PDA

View Full Version : RuneScape Classic Temporarily Re-opened

TRiLeZ
11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Following on from my recent dev blog about our ideas for RuneScape Classic, we are delighted to offer everyone the opportunity to try Classic for themselves! For two weeks starting from today, Classic is open for new sign-ups from RuneScape members only.

If you access Classic during this two-week period (using your normal username and password), you will continue to be able to do so after the two weeks are over. If, however, you do not, you will miss out on the chance to do so, so give it a try.

There are 15 members' worlds, one of which will be left as being only accessible to those veteran Classic players who have stuck with it all the way through.

You can access RuneScape Classic here.

RuneScape Classic is the predecessor to the current RuneScape game. It was closed to new members over four years ago, but we want for players to be able to try out this important part of our history. We also have potential further plans for Classic (as discussed in this blog), so another reason for this re-opening is to see how many people are interested.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss this, please visit this forum thread.

Mod Jack H
Tools Developer

Note: If you would prefer not to play through the RuneScape Classic tutorial, there is a button to allow you to skip it under the 'Spanner' menu in game.

Taken from: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/newsitem.ws?id=2376

noidea
11-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Slow :p There was already a thread on this.

NCDS
11-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I have red mask on Classic 0.0

TRiLeZ
11-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Slow :p There was already a thread on this.

Oh, lol, I didn't see it. lol

Main
11-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Members only. I bet pin is gonna sky rocket this week lol.. to bad I gave my last slot of pin to triler.s...but o well^

Sir R. M8gic1an
11-15-2009, 11:09 PM
http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52778

~RM

YoHoJo
11-15-2009, 11:25 PM
QUESTION: After the two weeks, will we need membership in order to continue to play on RSC? Or is it once we log in during those 2 weeks, we can play RSC f2p or p2p?

Awkwardsaw
11-15-2009, 11:26 PM
i think you need membership :\

YoHoJo
11-15-2009, 11:33 PM

1) I got the first view of that new picture in your thread! I have also been spamming it, and got over 300 views :p, and I'm still going!
2) I was hoping you wouldn't need members to continue playing RSC, but seems like a btch movie that Jagex would make...

Bionicle
11-16-2009, 12:11 AM

Yea you do, it sucks.
2 for your pic!
@yohojo, it only said 1 (for me) :p hawhaw

Awkwardsaw
11-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Yea you do, it sucks.
2 for your pic!
@yohojo, it only said 1 (for me) :p hawhaw

lol. the pic is messed up, it changes for each different page its on, and sometimes resets lol. it also counts 1 for each post i have on the page

Bionicle
11-16-2009, 12:17 AM
lol. the pic is messed up, it changes for each different page its on, and sometimes resets lol. it also counts 1 for each post i have on the page

Lol it says 77 now O_o

YoHoJo
11-16-2009, 12:18 AM
So to continue playing RSC after the two weeks, you gotta keep buying membership?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Awkwardsaw
11-16-2009, 12:37 AM
So to continue playing RSC after the two weeks, you gotta keep buying membership?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

well, if you lose membership, you have 6 months to get it back before you lose your rsc guy, afaik

YoHoJo
11-16-2009, 12:39 AM
well, if you lose membership, you have 6 months to get it back before you lose your rsc guy, afaik

So I need membership to continue playing RSC, and if im nonmember for 6+ months i loose my RSC acct alltogether?!Wow, so fail.

Awkwardsaw
11-16-2009, 12:40 AM
So I need membership to continue playing RSC, and if im nonmember for 6+ months i loose my RSC acct alltogether?!Wow, so fail.

yeah, pretty much lol

Bionicle
11-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Why don't they just permanently reopen rsc is my question? like tbh what the hell do they have to lose...

YoHoJo
11-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Why don't they just permanently reopen rsc is my question? like tbh what the hell do they have to lose...

Money :p (kindov, they want it open for only 2 weeks so people feel an urgency and rush to buy it, rather than if it was open forever people would just say 'nah ill do it later' ) Stupid money whores!

Bionicle
11-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Money :p (kindov, they want it open for only 2 weeks so people feel an urgency and rush to buy it, rather than if it was open forever people would just say 'nah ill do it later' ) Stupid money whores!

grr...Jagex strikes again!