PDA

View Full Version : [Utility] Generate Bank Value of each item and dump into a spreadsheet

Ron
04-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Hi. This is something I would have made back in the day if I had the time but... I'd love for anyone to implement it.

This is what I'm thinking. You login to your account and approach the nearest bank, there you open scar/simba and run this script which will go through your entire bank from left to right, top to bottom, and would copy the item your mouse went over and the number of that item you possess.

Within the script would be a database of all the current items in RuneScape with their Item ID which would then be used to scrape the RS Grand Exchange page (or some other 3rd party website that grabs current values of items) and then show the value of each item.

Example: Mouse goes over Santa Hat, you possess 30, scrape GE to find the current value (I'm making this up) is say $20 million, then it will calculate the value of that item which is 30 * $20 million = $600 million.

It should do that for every item and once it's finished, it should export to a .xls (proprietary microsoft excel spreadsheet) or .ods (open office spreadsheet) with the current date attached to filename and within the file.

I feel that this would be a fantastic way to keep track of your accounts value, possessions, making money in the grand exchange, and preparing your account to be sold in the black market.

Tell me what you think. :)

~Ron

Coh3n
04-01-2010, 03:51 AM
Not exactly sure if this still works, but it worked for me a while back. :)

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40290&highlight=Bank+Valuer

I don't think it does everything you want, but I'm sure it can be modified.

Ron
04-01-2010, 04:06 AM
Hey that's cool. Looks like nava2 already made it but his last post was: ill fix it tomorrow. But he didnt follow up that post.

Thanks for letting me know it exists tho, I hope someone can work on it to make it better. :)

Boreas
04-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Also add ability to save 32x32 un-altered bitmaps of items named by ID for DDTM/BlackList testing.

Nose Smasher
04-02-2010, 01:46 PM
I wonder why Jagex doesn't do this... They have the price checker and risk/death value calculator... So why not Bank Value Calculator in-game?

Boreas
04-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Yea good point. I doubt they would be concerned about technical issues, perhaps they fear it would encourage account selling.

Nose Smasher
04-02-2010, 06:00 PM
true.. I guess they figured if we really wanna know we could jus do it ourselves lol..

Coh3n
04-02-2010, 07:14 PM
But they already have the inventory price checker where people but their most valued items anyway, why not have a bank calculator?