PDA

View Full Version : Starting a private server need oppionions

Neehosoft
11-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Do you guys think i should:
*Keep the G.E. or remove it? Like the old days where buying was a skill and everyone hung out in the VWB
*HD or old graphics (317 client of 515 if you know what i mean)
I am going to:
*NO PVP WORLDS/BOUNTY HUNTER
*Wilderness will be back
*No trade limits
*No you donate your a admin crap that got me banned from pine
*Chat Filter is a Option (On/Off)
*Jailing System
**You have to work for your stuff. This means none of that ::pickup crap and money that comes too easy.
*Training will be the same as originol RS System
*Summoning does not affect combat - what you think of this?

Any thing you want added? Anything i forgot about the old runescape?
Where should my home be?
I used to code Mopar servers when i was like 8, decided to make one like the old runescape sence the new one sucks.

JPHamlett
11-07-2009, 12:18 AM
i like it tell me when its up and running and if u need admins or mods just hit me up

mrpickle
11-07-2009, 12:27 AM
GE? Sure keep it, but get rid of the tradign restrictions :)

Botting is allowed rite? ^^

Neehosoft
11-07-2009, 12:38 AM

SCAR Bots, BCEL is a fast ban on ShneeScape. I wont ban you if your not dumb, just dont use like a autorecorder.

Neehosoft
11-07-2009, 12:55 AM
i like it tell me when its up and running and if u need admins or mods just hit me up

Okay you can be either you want

JPHamlett
11-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Okay you can be either you want

oh if your letting me choose i wanna be an admin

Neehosoft
11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
oh if your letting me choose i wanna be an admin

Then your an admin.

Method
11-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Actually develop the server so you learn about the client and networking between the two. Servers that are just downloaded from a website and changed in a couple places aren't very fun to play.

Neehosoft
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Actually develop the server so you learn about the client and networking between the two. Servers that are just downloaded from a website and changed in a couple places aren't very fun to play.

Im planning on doing so to help me learn java, and how networking works. I am changing the whole thing, just using other server as a base and im planning on editing everything. Once i learn by studying the code some more, i will develop a full server, but i dont have nearly enough experience to do so at this time.

mrpickle
11-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I'd be preferable if you have HD and LD as option. but If there's only one choice... HD.

Alot of the otehr servers are extremely easy to lv, and get "pwrful" stuff. Why not make ur server so that gold is worth lots (so Rune plate would worth 2000 gold instead of 40000)... gold is dropped much less, and default sale prices to bots are also much reduced. Would be neat to see how the economy turn out to be.

Neehosoft
11-08-2009, 05:19 AM
I'd be preferable if you have HD and LD as option. but If there's only one choice... HD.

Alot of the otehr servers are extremely easy to lv, and get "pwrful" stuff. Why not make ur server so that gold is worth lots (so Rune plate would worth 2000 gold instead of 40000)... gold is dropped much less, and default sale prices to bots are also much reduced. Would be neat to see how the economy turn out to be.

This actually is not that bad of idea.
It is not easy to level or get pwrful stuff however already.

TRiLeZ
11-08-2009, 06:55 AM
You should make your home in the Falador Castle, that would be sweet.

I could make a good admin. ^^

If you need any help just pm me.

Neehosoft
11-08-2009, 07:06 AM
You should make your home in the Falador Castle, that would be sweet.

I could make a good admin. ^^

If you need any help just pm me.

Woah, i never thought of that. Good idea & Thanks.
If you want, you can be a admin when it's done.
I just got my Base's and im editing them now.
It's coming along pretty good, i'll make home fally castle as soon as i add a JMenu to galkons client base.

Zyt3x
11-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow this will be great when released :)
I could be a mod, since theres a lot of admins already? :P
Make a meeting place or something for the mods and admins :P

Alek000
11-08-2009, 09:30 AM
This is going to be awesome when you get it up and running.
If you need any mods I will help out. Keep us updated on how everything is going.

cycrosism
11-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I tried doing this but the shit thing is all the server sources are ALL for windows so I can't use my dedicated server for it

TRiLeZ
11-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I tried doing this but the shit thing is all the server sources are ALL for windows so I can't use my dedicated server for it

Server sources are java... Java isn't just for windows... So what are you talking about?

GoF
11-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Good luck with your project. Hopefully it'll turn out better than most (about 98%) private servers that have horrible lag and downtime and those "click here to get a billion of everything and all skills 99" stuff, and of course just silly copypasta without anything new added.

Server sources are java... Java isn't just for windows... So what are you talking about?

He most likely doesn't know what he's talking about.

Bionicle
11-08-2009, 06:54 PM
skrew the ge lol, its just a fail, make varrock west bank the whole trading place.
yay wildy! :p
YES HD
IMO, ideal would be current runescape without all the things that hold you back(trade limit, ge, wildy, even text censor, etc.)

good luck!

Neehosoft
11-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Good luck with your project. Hopefully it'll turn out better than most (about 98%) private servers that have horrible lag and downtime and those "click here to get a billion of everything and all skills 99" stuff, and of course just silly copypasta without anything new added.

lol @He most likely doesn't know what he's talking about.
Why does everyone hate cyro so much?
There actually is a Operating system difference with most server sources, which is why the mac servers are always exagerated.

