PDA

View Full Version : Ban.

Sir R. M8gic1an
05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Today I was banned. I suspect this is because of the rats script and someone reporting me. Oh well. Jagex caught me this time. I still mined and woodcutted my way up to 80, made quite a lot of money from it (9M just from mining) and was about to start my way to 80 magic.. I was already at 53, just from rats. I found out today I was banned when I was about to start writting my superheater.

I have to admit I had quite come to love my slave. He had gone through a lot already, possibly more than I went through myself when I played legit. Altogether.., yes, my army definitely had. But this was one of my most cherished characters. I had a mass ban at some point and lost most of my original army.. This account was the only one from my 'third' army. I wanted my name to appear somewhere high in stats, and so I made an account that was clean and which was noticeable (in name). So I had come to love this account quite a bit.

It also went through much script development. This single character was the one that went through all the scripts after my (2nd ..or third?) main died out. Meaning that this one was the new main after the slave who smelted (RM AK Smelter), and therefore went through RM Amazon Destroyer, RM Guild miner and now rats. This was indeed a well lived slave. It ended up doing a lot of stupid things, (such as trying to woodcut without an axe), and still survived.

But I have learnt. Jagex aren't as stupid as they've led me to believe. When I script now each script will be truely human. My slave will be there among those legits, and they won't even guess that my slave is there.

Maybe my slave will even become a player mod.. who knows. We'll see how the scripting goes.

Btw, RAM, I never changed the password you set ;) I found it quite creative :)

Rest in Peace, RMagician1.

~RM

mrpickle
05-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Well, if I were jagex, i would flag everybody who is using low quality everything to play for at least 2 hours straight.

But RIP RMagician, RM will make a better version of you :).

Bionicle
05-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Well, if I were jagex, i would flag everybody who is using low quality everything to play for at least 2 hours straight.

Hmm, thats me on a regular day legit tbh..
RIP RM Jr. :(

Dgby714
05-11-2010, 11:53 PM

Well my computer forces me too play low >.> its weird...

FF = Wont go into Standard or High...
Wine + FF = Does Everything WTF!!!

Wizzup?
05-11-2010, 11:54 PM

When I play RS (not so often anymore), I always play on low detail. I just like it more than high detail.

mrpickle
05-12-2010, 01:17 AM
really? I thought human players would prefer to play with higher resolution when possible...

Brain
05-12-2010, 01:22 AM
the last time I played (testing out that new thing with Ejjman) I tried out higher detail. I hated it. Had to revert back to the classic safe mode with lowest everything. Runescape is not at all about the graphics. I want something that looks good don't play RS, lol.

aran armath
05-12-2010, 01:59 AM
I play on low, always have. Think it looks more original.

Frement
05-12-2010, 04:30 AM
Always low :) Just because im too lazy to switch stuff back to normal when i auto :P

tico2
05-12-2010, 04:52 AM
To bad for your account. I know how it feels like :p

When I used play legit, I was always on highest possible detail and the largest resolution for my screen ;)

WT-Fakawi
05-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Yup. It happens. We still need more humanoidistics.

Town
05-12-2010, 07:20 PM
I had never had any banning problems until the last couple days. Either Jagex is paying extra attention, they're staking out the mining guild, or your script is getting used pretty thoroughly. Having so many characters that are generally the same, I haven't developed much of a connection toward any of them. I know that when I was scripting I had favorites, though.

Matsetst
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Im still being lucky on my main phew. Suicide a lot.

Yup. It happens. We still need more humanoidistics.

Isnt that almost impossible to code with scar ? (dont know about Simba) I mean I never have saw a script in scar which looked even a little close to humanity.

With other programs like kbotPRO its full of scripts which look pretty human. Some are even hard to tell if its a bot. Just by the looks of the script I'm talking about.

How come there's such a big differences between scar movements and other java bots.

And for some reason Scar dont get caught a lot. (And other programs do) Is it only because scar isnt overused ? (Or are there other reasons ?) If jagex employees watch the movements of a scar script its easy to tell its not a human. You can easily see patterns. Even if it takes different pixels.

In many scripts in scar I see perfect 45 degrees strokes. In that area.... maybe if scripts make more like a bow it would approve the undetectable.

Sir R. M8gic1an
05-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I had never had any banning problems until the last couple days. Either Jagex is paying extra attention, they're staking out the mining guild, or your script is getting used pretty thoroughly. Having so many characters that are generally the same, I haven't developed much of a connection toward any of them. I know that when I was scripting I had favorites, though.

