PDA

View Full Version : Control scar from ipod/iphone.

ZaSz
10-11-2009, 03:41 AM
I am thinking of making an app that will allow you to send commands like, "get report" "change script for (playername)" (different scripts built into 1 script) (So if you think the reports good enough you can switch)

Then you could receive responses like a regular player report.

Ex.
(a send command): "Is Player active (playername/#)"
(Received response): "True"
(Send Command): "Switch script Mining (Playername/#)"
(Received response): "Attempting to switch scripts, wait for attempt"
(After 5-30 seconds)
(Received response): "Script has sent that it has successfully switched to mining"
Else - "Script failed to send successful switch, player going false to prevent errors"

Would any of you like to have that? This will not replace from having scar running on any pc. Its a nice remote control

YoHoJo
10-11-2009, 06:31 AM
That would be really amazing, id love it, although I don't have iPod touch/iPhone id LOVE to see it created! Good Luck!

Laur€ns
10-11-2009, 07:51 AM
What about using VNC?

BobboHobbo
10-11-2009, 09:02 AM
This would be really cool if you do this Zasz I will have sex with you multiple times!

Nahh but, would be a really cool app.

Zyt3x
10-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Amazing :O
Brilliant idea :)

Be sure to do some sexy design too :P

mixster
10-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Look into my little Scar listening socket plugin if you do plan to - seems like it would be pretty well suited to the Scar side if combined with the RC-ESM.scar thingy I constructed for Bobarkinator.

Dynamite
10-11-2009, 12:22 PM
make one for Windows Mobile 6.1 aswell!

Dan Cardin
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
you have the $100 to spend on becoming a developer and a mac to do the developing on, to do this?

Rick
10-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Amazing Idea! I would use this quite often.

ZaSz
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Dang, i checked it out and it is $100, i only had to spend $25 to become a android developer :( Well, I could make this for the g1, but idk since it would only be for me.

This was just an idea though, it will have to be put off till i can get the money to be an apple developer as well.

Dan Cardin
10-11-2009, 10:39 PM
i mean it could be possible that there is a way to get the software for free if you have a mac, but i couldnt find it in my 10 minutes of perusal. Then it would just require the user to have a jailbroken Iphone/pod.

mixster
10-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Indeed you can become a dev for free, but with very limited things. All of them require a Mac to my knowledge. The free one gives you the SDK at least so you can make apps and then I think an iPhone emulator to test, but not the option to sell it. Possibly the ability to put onto your own iPhone - I'll see if I can find the link as it was incredibly obscure.

Edit: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/ - register from there and I believe it gives access to the free stuffs.

apx900
10-11-2009, 11:33 PM
i have an iphone 2g and i personally think its a brilliant idea.

Wizzup?
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
If you want real control over SCAR, you'll have to change the way SCAR works.
I may have an idea, but it's going to take a while.. :)

Cartmann
10-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Can you do this from several computers too?
Like if i have a server at home working with alot of bots, could i be able to control them all via a laptop from school?
(thinking on get/posthttp)

Bobarkinator
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Look into my little Scar listening socket plugin if you do plan to - seems like it would be pretty well suited to the Scar side if combined with the RC-ESM.scar thingy I constructed for Bobarkinator.

I don't remember that...

Anyways as has already been said, you need a mac. Which I really think apple is hurting themselves with that stipulation. They could have a much wider developer database if they didn't make you have a mac I think.

mixster
10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
My bad - 'twas Boreas (I got first 2 chars right at least) :)

boberman
10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't remember that...

Anyways as has already been said, you need a mac. Which I really think apple is hurting themselves with that stipulation. They could have a much wider developer database if they didn't make you have a mac I think.

Apple has always been anti-open development. And I agree, it is retarded for them. They believe that if they pick and choose what companies can develop for their platforms, that they can somehow ensure that every piece of software release for them will be a gold nugget.

What they end up with is less features, overpriced applications, nobody that wants to develop for them.

Bobarkinator
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
However, Flash CS5 is going to have the ability to pre-compile itouch/phone apps that can be released in the app store. So that will make it more available.

Daniel
10-13-2009, 09:07 AM
you have the $100 to spend on becoming a developer and a mac to do the developing on, to do this?

No, it's free for Mac but costs for Windows (so i believe, as a friend told me).

fronty
10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
But Apple's development tools are for Mac, how can you use them on Windows?

Wizzup?
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
No, it's free for Mac but costs for Windows (so i believe, as a friend told me).

No, they also cost on mac.

boberman
10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
But Apple's development tools are for Mac, how can you use them on Windows?

Friends don't let friend develop for Apple :D

XRaye
10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I think that's an awesome idea :D