PDA

View Full Version : [RuneCrafting] Need ZMI altar help

jimthesoundman
01-11-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm trying to write a ZMI altar script.

I can get the character to run through the "gauntlet" to get to the altar, but then I can't get the script to click on the altar.

I made a bitmap of the altar, 30x30 with the angle all the way up. It is the center of the altar where the rock is fractured, I figured that would be the most unique spot.

I can't get the script to recognize it. I've tried all the permutations of FindBitmap all the way up to FindDeformedBitmapToleranceRotationIn and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

As a test I edited out everything from the script except for that one procedure, I manually ran down to the altar then tried to run that one procedure all by itself. Still no luck.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Should be using a DTM instead? I'm stumped.

Any help or ideas are gratefully appreciated.

JIM

Wanted
01-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Use tolerance speed 2 with findcolorstolerance and split ATPA ect... get the colors from ACA using different worlds.

Also, why would you make a ZMI crafter? Just make a script that assists people with air crafting if it's exp you are looking for

Edit: @NCDS :ninja:'d

NCDS
01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Bitmaps really are no good for Main Screen object finding, as the colors change and pixels shift.

Color finding is the way to go. AKA TPA's ;) Don't let the Abbreviation "TPA" scare you away from the idea though. Many people give up on them before they even really try creating one.

Really though, if you think of an array like a bag. Then think of the Points as apples (silly comparison I know, but it popped in my head first). Then in that case, all a TPA is, is a bag of apples. TPA stands for TPoint Array incase you didnt know. Although, you can disregard the "T" if it confuses you and just think of it as an Array of Points. (Array == a group, basically. Just incase you didn't get the previous example)

You can acquire the point's in a variation of way's but, in this case, you would be using one of Scars color finding functions such as: FindColorsSpiralTolerance(); or FindColorsTolerance();

Both of those functions have a parameter for you to fill in a variable that you want to store the Array in.
Then, you can do whatever you want really with the variable(points). That's where for..to..do loop's come in handy as they allow you to loop through all the points in the array., Sadly, this is also where my little mini tut end's ;)

Hope it helped.

jimthesoundman
01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Use tolerance speed 2 with findcolorstolerance and split ATPA ect... get the colors from ACA using different worlds.

Also, why would you make a ZMI crafter? Just make a script that assists people with air crafting if it's exp you are looking for

Edit: @NCDS :ninja:'d

I though the assist system was limited to 30K exp per day. If that's not correct then the air assist way would be much easier, but hey, its not all about easy, is it? It's about stretching ones boundaries as a scripter.

Wanted
01-12-2010, 12:48 AM
I though the assist system was limited to 30K exp per day. If that's not correct then the air assist way would be much easier, but hey, its not all about easy, is it? It's about stretching ones boundaries as a scripter.

Well yea, unless your goal was only to gain max exp ;)

jimthesoundman
01-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions. I ended up using ACA and I found that there is a unique color to the altar so I'm using that with FindColorSpiralTolerance and it seems to work pretty well.