@Horrible Lag: I used to have my own little server running on my block when i was like 8, it was all C&P of course, but lag was not bad.

I will have no "Click here to get a billion and everything 99", the server is aimed at being like the old runescape, back in the day before everyone quit cuz jagex messed it up.

The new server, will not be C@P i know Java better know.
Basically what bionicle said:
skrew the ge lol, its just a fail, make varrock west bank the whole trading place.
yay wildy!
YES HD
IMO, ideal would be current runescape without all the things that hold you back(trade limit, ge, wildy, even text censor, etc.)

The text cencor, can be turned on/off, and if you download the client instead of playing the web client you can have your own custom cencor at File>Cencor.

and finaly:
@Method:
Later on, when i get a better idea of everything, I will start behind the scenes a server off of a 317 deob. But as of now, I can't even get a hold of one.

Bionicle
11-08-2009, 07:16 PM
@ neeho wait, what? you can download runescape now?!

Method
11-08-2009, 07:32 PM
and finaly:
@Method:
Later on, when i get a better idea of everything, I will start behind the scenes a server off of a 317 deob. But as of now, I can't even get a hold of one.

This one (http://www.moparisthebest.com/downloads/srcAllDummysRemoved.tar.gz) probably should work.

Alek000
11-08-2009, 07:33 PM
you can download runescape now?!

Yes you can download it now.
http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/Downloads_and_Wallpapers
It's the very first download.

Zyt3x
11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
It's the very first download.I think he meant download runescape as in the .class-es :)

Alek000
11-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh oops, my bad... Wasn't paying attention.

TRiLeZ
11-08-2009, 08:25 PM
It's the very first download.

That's actually a web browser coded in VB or something.

Neehosoft
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
@ neeho wait, what? you can download runescape now?!

A deob is the closest thing you can get to the runescape source being reverse engeneered with a lot of problems.

mrpickle
11-09-2009, 04:11 AM
And a reminder... make sure you get your legal stuff straight and fortified, suing is the last thing we want. (was thinking about scapegaming.com... was a wonderful WOW private server)

Camaro'
11-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Private servers are fine, i think :)

Neehosoft, can i help you with the server, i am making one now but i realize i want a partner.

Maybe we can team on this p-server?

Dervish
11-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Higher the exp rate...

Zyt3x
11-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Higher the exp rate...I agree, 3x or something

Neehosoft
11-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Private servers are fine, i think :)

Neehosoft, can i help you with the server, i am making one now but i realize i want a partner.

Maybe we can team on this p-server?

Yeah, i fail so you might be carying me.
Talk to meh on MSN?

Camaro'
11-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Talk to meh on MSN?

You never seem to be on :(

JPHamlett
11-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Talk to meh on MSN?

ill help to if u want

itll be a great way to learn

arash
11-18-2009, 02:53 AM
Actually both of them have no idea what they are talking about. Java is a programming language it is not OS based as you implied. However the JVM(Java Virtual Machine) is OS based. Trilez before teaching others please learn to teach yourself.

Maxxcrax
12-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Higher the exp rate...

I think what he's striving for is a close replica to the old RS, keeping it as close as possible to the original game, while changing a few key features that most users would prefer.

While fast XP is nice, if there was a large well-maintained server that had taken the time and effort to add each of the original RS quests, along with the NPCs, no trade limit, the old wilderness, and the same XP as RS, I feel I and many other people who still prefer the real game to private servers would be willing to make the switch.

I think too many private servers strive to be *too* different from the original game.

Anyway, if you need any help with the server, drop me a PM and I'll give you my MSN. I've been out of the realms of Java and SCAR for a very long time, but I'm hoping to make a return. In the earlier days of private servers I took a barebones server that had ::pickup etc and turned it into a fully functional server with several working skills, various monsters that could be trained on, a couple of quests, a working fatigue system (this was written long before many other servers started using this, and had an RSC like approach with a random sequence of letters in different colours that the player would have to type in to sleep), and even a summoning skill. (Kind of ironic, though my summoning skill bares no resemblance to the one Jagex has now added, and was used for summoning items rather than familiars)

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. My knowledge of Java is lacking a little again due to being away from it for so long, but I learn fast so if you have any little tasks that you need help with, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Also, best of luck with the server. Do you have the proper equipment to run a large-scale server or will you be limiting it to a smaller amount of users? I personally never released my server as I did not know anyone I could trust with the source, and the likelihood of getting more than 5 or 10 players playing simultaneously on my connection was very slim.

crezzur
12-22-2009, 03:39 PM

why bot on a P server ? u get 99 in like 10-20 min :spot:

rya
12-22-2009, 05:31 PM

But if you read ll posts you would know that this is going to be like runescape before the trade limits and GE with normal EXP i think

josh81193
12-22-2009, 07:38 PM

It sounds like they're going to make it so it takes a few hours, if not, maybe a couple days to get a 99.

I hope that's how it is anyways..