PDA

View Full Version : RSC Chars

Thick As Blood
11-17-2009, 02:18 AM
They can be found in SCAR 1.13, but how can they be included in things like GetTextAtEx and ect? Or am I just missing something?

weequ
11-17-2009, 08:36 AM
They can be found in SCAR 1.13, but how can they be included in things like GetTextAtEx and ect? Or am I just missing something?I tried that and failed hard.
Here is what I did...

program New;
var
x, y, Charsrsc, mask: Integer;
S: String;
begin
Charsrsc := LoadChars2(AppPath + 'Fonts\Charsrsc\');
{mask := CreateBitmapMaskFromText('p', Charsrsc);
if FindBitmapMaskTolerance(mask, x, y, 370, 3, 600, 30, 30, 30) then WriteLn(IntToStr(x)+', '+IntToStr(y));}
WriteLn(IntToStr(CharsRSC));
S := GetTextAtEx(379, 5, 0, Charsrsc ,false, true, 0 ,1, -1, 100, false, tr_AllChars)
writeln(S);
end.

It says this in the scar manual:
(If you are planning on creating your own character set, make sure bitmap images are named according to their ASCII codes.)
So I did it, but it still wont work :( (They are not according their ASCII codes in scar 1.13)

Thick As Blood
11-17-2009, 05:33 PM
How how would I go about making this possible?

weequ
11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
lol im wondering the same thing...

Zyt3x
11-17-2009, 06:40 PM
I have tried countless many times to work with LoadChars() and LoadChars2() but I have never ever managed to get it to work.. In the end I made my own FindText.. >.<

Awkwardsaw
11-27-2009, 01:25 PM
I have tried countless many times to work with LoadChars() and LoadChars2() but I have never ever managed to get it to work.. In the end I made my own FindText.. >.<

yeah :( making dtm's isnt fun for each text i need to find

Zyt3x
11-27-2009, 01:46 PM
yeah :( making dtm's isnt fun for each text i need to find..or bitmap masks ;)

Awkwardsaw
11-27-2009, 02:52 PM
..or bitmap masks ;)

..or dtms :)

weequ
12-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Guys i fould out that they have actually changed some letters. Most if not all changes are just 1 pixel. I think that after fixing them we can use gettextat ;)

Edit: They have only changed m and X. Attached fixed m and X ;)

Freddy1990
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Guys i fould out that they have actually changed some letters. Most if not all changes are just 1 pixel. I think that after fixing them we can use gettextat ;)

Edit: They have only changed m and X. Attached fixed m and X ;)

Hmm, I've uploaded these to the SCAR Pre-release SVN so the fonts updater will add them

weequ
12-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Hmm, I've uploaded these to the SCAR Pre-release SVN so the fonts updater will add themTy ;) Ur fast btw :P
This works best for me(you change the coords ofcourse+load chars) :
GetTextAtEx(382, 2, 0, Charsrsc, false, false, 0, 1, -1, 100, true, tr_NormalChars);
It reads l as I becouse they look exatly the same.

barrylol
11-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Ty ;) Ur fast btw :P
This works best for me(you change the coords ofcourse+load chars) :
GetTextAtEx(382, 2, 0, Charsrsc, false, false, 0, 1, -1, 100, true, tr_NormalChars);
It reads l as I becouse they look exatly the same.

I'm really sorry to necro this, but its all there is..

When I use this i get

Error: Unknown declaration "tr_NormalChars" at line 10

Does anyone know how I can use Charsrsc with Simba? And what other parameters should I use for Reading text from RSC?

Citrus
11-10-2016, 10:10 PM
I'm really sorry to necro this, but its all there is..

When I use this i get

Error: Unknown declaration "tr_NormalChars" at line 10

Does anyone know how I can use Charsrsc with Simba? And what other parameters should I use for Reading text from RSC?

You already have your own thread.. Just post there instead.

You need the correct font in Simba's fonts folder. Then use whatever text reading function you want. http://docs.villavu.com/simba/scriptref/ocr.html