PDA

View Full Version : some weird java thing...

Bionicle
04-19-2010, 01:21 AM
K well randomly internet explorer opens to the page 'javascript:clickRefresh()'. Obviously a cannot display page opens up. When this happens when i am on the computer, everything dissapears including my task bar, showing my background, for a good three seconds, then comes back. I am running XP SP 3 and FireFox is my default browser. I was afk from my computer for no more then 3 hours this afternoon and i came back and 22 IE windows were open. Re-downloading java didn't work at all. Ideas?

i luffs yeww
04-19-2010, 01:22 AM
This has nothing to do with Java in the slightest. :p

Bionicle
04-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Well k fine. Javascript. I just thought it may be linked because the java add-on for firefox was not working so i re-installed it. I know basic java, no javascript, don't really know the difference, but i do know there is ^.^

Craig`
04-19-2010, 01:29 AM
you don't know the difference? gah.

look, Java and JavaScript are nothing alike, nothing.

what happened is that when NetScape came out, it was made in Java, and they thought Java would dominate, they used it everywhere
...but then someone said it wont' work, it just won't work

so this being said, there had to be a new language, and thus JavaScript was born, it was initially called JavaScript to basically wind up the others who voted in keeping Java as the client side language of choice, and Sun actually took them to law about copyright naming.

the most the languages share is the syntax, but that's derived from C any way

brilliant lecture: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/111593/1710507

i luffs yeww
04-19-2010, 01:33 AM
^ Spam post.

Bionicle, it seems like you've a virus.

Bionicle
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Well i know this one program is trying to access the internet constantly that i blocked, my anti-virus quarantined a virus that i got a while back and i deleted the quarantined files. I'll run a virus scan tonight though.

E: Nope, not a virus

Frement
04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Heres a link that has solution:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/830705bd-93b8-467c-a52c-26b9c110ed00
(Fast googling not sure if it works for you :))