PDA

View Full Version : Auto Boot/Bot

anonymity
04-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Auto Boot/Bot
anonymity

Let's learn to make your computer bot for you!!

Hey guys, I have been doing a bit of auto computer management stuff lately and I thought I would make/share this quick and simple tutorial. Basically, this is a tutorial on how to auto start your computer and in this case auto run a specific script. (soon to be simba)

A setup like this can be used for various different reasons. An example of how/why to utilize this to keep an activity going on your computer would be as a constant backup just in case your computer shuts down, restarts, or the like. This is really good if you are botting and are afk for extended periods of time. Also, maybe you are afraid you won't be getting experience while you are away if your computer shuts down for updates or there is a power surge. There are a number of other possible applications, but I will leave that up to your creative minds to figure out and utilize.

Throughout this tutorial you should keep in mind that you can always change simple options here and there to accommodate for what it is you may be working on.

This will contain four main steps:

1. Setting proper boot options
2. Making your script
3. Creating a useable batch file
4. Modifying startup options

Now, I suggest starting with something simple to try out and just get the hang of what you are doing. I highly suggest creating a folder where you can keep the scripts and various other files at. You will need to keep these things specific for directory and call purposes (location). A simple folder called "AutoBots" located in your MyDocuments would work peachy. Alright, let’s get started.

1. Setting proper boot options

Unless you are viewing this from another computer, you can remember three things, or you just already know what you are doing, I suggest writing down this portion on paper (or just be lazy: copy/paste, and print this part).

For this part you will have to start with your computer off. When you turn it on, you need to press the command key that allows you into your Setup Menu/Screen. The default for this should be “F2”. Whatever the case, you need to press the key or combination of keys before your operating systems boots up. If you get to the logon (or welcome) screen, you were too slow or hit the wrong key and need to try again.

What we want to do is located under the “Power Management” options. I will type this out with arrows indicating the field you will go into and the setting you will need to change/set.

-> Power Management
-> AC Recovery
-> On //the system will power on after AC is restored (this is good,
//just in case you lose electricity)
-> Auto Power On
-> Everyday //turns system power on every day at the time specified
//in “Auto Power Time”
-> Auto Power Time
-> {set to what time you want} //suggested around 6:00 am
->Remote Wakeup
-> I will not be covering that in this tutorial
//There are lots of programs available for this sort of thing.
If Remote Wakeup (booting your computer up from elsewhere) is something that you really want or need, those programs and tutorials are available here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=remote+boot).

Alright, now you have set the Boot Options to better keep your system running at all times, even if you are not around.

2. Making your script

It is very simple to create a script, using basic bitmaps and if/then/else statements, which will get you onto the internet, update/cancel/ok things, and the like. Although this does work, I suggest going a little more in-depth with the script.

Now, for the purpose of this tutorial, I would advocate that you just make a simple script. This way you at least have something that happens when you compile it all later. Don't worry, you can go all out and show off your skills later. A simple script could be something like this:

[SCAR]program OptimusPrime;
begin
cleardebug;
writeln('autobots, mount up!');
end.

For this particular section, I cannot really tell you explicitly what to do. I can suggest a few scripting tutorials that should easily help you create what you might need to get whatever it is you want done. These should guide you through various areas of scripting for this part of the tutorial.

Here are a few good tutorials:

- Aser's Tutorial for basic SCAR scripting (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42632)
- Coh3n’s All-In-One SCAR Scripting Tutorial! (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49089)
- TRiLeZ Basic to Advanced Tutorial (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54050)
- Naum's tutorial on DTMs, Bitmaps and Color (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47845)
- Cazax's Detailed TPA and ATPA tutorial (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42428)
- Dusk412's TPAs For Dummies (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33111)

* These happen to be some good tutorials and are the ones I picked. If yours didn't get picked that doesn't mean you can't make a tutorial worth anything or it doesn't/couldn't apply to this; I would say 'don't feel insulted' but you can if you want, just do that on your own time.

I highly suggest making/adding a “wait(10000+random(900000));” [or something similar] somewhere in the beginning of your script if you are going to use this to bot online (like runescape). That way if you turn your computer off every night, you don’t logon everyday at the exact same time.

