PDA

View Full Version : Database Access

Bad Boy JH
05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
No I don't mean Microsoft Access.
I have to do a project for school, and this is the task.
I have to design a peice of software to present to a software company (teacher). I am doing a peice of software which deals with shares (the ASX, which is the australian stock exchange). The person using it, who I will call Bob, enters any purchases/sales, the price he bought/sold them for, and the amount he bought sold. Bob then can read his overall profit and the shares he still own. Now I have designed a form too enter the sales and purchases and a "Home Page". What I need now, is a way to enter the data into a database, and a way to read it.

Would I be better to use HTML, or another way?

Zyt3x
05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Use PHP. w3school has some good new-beginner tutorials :)

Wizzup?
05-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Use PHP. w3school has some good new-beginner tutorials :)

Python is better than PHP! Although PHP is probably easier to set up on your server...

Zyt3x
05-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Python is better than PHP! Although PHP is probably easier to set up on your server...Oh, I wouldn't know that.. Never used Python :P

But yeah, PHP should do the trick... It's really easy to learn too :)

ShowerThoughts
05-24-2010, 01:57 PM
No I don't mean Microsoft Access.
I have to do a project for school, and this is the task.
I have to design a peice of software to present to a software company (teacher). I am doing a peice of software which deals with shares (the ASX, which is the australian stock exchange). The person using it, who I will call Bob, enters any purchases/sales, the price he bought/sold them for, and the amount he bought sold. Bob then can read his overall profit and the shares he still own. Now I have designed a form too enter the sales and purchases and a "Home Page". What I need now, is a way to enter the data into a database, and a way to read it.

Would I be better to use HTML, or another way?

Add me to MSN: Hermen Otter @ Live . n l
I will help you when i've got time I am 90% sure I know how to do this.