Mining guild scripts in general are being over-used; I made a thread about it not too long ago, there were 4-5 autoers per world in the guild. :S :(

~RM

Zyt3x
05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Im still being lucky on my main phew. Suicide a lot.

Isnt that almost impossible to code with scar ? (dont know about Simba) I mean I never have saw a script in scar which looked even a little close to humanity.

With other programs like kbotPRO its full of scripts which look pretty human. Some are even hard to tell if its a bot. Just by the looks of the script I'm talking about.

How come there's such a big differences between scar movements and other java bots.

And for some reason Scar dont get caught a lot. (And other programs do) Is it only because scar isnt overused ? (Or are there other reasons ?) If jagex employees watch the movements of a scar script its easy to tell its not a human. You can easily see patterns. Even if it takes different pixels.

In many scripts in scar I see perfect 45 degrees strokes. In that area.... maybe if scripts make more like a bow it would approve the undetectable.This made me smirk.. You can make your scripts as human as you want them to be... >_<

mastaraymond
05-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I guess my account is flagged as it gets a Random every ~2 hours, and SRL fails to solve most of em :(

Camaro'
05-13-2010, 12:47 AM
I guess my account is flagged as it gets a Random every ~2 hours, and SRL fails to solve most of em :(

Made me laugh :)

The strange thing is, the days of xfering GP via the DStone method, I had a suicide pure essence miner. Ran for 2 weeks, ~ 20 Hours a day(RSBot). Recently, Then ran sebo and my guild miner for around like 10 hours a day (before stats / release).

This account has gone through hell and back.

Endless loop of going to the guild mine, and back to bank with a full load of coal and not banking for 4 hours(overnight) :D Eek! (before release, now its flawless)

Stayed in lumbridge for like 2 hours because RSBot script made me die, and it didn't notice, and kept performing antiban. (Private of course :))

Used for testing all my scripts
(Never Finished, never worked, spent TOO many hours on it.) Dwarve Miner and banker
Guild Miner

After all these years of hide and go ban, they have never found me.

Not banned

Advanced macro detection, my ass.

Love yours truly, ***o*n.

Tim0suprem0
05-13-2010, 05:12 PM
I feel like some people are just plain lucky. I for one, have never gotten banned for anything and I'm not really sure how or why.

But I guess it only takes one banning to snap you back into reality. Sorry for your loss RM... :( Hopefully it'll motivate you to make even better scripts!

WT-Fakawi
05-18-2010, 03:04 PM
As stated earlier, it is now my firm believe that you can get away with almost everything, as long as you are not reported.

chaoyd
05-18-2010, 03:35 PM
^I gotta agree w/ Fakawi here. I mean look at it from the business side. Doesn't really matter to you (jag3x) if you are or aren't botting, its still cash in their pockets. Only reason they ban IMO is to keep the legit players happy. I thought it was ironic right after I sold my zerk that it was banned, though it wasn't banned for botting but for acc sharing :O. That and "advanced anti-macro" would probably be in the rs.jar itself for it to be run on their servers w/o massive lag. And as far as I know none has really been found(Yet, anyway)

hackncrack1
05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
You can easily see patterns. Even if it takes different pixels.????? can u explain more or anybody else and how can u you avoid please??

ShowerThoughts
05-18-2010, 04:11 PM
He means you will still perform the same actions over and over again, human players walk like a lot different paths, and just act a lot different.

Dervish
05-18-2010, 04:32 PM
He means you will still perform the same actions over and over again, human players walk like a lot different paths, and just act a lot different.

Quite false, i'll take the essence mining example :

I always click as far down on my minimap to the right to run down to aubury
Same to bank
I always position my character next to the portal to mine...

= pattern.

Same goes for WC, RC, fishing... you usually get the habit of one pattern which you usually follow brainlessly.

I'm with WT Fakawi on this one, just do not get reported, and don't get noticed, those are the rules.

aran armath
05-18-2010, 04:52 PM

Same to bank

= pattern.

Same goes for WC, RC, fishing... you usually get the habit of one pattern which you usually follow brainlessly.

I'm with WT Fakawi on this one, just do not get reported, and don't get noticed, those are the rules.

I got to agree, we take the shortest route possible or the easiest.

nielskool
05-18-2010, 05:09 PM
the only way to improve the humanity of the bot is if it could talk and solve every random... well pretty much every random get solved so that leaves us with the talking.
i think that has to wait another 10 years before that is done:P

ShowerThoughts
05-18-2010, 05:16 PM

Same to bank

= pattern.