Something simple like this might work:
Begin
SetupSRL;
Wait(10000+random(900000));
repeat
var:= 0
repeat
Antiban;
PrepareLaunch;
CheckForInternet;
CheckForUpdates;
Launch;
DoStuff;
Wait(30000+random(120000));
PossiblyGetRSscriptGoing;
until(var = boolean);
writeln('we have completed one round');
until(const = win);
end.

Example: when I run this setup, I have it log onto a secure account (you will learn more about this later), and once the Script has been activated I.... check windows updates, make sure my anti-virus is online and up to date and happy, get onto the internet, and then commence tom foolery.

* * What I really cannot stress enough, is you need to have instances and fail-safes for all the stuff that runs on your computer or might be running/updating/scanning/servicing/archiving/ect.

3. Creating a useable batch file

To make a batch file, start by opening “notepad.” For the beginning/intermediate user, this is what you should do every time you want to create a batch file.

In that notepad document, type the following in the order represented:

@echo off
//This is the VERY last thing that you type in. Save without this and add it later.
//This command hides everything that is going on when the batch file is running later on.
choice /d y /t 20 > nul
//This command waits for “20” seconds. You can specify any amount of time you deem appropriate.
//You are really just allowing the computer to run through it’s normal startup process.
cd\
//Clears the directory all the way back to C:\>
cd\Program Files (x86)\SCAR 3.22
//Changes current directory to the SCAR install folder
//This will look different for different opperating systems (xp, vista, 32bit, 64bit, & ect)
scar.exe -open C:\Users\[the script directory]\[script name].scar -run
//This command will open and run the script from wherever you have it saved.
shutdown -r
//This will shutdown the computer in 1 minute (default) if/when the script you are running closes.
//NOTE: there is a difference between "stopping" and "closes."
exit
//Closes the batch file

All compiled, it will look like this:

@echo off
choice /d y /t 20 > nul
cd\
cd\Program Files (x86)\SCAR 3.22
scar.exe -open C:\Users\[the script directory]\[script name].scar -run
shutdown -r
exit

When you save this file, do the following:
-> Save As
-> Name: [whatyouwant].bat
// the “.bat” is important; it makes it a batch file.
-> Type: “All Files”
-> Save.

Now you have created a batch file that you will use later to make your script run automatically.

To edit a batch file you will need to right click it and select edit. Double clicking it or 'opening' it will cause it to run.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Shutdown -a
//Will stop the pending shutdown
//Just type this in a new command prompt or in “run”

4. Modifying startup options

This part of the tutorial really consists of two different parts. I will just call them “Part A” and “Part B.” In this section you will learn how to command your computer to logon to a specific account and execute specific task(s) when that account is logged on.

As you all should be well aware, before you can get to Part B you have to Part A ;) . This step can be skipped if you only have one account on your computer, it does not have a password, and/or you already have that account automatically logging on when the computer boots. Nonetheless, I this is a neat little bit of information.

Part A

Now, to do this part, you will be looking for, possibly adding, and editing a few registry lines. If you are new to this kind of thing, don't freak out; this is pretty simple and self explanitory. I would not suggest just going through and changing random values for fun just because you are bored. This has been proven to make little girls cry.

I understand that there are different opperating systems and builds for each, so the way you get to a place to edit your registry files and how you do it may be a little different.

To begin, call up your "Start Bar" and go to "run." In 'run' you will want to type in "regedit" and this will open up the default/basic registry editor. If you are using a windows 7 machine, you can just type in "regedit" to open up the basic registry editor. You should also be able to type in 'regedit' in a command prompt window to open the program.

Once the program has loaded (if you have any sort of User Account Controls you just need to allow this to run) you will follow the folder path indicated below. There will be other folders that you will need to overlook, so make sure to just open the ones that I will have specified. There should be quite a few folders, so you will have to do a little bit of scrolling.

Just to keep track, the folder path should be as follows:

-> My Computer
-> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-> Software
-> Microsoft
-> Windows NT
-> Current Version
-> Winlogon
//Select the "Winlogon" folder; you don't need its subfolders.

Now, you should see a screen very similar to the one posted belowl; don't worry, I will explain what we will be doing here. As before mentioned, I higly DO NOT suggest that you go rogue on the values and data here, unless you really know what you are doing.

I will go through the different values and data peices that you need to make sure match up. It there is a string value (the name) missing, just add it as follows:

-> Right Click
-> New
-> String Value
-> [type in name EXACTLY as it appears or is mentined]
-> Click off of it or hit enter
//you can always rename it if you accidentally mess up.

