PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to attempt to change the world this summer

sylvawarrior
06-23-2010, 03:19 AM
When i was in 6th grade my science teacher was teching us how electric generators work. She drew a simple diagram on the board. The diagram on the board was at the exact same height as the poster of the earth on the wall. Thats when the idea struck me. Ever since i have been researching. It has been almost 5 years now, and i think im ready to give to a go, partially because in order to do more research i need more funds but also because i have stacks and stacks of revised efficiency formulas and diagrams and research that i just need to condense it into a "sales pitch" of sorts.

I am fairly certain that i have figured out a power source that can create a truly incredible amount of power, it requires no fuel, and has no bi-products. NONE. The power source is estimated to be available at its current usefullness for 6.4 million years. (Estimate made by a team of actual scientists, not me ^_^)

This summer i would like to write a condensed form of my idea and submit it to get funds from some of the "green energy projects" foundations.

I will be happy to pm you the basics of my idea, you just need to promise not to steal it :P I'm rather protective.
On That note, i will be moving in with my father who works for microsoft in about a week and will be living in the washington dc area for the next two years. If anyone would like to help me with my idea and lives in this area, please let me know :)

The Claw
06-23-2010, 08:55 AM
So you're in year 11? There's a LOT of physics you don't know, unless you managed to do the equivalent of a uni-degree of learning in your 5 years of research. I'd like to hear your idea, but theres been countless scientists looking for something like this for years...so don't get your hopes up, lol. I also wouldn't submit it to any foundations, I'd go to your local university's physics department and ask a few questions...although even they might steal it, if it actually works.

Sir R. M8gic1an
06-23-2010, 09:00 AM
I am by no means a scientist nor would I have the funds to help you, but if you don't mind PMing me your idea I would be more than happy to read about it :) (me = very curious person)

~RM

sylvawarrior
06-23-2010, 12:33 PM
So you're in year 11? There's a LOT of physics you don't know, unless you managed to do the equivalent of a uni-degree of learning in your 5 years of research. I'd like to hear your idea, but theres been countless scientists looking for something like this for years...so don't get your hopes up, lol. I also wouldn't submit it to any foundations, I'd go to your local university's physics department and ask a few questions...although even they might steal it, if it actually works.

Well, i have done a lot of research, but probably not a uni degrees worth ^_^
However, i already have gone to my local college. Western Carolina University. A fairly good school with good recommendations for it being one of the best schools for aspiring teachers to go to. I did talk to several professors and they did clear up a lot of confusion. One even let me drop in on his class for a week a couple of months later so i could learn a concept.
From what i learned, this idea has great potential but still has a few blank spots i need to fill in. But thankyou so much for the suggestion! :)

JPHamlett
06-23-2010, 06:07 PM
PM the desien im very curious

and send it to pepsi they give money to people for idea to change the world

Sir R. M8gic1an
06-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Good luck with this project :) I really liked the idea. Perhaps spreading it to far and wide is not very wise, so I'd be careful with that ;)

~RM

Brain
06-23-2010, 06:24 PM
good luck and godspeed.
the idea is fairly simple, but it will be very complex to accomplish and to make is successful.

Heysus
06-23-2010, 06:39 PM
If you don't mind I'd like to hear your idea :)

sylvawarrior
06-23-2010, 06:51 PM
J_Pizzle, Pepsi refresh is one of the most insecure sites on the web for ideas. The kid on the commercial who made the green shields for school buses? I have a friend who happened to know him. She got him to call me to talk about pepsi refresh a bit. Turns out, several companies have already stolen his idea and marketed it. He's pissed as ****. Id much rather make my pitch to foundation that doesnt require you to post the idea to be voted upon by millions of viewers O.O

Rasta Magician, so far you few people are the only people who know about it other than my father and grandfather (who have funded me his far). I trust this community not to steal, registration is closed, and all particiapating members are fairly intelligent with morals. :P

Brain, I know it will not be easy. Thats why im starting now :)

Tim0suprem0
06-23-2010, 06:54 PM
I'd like to hear it as well :) If you don't mind of course.

sylvawarrior
06-23-2010, 07:09 PM
If any of you have ANY questions at all please ask! It will help me make sure I didn't overlook something :)

Hugolord
06-23-2010, 07:13 PM
I'd like to know your idea as well, promise not to "leak" it, but I'm very curious :)

i luffs yeww
06-23-2010, 07:28 PM
PM pl0x. :)

kevinconklin
06-23-2010, 08:17 PM
can you pm me the idea, if its ok with you, i wont tell a soul.

Niki
06-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I just want to wish you good luck! Hope it works! :D

sylvawarrior
06-23-2010, 08:40 PM

3Garrett3
06-24-2010, 02:39 AM
Mmmm the curiosity, it burrrns.

