amount of people who have not received payment in proportion to those who have would be something to the extent of 25 to 1. If you have received AdSense checks in the mail, and think that this sort of situation could never happen to you, be warned. Like I said before, all it takes is for one person to ruin your reputation, and your AdSense account goes down the drain.

As for me, there's nothing I can do. Google hasn't paid me anything, they haven't shown me any evidence that my account had been tampered with (other than that email message simply stating my account had been suspended due to "invalid" clicks), and they don't have to provide me with proof either, as written in their Terms of Service.

I encourage everyone who reads this to spread the word about how Google is scamming everyone with their AdSense program. You display ads on your site for free, and when it comes time to pay out, for the majority of the time, Google doesn't. And I'm sure there will be many people reading this arguing that AdSense is the best program ever, that they've "supposedly" earned thousands of dollars through it, and that they have in fact received checks in the mail. Whether they're telling the truth or not - that's another story. Perhaps some of them are even people who have been paid by Google to advertise the AdSense program and its "authenticity," just to fool everyone into thinking that Google does, in fact, pay their members. I cannot imagine how much free advertising Google has obtained through this con-of-the-century. Think about it for a moment. "Claim" to give out money, offer months of free advertising to their advertisers, then not pay out even one cent to the webmasters displaying those ads.

Absolutely disgusting.

Thanks a lot.
That really sucks man.
+1 Rep. I'm looking at the ones Hermen reffered me to right now.
Mabye we can take down google adsence?
There planning on taking over the world, btw: http://googleworlddomination.com/

Wizzup?
10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
I have no problems with Google AdSense.

Zyt3x
10-06-2009, 05:52 PM
That's one wall of text O.O
Read it all and I'm sorry for you Harry..
I have also gotten my AdSense account suspended, but I had something like 12$ on it so I couldn't care less :P

Simtoon
10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
I got my account suspended too lol.

But now i use Adbrite and BidVerser.

Harry
10-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I have no problems with Google AdSense.
Then you're lucky that no one has spam-click-bombed your ads. =(

Ranger135xp
10-31-2009, 12:41 AM
I had the same problem with AdSense. but like Simtoon, I only had $11.50 in mine.

What you need are sites that will give the annoying game-type ads. Everyone who has good blockers and stuff tends to play those every now and then since they are protected from pop-ups and spy-ware. Also most regular users click those games as well because they get tempting when they keep flashing "you suck" or "you lose".

Kave
10-31-2009, 02:30 AM
I had the same problem with AdSense. but like Simtoon, I only had $11.50 in mine.

What you need are sites that will give the annoying game-type ads. Everyone who has good blockers and stuff tends to play those every now and then since they are protected from pop-ups and spy-ware. Also most regular users click those games as well because they get tempting when they keep flashing "you suck" or "you lose".

God i hate those i always end up playing them such as the chin ups race, shoot the duckies/iphone :P

Ranger135xp
10-31-2009, 02:58 AM
God i hate those i always end up playing them such as the chin ups race, shoot the duckies/iphone :P

See, we hate them, but we play them, because we can!
And when you shoot 10 "duckies", it trys to open a pop-up which counts as a click.

Hello $.25 to the site owner!
I rest my case :)

code841
10-31-2009, 03:25 AM
Wait let me get this straight, you want $1400 USD purely from ads? That's not gonna happen :/
Are you saying your hosting costs is 1.4k for 4 months?

Ranger135xp
10-31-2009, 04:09 AM
Wait let me get this straight, you want $1400 USD purely from ads? That's not gonna happen :/

Yes it can, look at myspace! They gain revenue from advertisements since they get x amount of viewers a day.

Are you saying your hosting costs is 1.4k for 4 months?

Obviously that's a ridiculous amount. Logic please :)

code841
10-31-2009, 04:18 AM
Yes it can, look at myspace! They gain revenue from advertisements since they get x amount of viewers a day.

Obviously that's a ridiculous amount. Logic please :)

And you ask me to use logic, I can guarantee his site will not gain enough hits for even $100. You cannot compare his site to myspace.

If the 1.4k is not for server costs, then get a job!

Ranger135xp
10-31-2009, 04:31 AM
And you ask me to use logic, I can guarantee his site will not gain enough hits for even $100. You cannot compare his site to myspace.

If the 1.4k is not for server costs, then get a job!

Yes but myspace also makes millions, not 1.4k...

It is very possible for a regular person to obtain an ad revenue of that amount.

Who wouldn't want to make money by creating and maintaining a website vs working?

Myspace was created by a guy named Tom who had an idea and ran with it. Now he's rich due to Rupert Murdoch buying myspace from him. So don't try and say it's not possible, because it most certainly is!

Bionicle
10-31-2009, 02:13 PM
There planning on taking over the world, btw: http://googleworlddomination.com/

LMAO this is hilarious, they even have a countdown :p

Main
11-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Google Adsense sucks.

longest thing I've read this year, and its the best thing I've read too.

EDIT:
Btw
http://urgo.org/flash/ols-master.html

Cartmann
11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
It would be cool if someone could compare it, just a tip, something like:
1.000 daily visitors normally ends up in a 100$ bonus a month
10.000 daily visitors normally en... so on

Btw, repped harry, NICE POST! dind't knew google scammed :P but what the heck, everybody doese ... one of my friends (whos one of the best counter-striker players in the world) got banned from XLFrag for no reason at all, loosing some 100£ too ... Kinda sucks.

EDIT: to Harry

Here's an answer from my uncle regarding AdSence:

Google recommends that you keep an eye on its AdSense statistics and you seem that you get all many legitimate clicks. So you should just contact Google and tell them about it. They can then look behind what happened.

Then you are at the forefront and "help" Google. Instead of taking action when you have been labeled as sins.

It is important to keep an eye on its website. Google Web statistics and Adsense work well together, so you can see how many percent of its visitors click on an advertisement. Are shown at approx. 1-2%
If this value suddenly much higher, so you can see who influence this increase (or their IP address).
- It's google translated from danish, just for the gramma mistakes :P

peterjames1
09-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Google AdSense is a free, simple way for website publishers of all sizes to earn money by displaying targeted Google ads on their websites.

TRiLeZ
09-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Google AdSense is a free, simple way for website publishers of all sizes to earn money by displaying targeted Google ads on their websites.

As you can see, the last post in this thread was posted in 2009. Please don't gravedig.

greekst1
03-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Hi ! I think that it will take a lot time to reach with 1.4k with one banner. Because generally when you will place your banner in any website than it depends that how attractive your banner is ? And many times, Users are not even ready to watch Advertisement also. So i think this would not be better choice.

TRiLeZ
03-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi ! I think that it will take a lot time to reach with 1.4k with one banner. Because generally when you will place your banner in any website than it depends that how attractive your banner is ? And many times, Users are not even ready to watch Advertisement also. So i think this would not be better choice.

This thread was made in 2009. Please don't gravedig.