To Edit a Value:

-> Double click it
-> [change value (string or boolean)]
-> OK / Enter

or

-> Right Click it
-> Modify...
-> [change value (string or boolean)]
-> OK / Enter

Alphabetically, these are the values that you will be changing and adding:

AutoAdminLogon = 1
DefaultPassword = [your specified user account pass]
DefaultUserNAme = [your specified user name]
ForceAutoLogon = 1

Usually people have to create the "ForceAutoLogon" value, but that shouldn't be a big deal. And that is that, hopefully it was really simple and you are good to go.

I suggest collapsing all the folders that you opened in this window and selecting "My Computer" so people don't know where you were.

Keep in mind that this all has to be done on the/an admin account. Normally when I do this sort of thing and auto boot/bot, I create a new account just to do that. I leave my personal/admin account and create a new account to auto boot/bot.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/srl_anonymity/anonymity_tutorials/RegEdit2-1.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Holding the "Shift" Key will stop your computer from automatically logging onto your specified/commanded account. This allows you to log onto a different account if you want/need to.
- I have noticed that this sometimes is hard to time and can be buggy. Don't go berserk if it doesn't work the first time. Sometimes you just miss time it or don't hold shift down all the way.

Part B

This can be super complicated, however it should be by far the easiest part of the tutorial. By now you will have created all the needed to complete this tutorial.

There are many different ways to do this... most of them end up with the same result.

First - Open the "AutoBots" folder you created earlier, right click the BATCH file that you made, drag it into blank space in the same folder, and let go of the mouse. Then select 'create shortcut.'

Second - Now what you will be doing is adding that shortcut to your startup. You can do this by navigating to your start bar, all programs, startup. It is possible to double click or right click startup to open it as a folder view.

Lastly - Move the .batch shortcut that you just made to your start up folder.

As I stated earlier, there are many ways to do this. It should be possible to just drag and drop the shortcut to the startup folder, sometimes adding the complete/original file.

The path to your startup folder should look something like this :: although it may vary depending on your operating system. { C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup }

ALL DONE!!

I hope that you guys learned something from this. Take it places, do more with it. Have fun and push your computer and bot knowledge!
Concluding this segment, I would like to apply for the laziest scripter award.

.... ps: I wasn't quite sure where to put this tutorial. I hope it's in the right spot :P

Daniel
04-18-2010, 06:53 AM
There's an easier way to get users to automatically login.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/ht/autologonvista.htm

Other than that, good tutorial. Also, not many people will have Vista/7 so the "C:\Users\" path will be invalid for them.

Also, mention what type's a setting in the registry should be if you need to create it (an example would be ForceAutoLogin, the type would be "REG_SZ" with a value of 1).

And, IIRC, paths can also be relative in Windows command line scripts.

anonymity
04-18-2010, 05:27 PM

If I remember correctly, the auto logon way that you mention only works for vista and higher. I can change the autologon options in less than five minutes as it is; to someone new to regediting and has vista or Win7 this could be less daunting. It is a nice thing to know and can be useful. Yea, it wouldn't hurt to mention more on the value types in regediting (string/binary/ect). That is true; paths is paths. Hey thanks for the info and comment! It's is appreciated and I am sure people would want to take as many shortcuts as possible.

Tim0suprem0
04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Wow nice tut :) I didn't know you could do all this stuff...

Daniel
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
If I remember correctly, the auto logon way that you mention only works for vista and higher. I can change the autologon options in less than five minutes as it is; to someone new to regediting and has vista or Win7 this could be less daunting. It is a nice thing to know and can be useful. Yea, it wouldn't hurt to mention more on the value types in regediting (string/binary/ect). That is true; paths is paths. Hey thanks for the info and comment! It's is appreciated and I am sure people would want to take as many shortcuts as possible.
It's also possible with XP, just a different task to run...

anonymity
04-21-2010, 03:36 PM
I didn't know you could do all this stuff...

Yep! - doing this just improves my lazy :p - I don't have to start my computer or scripts if I don't want to.

It's also possible with XP, just a different task to run...

Alrighty, thanks for teh info! - I am entering exam weeks and I will give this a nice edit for people who wants to do this once I am out of schools.