Yes, ofcourse... but you can react as a human and bots can't and still you are human and that's a bot.

tico2
05-18-2010, 06:16 PM
As stated earlier, it is now my firm believe that you can get away with almost everything, as long as you are not reported.

My thoughts all along. When I botted I botted a lot :) 10 hours + every day for months. I was almost never actually watching the bot do it's job. I only noticed 2 people reporting me. The first time they didn't ban me because the things the bot screwed up could be easily made by a human. The second time the bot was really making strange moves and looked extremely boty so I got busted :D

Edit: Forgot to mention. I got stuck in randoms 1 - 2 a day. I think that randoms are only there to stop bots from working not to ban players.

Dervish
05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Yes, ofcourse... but you can react as a human and bots can't and still you are human and that's a bot.

You did not mention antiban, only patterns, and I answered to that question.

the only way to improve the humanity of the bot is if it could talk and solve every random... well pretty much every random get solved so that leaves us with the talking.
i think that has to wait another 10 years before that is done:P

Wrong, pretty much all SRL randoms fail.

Beta / Alpha versions of autoresponders have already been released.

Tickyy
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't think you really need a Super`Duper Antiban like with responder and stuff, imo. You need a little bit of luck, a place that isn't over flooded and the way you use the script.

My main is about 600K left from 99 str, 94 mage, 90 range. Never abused a script, never broke a rule, my longest progress report on it was 12 hours with harry's cave fighter, i used it in that time when it wasn't abused. When you know that the script you are going to use is somehow abused, never use it, even if you still do, use it 4h~ MAX. And... I know this might sound a little bit harsh but i keep'd reporting people i've noticed (Botting(not including the same script that i was using)). Imo, it lowers your chance of bannage:duh::p that's just imo of course.

So yeahh...

aran armath
05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't think you really need a Super`Duper Antiban like with responder and stuff, imo. You need a little bit of luck, a place that isn't over flooded and the way you use the script.

My main is about 600K left from 99 str, 94 mage, 90 range. Never abused a script, never broke a rule, my longest progress report on it was 12 hours with harry's cave fighter, i used it in that time when it wasn't abused. When you know that the script you are going to use is somehow abused, never use it, even if you still do, use it 4h~ MAX. And... I know this might sound a little bit harsh but i keep'd reporting people i've noticed (Botting(not including the same script that i was using)). Imo, it lowers your chance of bannage:duh::p that's just imo of course.

So yeahh...

People often report people for not responding.

Dervish
05-19-2010, 02:41 PM
My thoughts all along. When I botted I botted a lot :) 10 hours + every day for months. I was almost never actually watching the bot do it's job. I only noticed 2 people reporting me. The first time they didn't ban me because the things the bot screwed up could be easily made by a human. The second time the bot was really making strange moves and looked extremely boty so I got busted :D

Edit: Forgot to mention. I got stuck in randoms 1 - 2 a day. I think that randoms are only there to stop bots from working not to ban players.

Got a question, what were you autoing ?

tico2
05-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Got a question, what were you autoing ?

That time I was alching. The bot was miss clicking buy 10 instead of buy X. So the result was it was writing numbers all the time :p

Other that that, I autoed 99 woodcutting, firemaking, fishing, cooking, fletching, magic and 97 mining. Damn, I was so close to 99 of my favorite skill.

Tickyy
05-19-2010, 08:24 PM
People often report people for not responding.

Well, not only that, i try also to trade the person that i think he's macroing because some ppl turn their public chat off.

aran armath
05-20-2010, 03:49 AM
Well, not only that, i try also to trade the person that i think he's macroing because some ppl turn their public chat off.

True or pm them.

Not sure where it was mentioned but somewhere, someone said that we really don't need an auto responder. From what this thread says, we can auto all we want but once we are reported we are shot. How do we stop from being reported? Talking back is one of the main things I've read lately which can lower our risk of being tagged as a bot and being reported. Even to simply respond back "hi" to another player is often enough to deter them from reporting you.

The auto responder doesn't need to be super sophisticated and be able to carry on a long conversation. Just enough to remember the players it has talked to so it doesn't keep annoying players over and over again as they appear on and off the screen. Back in my RsBot days, I remember watching a bunch of edgeville fishers talk about there levels for a half hour.... Which is a fail. But maybe one day we can walk among the players and be seen as one. We just need near human likeness in our scripts and to talk to other players, trade with them, pm them, and maybe clan chat them. Though thats well off into the future at least a few months.

Becks
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
When I play RS (not so often anymore), I always play on low detail. I just like it more than high detail.

Same. I've never played in high detail.