PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you get banned?

summerboyy
01-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi i've never been banned before so i wanna ask:
What happens if you get banned?
Will your account be deleted?
Will your ip be blocked from the website?

Anybody who can answer them pls answer thx

Kyle Undefined
01-03-2010, 08:31 AM
If it's a temp ban then you'll be temporarily banned and won't be able to use you're account. If it's a perm ban, then you're account will no longer be able to be used. It also depends on why you were banned, most bans come with a chance to appeal, while a macroing related ban is not appeal-able *I think*.

Your account itself won't be deleted, but any high scores that it may hold will be taken down.

AFAIK you can't get IP blocked from RS, but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps :)

~Camo

TRiLeZ
01-03-2010, 08:45 AM
If it's a temp ban then you'll be temporarily banned and won't be able to use you're account. If it's a perm ban, then you're account will no longer be able to be used. It also depends on why you were banned, most bans come with a chance to appeal, while a macroing related ban is not appeal-able *I think*.

Your account itself won't be deleted, but any high scores that it may hold will be taken down.

AFAIK you can't get IP blocked from RS, but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps :)

~Camo

Actually, you can appeal a macroing related ban.
Any perm bans aren't always permanent...

Kyle Undefined
01-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Ah ok, well I was wrong :) Thanks for clearing that up.

~Camo

Zyt3x
01-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I got banned yesterday, while I was in a random (thanks Naum xD)
But I don't really care about the guy but it had some nice levels :(
I was suiciding it, so I knew I would be banned.

What happens is that when you try to log in to the account there comes some text telling you that the account is banned, and that you should check your messagebox.

Anyone has a good appeal?

josh81193
01-04-2010, 02:53 AM
I got banned yesterday, while I was in a random (thanks Naum xD)
But I don't really care about the guy but it had some nice levels :(
I was suiciding it, so I knew I would be banned.

What happens is that when you try to log in to the account there comes some text telling you that the account is banned, and that you should check your messagebox.

Anyone has a good appeal?

In my own experiences, Jagex doesn't read appeals, they just say hey look, we need to look over this account again, etc. But just use your appeals with something that sounds nice and innocent, then send a letter to their billing support email (can't think of it off the top of my head).

In that letter claim you're the dad and that Runescape has been keeping your son away from bad habits, drugs, alcohol, smoking, whatever you can think of. And that now he's starting to get back into it because he doesn't have Runescape anymore.

It worked for a friend of mine(although he wasn't banned for botting). He did use all of his appeals that were denied then sent the letter to billing support.

scubajesus
01-04-2010, 03:43 AM
Appeal:
Oh I was piss drunk. I woke up with feathers in my underwear, raw bacon on my chest and my legs smothered with mayo. First it was just one shot of tequila, then the whiskey came, and one thing went to another. All I remember last night was I went to a party. I use the program keys on me keyboard to log into RS, so I must have played while I was drunk.

Micro
01-07-2010, 01:11 AM
you have 2 chances to appeal from a macro ban,if both fail your account is gone. If you decide to leave the account for 1 year i believe you can access it again.

Also jagex only ip ban you if you are a repeating offender(i.e. A gold farming site)

WT-Fakawi
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
If you decide to leave the account for 1 year i believe you can access it again. Nope. Perm ban for Rule Nr. 7 is Permanent.

YoHoJo
01-07-2010, 11:02 AM
If you decide to leave the account for 1 year i believe you can access it again.

Also jagex only ip ban you if you are a repeating offender(i.e. A gold farming site)

What Fakawi said, perm ban is perm ban. No such thing as getting access again.
Also IP bans are extremely rare, I know tons of people with many banned accounts, but they just make more. You're right about bad things like massive RWT (real world trading) can get you an IP ban, it's pretty uncommon.

The Claw
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Even Fawki wasn't IP banned, and if anyone should be IP banned its him ;)

WT-Fakawi
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Even Fawki wasn't IP banned, and if anyone should be IP banned its him ;) tsk tsk. True though. God how I love the Brittish mentality!

Micro
01-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Nope. Perm ban for Rule Nr. 7 is Permanent.

Please remind me what's rule nr. 7 again?

Bobarkinator
01-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Please remind me what's rule nr. 7 again?

Macroing.

Micro
01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Ah, okay. well when i was banned on my pures i was given 2 appeals for macroing. once both had failed they said i cannot access the account no matter what.

But what i "think" if you leave the accounts with the 2 appeals open,you should be able to log on,but the ban would stay. I have seen this multiple times on accounts i have Middlemanned. Also, you can post appeals using proxies/vps etc,but most people think its doesn't work.

Zyt3x
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Ah, okay. well when i was banned on my pures i was given 2 appeals for macroing. once both had failed they said i cannot access the account no matter what.

But what i "think" if you leave the accounts with the 2 appeals open,you should be able to log on,but the ban would stay. I have seen this multiple times on accounts i have Middlemanned. Also, you can post appeals using proxies/vps etc,but most people think its doesn't work.Now that JaGeX uses "secure.runescape.com" for you to login, I don't think proxies will work

Micro
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Now that JaGeX uses "secure.runescape.com" for you to login, I don't think proxies will work

So its VPS or nada? :O

fieri3xjohn
02-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Can you get banned for putting public off and just woodcutting, or mining?

Zyt3x
02-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Can you get banned for putting public off and just woodcutting, or mining?No? Of course not. But if you bot while doing that then; of course you can.