PDA

View Full Version : What to use

Boreas
05-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I would like to make a template that looks like www.TechManCT.com except with a navbar and being actual google readable text. (I didn't make it and I know tables of images are bad.) Other pages would include the navbar and above the services bar (with or without the services bar, not sure yet), and would have more content like detailed prices/services, about us, contact us etc. I have never used joomla before but a joomla template is an option. Or would just css be better? I really don't want to read through a whole html course just for one simple site.

Craig`
05-10-2010, 08:21 PM
you can just us an unordered list, and then display inline(-block) or float left the list items.

don't confuse joomla and css, totally different things, joomla is cms, and predefined templates (I think?), whereas css is used for styling markup

like I discussed on irc, I can't believe you payed someone for this website
the whole site is basically images, basically stabbing SEO in the heart directly.
and using tables for layout is very inefficient

Wizzup?
05-10-2010, 08:27 PM
The page doesn't look too bad...

Craig`
05-10-2010, 08:37 PM
where did I say it looked bad? I said I can't believe he payed someone to make it.
either way, I personally think it looks like someone made it in 15 minutes and that they're aged around 14, but that's just my view.

any way, I won't further talk about the markup as it's obvious that I'm the only one who feels in such a way.

(on a further note: goodbye SRL.)

Scaper
05-14-2010, 12:21 PM
I could rip that whole website if you liked? then you could change what you need from the folders?

Boreas
05-14-2010, 01:02 PM
What do you mean by rip?

Scaper
05-14-2010, 01:52 PM
take everything thats on the site put them in the appropiate folders etc then you can just change what needs to be changed and reupload them

cycrosism
05-14-2010, 02:05 PM
on a further note: goodbye SRL.)

bye

Boreas
05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
take everything thats on the site put them in the appropiate folders etc then you can just change what needs to be changed and reupload them

Ah ok, that's not necessary, I uploaded the site and have access to the html, php, png, and svg files. I'm just looking for the best way to make something that looks the same as that to a person, but with google readable text instead of text that is edited in svg, exported to png, and put in a layout with tables (without going through a whole html course or paying hundreds of dollars).

Scaper
05-14-2010, 03:48 PM
ahh so thats your site??? i see, ok well my m8 is very good with html etc ill speak with him on msn later could you pm me you email address and i will forward it to him, and that way you can speak with him and he'll do what you need

you seen this

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66353
http://www.seologic.com/faq/hidden-text.php