PDA

View Full Version : I've got a paying job for all you Photoshop Guru's out there

jimthesoundman
02-04-2010, 03:27 AM
I'm designing a new Runescape themed website, but I've got my hands full with doing all the backend in PHP, and I'd prefer if someone out there could design the "look and feel" of the site for me. That's not my strong suit anyway, so it would be much nicer if you could handle it for me.

Here's what I need.

A main page, it just needs to be a PSD, no wider than 980 pixels wide and no taller than 720 pixels high, so that way it will fit nicely onto a 1024x768 monitor.

I'll leave the design up to you, it will need some sort of header banner, I'll give you the text later, the site name will be something like RuneTarget or something along those lines. Once I've registered the domain name I'll give you the exact spelling. The navigation bar can be along the top or side, doesn't matter to me.

I'll also need a simpler page to use as a clone for all the subpages. I'm sure you know the drill. If you have any questions, let me know.

Best proposal gets $100 or a share of the ad profits, whichever you prefer. Cash money now is always nice, but the ad profits will probably add up to much more in the long run.
You must have a PayPal account so I can pay you, unless you want me to send you a check.

Timeframe is flexible, but I'd like to get this up and running within a couple weeks.

If you have a proposal you would like to submit, just contact me here and we'll work out a way that I can view it.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Frement
02-04-2010, 03:45 AM
I might give it a try. Do you prefer the RS website's look? Or something that suits the games idea? Any icons directly from the game or something? Or just that it looks it can be for rs.

jimthesoundman
02-04-2010, 03:59 AM
I might give it a try. Do you prefer the RS website's look? Or something that suits the games idea? Any icons directly from the game or something? Or just that it looks it can be for rs.

Use your discretion. I don't really care what the look is, as long as it is Runescape themed. I'll probably give you my comments but I was just gonna do a simple stone wall background like the Lumby Castle. I'm sure you can come up with something better. Doesn't have to be fancy. I'd prefer too simple rather than too fancy.

If this idea takes off, I'm sure there will be plenty of money to go around if we need to upgrade the look later.

JIM

jimmy_mac
02-04-2010, 04:43 AM
Im in, whats the name of your site gonna be?

jimthesoundman
02-04-2010, 04:55 AM
I haven't decided yet. I'll probably know in a couple days once I check to see what domain names are available. For now I'm just calling it RuneTarget.
If you would like to submit a proposal, just use that and keep the title of the site on its own layer and it will be easy to change the PSD later if needed.

Thanks!

Craig`
02-04-2010, 07:53 AM
I'd help with the front-end if you want (HTML/CSS/JavaScript)

~ Craig` :)

jimmy_mac
02-04-2010, 08:09 AM
k dude im done. get excited will upload in about an hour x
e: ur gonna do HTML/php yeah? Aswell as slicing? I can do slicing if u want.

Craig`
02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Well I don't use PHP (I use RoR), but yeah sure I can do the web development.

I'd be great if you could slice as I don't have photoshop on my computer.

(I'm at school, but either just post link here or send me PM.)

jimthesoundman
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I certainly can slice up anything you can create, I have Photoshop on my computer.

For the rough draft, the only thing needed is a jpg. Once I have a jpg I'm happy with then I'll figure out how to get you your payment and you can get me the PSD

Craig`
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh wait, if I created the design of couse I could slice it up (though I tend to just create hand drawn designs, and then make them into HTML/CSS.)

I thought that you already had a template (design isn't my strong side.)

jimthesoundman
02-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Um, I clearly said in the first post that I am not good at design, so I'm looking for a designer. I'll slice up the picture and put in some content. I need it in PSD format so I can change the page title layer or anything like that if needed in the future. So, unfortunately, if you don't have Photoshop (or something equivalent) and you also aren't good at design, then I don't think you are the right person for this job. Nothing personal.

Craig`
02-04-2010, 10:50 AM
I was rather referring to that if someone posts a design, I'd make a template with HTML/CSS; but nevermind.

jimthesoundman
02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Oh, thanks for the offer, but thats no big deal, the whole site will mostly be PHP and I'll incorporate the CSS into that. All I really need is the design for the look and color scheme. I'm not very good at that.

Craig`
02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Okay then, it's just I guess I'm a "markup fag" and so I like perfection, no presentational elements, no unnessecary markup etc heh.

Before I mentioned graphics isn't my strong side, but I guess I could attempt to have a go when I get home (even if it sucks, then.. still learning experience I guess.)

L2Program
03-03-2010, 10:49 PM
This still need doing ? How much are you willing to pay ?

i luffs yeww
03-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Best proposal gets $100 or a share of the ad profits, whichever you prefer. Cash money now is always nice, but the ad profits will probably add up to much more in the long run.

jimthesoundman
03-04-2010, 12:05 AM
This still need doing ? How much are you willing to pay ?

Actually Jimmy Mac was the winner of the contest and is currently helping me develop the site, it should be up and running within a week or so.

So, thanks for asking, but it's all squared away.

JIM