PDA

View Full Version : just wondering :)

x[Warrior]x3500
04-16-2010, 01:26 AM
well i was purely curious, for i have not played with python yet, but what advantages does it have over other languages? (like Java, Delphi,C++)

i luffs yeww
04-16-2010, 01:37 AM
It's sexier, simpler, and all around better. Run along, now.

x[Warrior]x3500
04-16-2010, 02:57 AM
It's sexier, simpler, and all around better. Run along, now.

lol thanks :) so like its easier to code stuff? and if it were all around better, then why do so many companies still use java/c++ for everything?

i luffs yeww
04-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Java and C++ are better for graphics and what not, I think. And Python is used for gaming physics sometimes, it's just not glamorized.

Sex
04-16-2010, 03:11 AM
Java and C++ are better for graphics and what not, I think. And Python is used for gaming physics sometimes, it's just not glamorized.
Do you even know Python?

i luffs yeww
04-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Kinda? I dunno. I just don't see why it'd be used for graphics much. :p

(I meant like.. gaming graphics.. not like.. making graphics and stuff.)

(I just made that answer up in case it wasn't clear.)

Cowie`
04-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Kinda? I dunno. I just don't see why it'd be used for graphics much. :p

(I meant like.. gaming graphics.. not like.. making graphics and stuff.)

(I just made that answer up in case it wasn't clear.)

So I heard Python-Ogre is a free and open source means to provide an interface for Python to a huge range of C++ libraries for both graphics and gaming, more specifically to the Ogre3D library if you had not guessed by the name.

As for the subject of why do people use Java and C++ more, I can't explain why they use them more each language has drawbacks but I can say Python is a worthy investment seeing how Google employ (ed?) Guido Van Rossum himself as a Python developer.