PDA

View Full Version : Idea: RS PVP League

marpis
04-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Like a CB to RS :) Wouldn't that be nice?
It would make PVP much more interesting, since you could see the rank of your opponent, arrange duels etc. etc.
Atm RSPVP is just random fights with random people.

That'd be a quite big project, but if someone feels like giving it a try I think it might be a big success :)

EDIT: Ok, more info...
Players A and B register themself to the forums, preferably with their RS names.
Players A sees Player B's profile in the site and think that he could beat B. A challenges B.
They set a place, time, and rules for the duel. There could be several ladders for different rules.
Ladder 1: No restrictions, dangerous
Ladder 2: No summoning, dangerous
Ladder 3: No restrictions, safe
Ladder 4: No extreme potions, safe
etc.etc.
They have the duel then. When finishes, the challenger (A) reports the score to the site. B then accepts it.
However, if B thinks A didn't play fair/broke rules/lied about score, he can decline the score and report A as a scammer. B has to have evidence ofcourse, video/screenshots and such.
:)

i luffs yeww
04-10-2010, 08:25 AM
How would anyone here be able to do this? Wouldn't it be a Jagex thing?

Frement
04-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Like a CB to RS :) Wouldn't that be nice?
It would make PVP much more interesting, since you could see the rank of your opponent, arrange duels etc. etc.
Atm RSPVP is just random fights with random people.

That'd be a quite big project, but if someone feels like giving it a try I think it might be a big success :)

CB? Only thing i can think of is clanbase, since i play counter-strike myself. More info on the subject would be nice :)

Craig`
04-10-2010, 09:41 AM
This sounds like an awesome project :D
I haven't really done much Ruby on Rails lately so this would be an ideal scenario for getting some learn-by-doing experience. (Would be my server-side framework of choice.)

My only weakness is graphics, I'm not the best in that section.

So, if I could help, I'd love to!

~ Craig` :)