PDA

View Full Version : Main is gone.

Alek000
02-08-2010, 08:44 AM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z220/quiescent_87/Untitled.jpg

Fail! Oh well, I guess now it's time to see how far I can fully auto a character.
Goodbye Alek, you have served me well :(

bigjosh0315
02-08-2010, 01:08 PM
That sucks bro.

RAM
02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Just courious about some things.......What were the levels on the account ? What programs were you using to auto ? What scripts ? How long ? Did you take breaks ? Did you use an army ?

tico2
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
:( I know the feeling. When my main got banned, I even exchanged like 6 emails with yagex :p Nothing helped...

Alek000
02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Just courious about some things.......What were the levels on the account ? What programs were you using to auto ? What scripts ? How long ? Did you take breaks ? Did you use an army ?

They were relatively low levels, my highest being 79 woodcutting. I only used Scar, I was using POMS Essence Miner mostly. I never ran ir for more than 2 hours or so at least once a day, while watching it. No I did not use an army. To tell you the truth I am kind of surprised it got banned, as soon as I saw it in a random I stopped the script and took over to finish the random then I would start the script again. No one ever really tried talking to me, unless they tried PM but I have that set to offline.

YoHoJo
02-08-2010, 10:54 PM
They were relatively low levels, my highest being 79 woodcutting. I only used Scar, I was using POMS Essence Miner mostly. I never ran ir for more than 2 hours or so at least once a day, while watching it. No I did not use an army. To tell you the truth I am kind of surprised it got banned, as soon as I saw it in a random I stopped the script and took over to finish the random then I would start the script again. No one ever really tried talking to me, unless they tried PM but I have that set to offline.

Wow, it sounds like you were very careful with the account, and that's scary that you got banned?! Seems like you did everything properly to me :/.

Alek000
02-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Wow, it sounds like you were very careful with the account, and that's scary that you got banned?! Seems like you did everything properly to me :/.

Yeah I tried to be really careful with it. The only thing I didn't do was talk, of course I never talk to people when I play legit either so I don't know.

HyperSecret
02-08-2010, 11:50 PM
It probably was because of your ban from earlier (even though it was 2 years). I would imagine jagex has a list of all people who have ever had black-marks from autoing in the past. They probably monitor those accounts more closely than other or run the data they collect against a more thorough system maybe?

Just some thoughts.

Alek000
02-09-2010, 01:03 AM
It probably was because of your ban from earlier (even though it was 2 years). I would imagine jagex has a list of all people who have ever had black-marks from autoing in the past. They probably monitor those accounts more closely than other or run the data they collect against a more thorough system maybe?

Just some thoughts.

I'm not sure, that was from me being stupid and using an auto-clicker. Of course that was before I knew about SRL and that co-ordinates are horrid.

The_Scripts
02-09-2010, 02:29 AM

Just some thoughts.

I have an account which has been temp-banned several times for macroing
when it was a lower level. I was able to go from 45 ranged to 98 ranged, and
55 mage to 98 mage without getting banned.

I believe if they actually did monitor the accounts more then the rest I would
of been banned for sure. Although I might of just gotten extremely lucky...

crimsonwind
02-09-2010, 02:40 AM

were you a member when you got banned? because my main used to have several offenses in the mute section but he was still a member. The offenses didn't show up until the end of my membership, in which i got permanently muted all of a sudden. I think Jagex allows members to break rules until they stop paying for membership.

Alek000
02-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Nope, not a member. Was for a while, but that was months ago.

Edit: Appeal was denied. I read somewhere that bans disappear after about a year, is there proof of that?

tico2
02-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Nope, not a member. Was for a while, but that was months ago.

Edit: Appeal was denied. I read somewhere that bans disappear after about a year, is there proof of that?

Permanent bans don't expire... EVER :p

RAM
02-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Permanent bans don't expire... EVER :p

Except they are granting more appeals lately....every 3-6 months I believe (3 years, still keep rejecting me)

Cigue
02-10-2010, 02:40 AM
Scary !

Diddy Kong
02-15-2010, 07:33 AM
OP kinda made me LoL.

