PDA

View Full Version : SOTW #17 Discussion

Rich
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
This thread is for discussion and theme suggestions only.
Post only entries in this thread. (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=717846#post717846)

Discuss!

Rich
06-15-2010, 09:04 PM
How about... not only signatures...

How does GOTW sound to you? 'Graphic of the week'

Zyt3x
06-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I like that idea!
Only problem would be if Brown entered :p

i luffs yeww
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
^ Just don't tell him. x]

MylesMadness
06-15-2010, 09:31 PM
I like that idea!
Only problem would be if Brown entered :pYeah, we would be screwed

If you haven't seen his work, http://wasnotus.deviantart.com/

anonymity
06-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Can there please be an extension on the date? - I didn't post this in the original thread because I will save that for sig post... and this said discussion.

Seriously though.. I need some weekend time to work on anything really, and 15-19 is not quite a week :). Working everyday doesn't leave a lot of time during weeknights to be creative.

mrpickle
06-15-2010, 09:47 PM
agree with more time needed

Rich
06-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Can there please be an extension on the date? - I didn't post this in the original thread because I will save that for sig post... and this said discussion.

Seriously though.. I need some weekend time to work on anything really, and 15-19 is not quite a week :). Working everyday doesn't leave a lot of time during weeknights to be creative.

I'll change it tot he 20th. If you still have any problems with that, let me know.

anonymity
06-16-2010, 07:09 AM
That should give me a bit of a chance to come up with something. =] Thanks for the tad of extra time. =]

Rich
06-16-2010, 09:40 AM
That should give me a bit of a chance to come up with something. =] Thanks for the tad of extra time. =]

No problem. How does this 'timetable' sound to you?

Start accepting entries on Tuesday
Stop accepting entries and start vote on Sunday
Vote lasts until Tuesday
Restart

Zyt3x
06-16-2010, 10:05 AM
No problem. How does this 'timetable' sound to you?

Start accepting entries on Tuesday
Stop accepting entries and start vote on Sunday
Vote lasts until Tuesday
Restart
Imo it should be like this:

Start SOTW on Monday.
Stop accepting entries on Saturday night and start voting.
(Here someone might start the new SOTW)
Vote lasts until Wednesday, and the winner is announced.

Rich
06-16-2010, 11:28 AM

Start SOTW on Monday.

I like.

anonymity
06-16-2010, 03:06 PM

Start SOTW on Monday.

I like this one the best. * Great idea Zyt3x. Are you going to be working on one?

Torrent of Flame
06-16-2010, 03:18 PM
You guys DO realise GOTW would be harder.

It is exponentially harder to fill up space on a larger piece than what it is on a signature.

Dervish
06-16-2010, 03:26 PM
You guys DO realise GOTW would be harder.

It is exponentially harder to fill up space on a larger piece than what it is on a signature.

Doesn't mean you cannot do a signature.

Rich
06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
I thought this was signatures only?

Read discussion thread "GotW" this time apparently, after my request.

Said in the entries thread. After this moment in time, there will now be GOTW instead of SOTW. I will allow all types of graphics in this weeks competition, even though the title in SOTW.

Zyt3x
06-16-2010, 06:00 PM
@DDD: How much of that wallpaper you made did you make yourself? The earth is obviously not self-made, and the sun flare is an effect in photoshop.. :P

Dervish
06-16-2010, 06:36 PM
@DDD: How much of that wallpaper you made did you make yourself? The earth is obviously not self-made, and the sun flare is an effect in photoshop.. :P

CBF doing my own planet terra tbh :/

Did you make your own O.o?

Frement
06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Maybe some extra rule that only certain renders are allowed to be used, and the thread starter gives them, if theres no renders available, you are not allowed to use any renders found on the internet.

Dervish
06-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe some extra rule that only certain renders are allowed to be used, and the thread starter gives them, if theres no renders available, you are not allowed to use any renders found on the internet.

That would require some work from the organizer.

I sorta get your message that you think I used too many renders, I used 3.

Rich
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM

I'll have to disagree. As long as the majority of the work was created by the person entering, there'll be no problem. If I think too much was pre-made, I can just reject them.

Dervish
06-16-2010, 07:08 PM
I'll have to disagree. As long as the majority of the work was created by the person entering, there'll be no problem. If I think too much was pre-made, I can just reject them.

So you check what was pre-made and not ?

Dynamite
06-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I like frement's idea.
R1ch if you don't have the time to do, send me a pm the day before start of the competition and I will find say... 5 renders?
And send them to you before comp starts?

Zyt3x
06-16-2010, 08:46 PM
No, please do not do what Frement said! It would ruin the whole competition imo :'(

And DDD; Yes I did :P

EDIT:
Very nice Runaway Cop! :) Good job!

Frement
06-16-2010, 08:48 PM
No, please do not do what Frement said! It would ruin the whole competition imo :'(

EDIT:

It makes the competition more stable.

Dervish
06-16-2010, 09:01 PM

EDIT:

Zytex : I had forgotten that you did not make an "earth" like planet, thus less detail (no mean to offense you or anything because you probably took more time on it than me, 2 hrs here).

IMO its enough if its good looking to the eye, in general people who vote are not very experienced in GFX, thus only rating on the look, style, appearance instead of the technique.

Frement
06-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Zytex : I had forgotten that you did not make an "earth" like planet, thus less detail (no mean to offense you or anything because you probably took more time on it than me, 2 hrs here).

IMO its enough if its good looking to the eye, in general people who vote are not very experienced in GFX, thus only rating on the look, style, appearance instead of the technique.

2 hours?????!??!?! I spent like 15mins max on those.

Rich
06-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Since some want the renders provided, and some do not, I think we'll compromise. How about I (or The Man) prove some renders, but they do not have to be used?

Runaway
06-16-2010, 09:45 PM
EDIT:

Why thank you! and the same to you ;)

Dervish
06-17-2010, 02:24 PM
2 hours?????!??!?! I spent like 15mins max on those.

Those... the sig and the bg ?

Frement
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Those... the sig and the bg ?

Yes. Changing the work is allowed right? Cause i didnt know it wasnt only signatures.

Rich
06-17-2010, 03:34 PM
I think that we'll just stick with the way it works at the moment to be honest. It's worked fine 17 times, so there's no need to change it. I'm talking about providing renders by the way, not changing to GOTW. The change to GOTW is still going ahead.

Zyt3x
06-17-2010, 03:52 PM
(no mean to offense you or anything because you probably took more time on it than me, 2 hrs here).Wtf O_o
I used a tad more time on this one than the others because of the time it takes to make a planet, but I usually use about a ~20 minutes on them :P

Rich
06-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Voting now open here. (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57494)

anonymity
06-22-2010, 11:50 PM
So, people. VOTE! It is too close! I want to know who wins!! - what do we do if there is a tie or more?