Blumblebee
02-15-2010, 07:53 AM
its funny, I have an account I treat like shit that's high leveled, around 70-80 in quite a few skills, let untested scripts I make run free, had it clicking for 5 hours around on symbols and shit around edgeville and I have yet to be banned.

Once I even had it go for 8 hours clicking tabs in a random until I came back from school. It's weird how certain accounts get flagged and others don't.

Mr.Freddy
02-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Yea Blumblebee thats weird i had some accound which i didn't want to lose banned. I was like damn fuck Jagex made another acc got it to 78 fishing 72 mining and 68 woodcutting and it didn't got banned. (It is now banned though :( )

silor
02-17-2010, 01:16 PM
OP: one would assume jagex tracks you if you've had earlier offenses, maybe higher lvls don't get banned so easily since jagex might think they would quit RS if the high lvl got banned, then again i haven't macroed that much on my main. ;)

RAM
02-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Though a good theory...unfortunately they don't care about your levels, they always need someone to make an example from :stirthepot:

grats
02-24-2010, 01:26 PM
were you a member when you got banned? because my main used to have several offenses in the mute section but he was still a member. The offenses didn't show up until the end of my membership, in which i got permanently muted all of a sudden. I think Jagex allows members to break rules until they stop paying for membership.

Really? I am going to buy members right now then O_O

Zyt3x
02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Really? I am going to buy members right now then O_OLol, and keep paying for the rest of your life? ;)

grats
02-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Lol, and keep paying for the rest of your life? ;)

Yeah $5 isn't really anything I just paid for 6 months lol

josh81193
02-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Were you botting on other accounts? My main was banned because of that.

Alek000
02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I was botting on another account, and it was a crappy script I was testing on that one. I never used anything but the best scripts on my main.

josh81193
02-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I was botting on another account, and it was a crappy script I was testing on that one. I never used anything but the best scripts on my main.

Jagex will ban all of your accounts for botting on one..

Zyt3x
02-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Jagex will ban all of your accounts for botting on one..Never happened to me..

Dynamite
02-25-2010, 09:14 PM

Incorrect.

Alek000
02-25-2010, 09:39 PM

Definitely not, the other account is still going strong with 61 woodcutting and 48 mining(only rune essence lol)

josh81193
02-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Definitely not, the other account is still going strong with 61 woodcutting and 48 mining(only rune essence lol)

That's odd.

Incorrect.

Have anything useful to say? Maybe something to support your argument? Because it's happened to me, and I have seen it on Runescape.com before, although can't seem to find it atm. And I'm sure I didn't just make it up, so it's correct. :)

Runescapian321
02-25-2010, 10:48 PM
That's odd.

Have anything useful to say? Maybe something to support your argument? Because it's happened to me, and I have seen it on Runescape.com before, although can't seem to find it atm. And I'm sure I didn't just make it up, so it's correct. :)

Definitely not. I've had at least 40-50 accounts. I've had 5-7 banned, all of which I autoed excessively on, and no others.

grats
02-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Hell no they wont unless they missed like 400 of my accounts...

FEAR
02-27-2010, 07:13 PM

Nope they wouldn't do that. Each account is treated separately. And as far as I know, they don't do IP bans. If many of your accounts got banned at the same time its either because you used the same script or bot, which did the same stuff on all accounts etc. or you were just unlucky:sasmokin:

-=uber*1337=-
03-03-2010, 05:29 PM
You'll be alright bro.
I quit 4 years ago because my main got banned.
Now I'm back and plan on autoing hard as EVER to get back all the legit work I put into fagex.
Keep at it.
More power to you to auto.

Dynamite
03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
That's odd.

As other people have stated it is untrue, go with their facts.

Grunt
06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
wow, I can't believe you got banned while running POM's auto essence runner. I am really shocked, because it sounds like you were autoing exactly like me. 2 hours everyday, and solve all randoms by yourself...I guess the auto essence runner is not as secure as previously thought.

i luffs yeww
06-20-2010, 08:43 PM
^ Bleh. This is a grave dig but I feel like this should be said..

It's hardly ever the script's fault. It's just bad luck, tbh. I've never been banned and I auto most of the day (around 18 hours some days). I don't use breaks either. You're much more likely to get banned if you get reported.