Would I be able to hear this idea? I wasn't interested in bugging you about it the first time, but after RM and Brain said it was interesting, I require the knowledge.

Najorin
06-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Could you possible PM me your idea? :D

3Garrett3
06-24-2010, 03:13 AM
Wow, it is a really sick idea. Sick in a good way.

I understand the simple/complex things that the other people mentioned. Simple idea, complex design.

sylvawarrior
06-24-2010, 03:28 AM
Wow, it is a really sick idea. Sick in a good way.

I understand the simple/complex things that the other people mentioned. Simple idea, complex design.

Haha. Tim0Supreme0 and i have been having a physics conversation about it for a while now and so far we have two laws that allow us to prove that utilizing this power will not slow down the roatation of the earth, it may actually speed it up.

Tim0Supreme0 pitched some challenging questions. Anyone have any theyd like to ask?

TRiLeZ
06-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Could you PM me your idea? Thanks.

Tim0suprem0
06-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Haha. Tim0Supreme0 and i have been having a physics conversation about it for a while now and so far we have two laws that allow us to prove that utilizing this power will not slow down the roatation of the earth, it may actually speed it up.

Tim0Supreme0 pitched some challenging questions. Anyone have any theyd like to ask?

Yeah guys am I right on this? If the Earth is rotating and you rotate something on the pole in the opposite direction, momentum would be conserved and the Earth would speed up right? Like the teacups at Disneyland :p

i luffs yeww
06-24-2010, 07:25 AM
@Tim

http://goo.gl/9DyL

Dynamite
06-24-2010, 08:44 AM
I would love to hear this idea.
I am not the greatest scientist but one very curious guy.

Cheers

Dgby714
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
I'd also like too hear the idea =)

sylvawarrior
06-24-2010, 01:41 PM
@Tim

http://goo.gl/9DyL

Alright, but due to the law of conservation of energy, since the earth is already spinning and expelling energy, i will not be slowing its spin by robbing it of its energy. I will only be switching the energy's form to something useful. Right?

Sabzi
06-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Now, I am interested too.
And I am from a science class if that matters. Actually not any more, just finished secondary school an hour ago :p.

Zyt3x
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Oh wow, I am so curios right now! If you could, please PM me the idea, I swear I wont steal it or tell anyone about it!

Main
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
I'd like to hear about it too. I took ap physics C and I work as a physics tutor.

Main
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Alright, but due to the law of conservation of energy, since the earth is already spinning and expelling energy, i will not be slowing its spin by robbing it of its energy. I will only be switching the energy's form to something useful. Right?

Angular momentum doesn't work that way, he needs to be with the earth to steal it's energy. That means he need to lets say jump out into space, strike some thing and come back down.

sylvawarrior
06-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Angular momentum doesn't work that way, he needs to be with the earth to steal it's energy. That means he need to lets say jump out into space, strike some thing and come back down.

I'm not as familiar with angular momentum as i wish i was. But my theory involving conservation of energy holds water right?
I'll be researching angular momentum more.
Once again, i really appreciate you guys lookin for problems wih my idea. Ive worked on it for 5 years, but one man can only do so much.

Runaway
06-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Could you possibly PM me?

I wasn't going to ask originally but everyone's reactions to your theory makes me more curious :P

Frement
06-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Why not just post it here as everyone is interested in it anyway?

sylvawarrior
06-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Why not just post it here as everyone is interested in it anyway?

Pm's are not logged by google spiders. These threads are(unless im mistaken). Id prefer not having the chance of my idea making it on google where it would turn up on a search. :P

Edit: its already on google.
www.google.com/m?client=ms-opera-mini&channel=new&q=site%3Avillavu.com+im+going+to+change+the+world+ this+summer

Frement
06-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Pm's are not logged by google spiders. These threads are(unless im mistaken). Id prefer not having the chance of my idea making it on google where it would turn up on a search. :P

Well, in that case, mind PM'ing to me too? And yeah I think these threads are indexed.

tico2
06-24-2010, 08:04 PM
After reading the entire thread I also need to ask you if you could PM the idea, if you would be so kind of course :)

lordsaturn
06-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Delete the thread? Then it would only reside in the google cache.

sylvawarrior
06-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Delete the thread? Then it would only reside in the google cache.

Deleting it would defeat the purpose of making it in the first place. I made this thread to discuss problems with my idea and dicuss physics and science. I'm just using pm's to hide part of it from googles spiders.

Zyt3x
06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
I didn't fully understand the idea... but I assume you have given it a lot of though, and though about if it works or not, so all I can say is good luck! :)
If this works then you'll probably become famous or something :p

Frement
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Always remember to promote SRL! :) Anyway, I read the idea, and I must say I could have never come up with that. Sounded like theres still alot of work, but I truly hope you have fun with it.

ShowerThoughts
06-24-2010, 10:33 PM
I am actually very interested in this ideas, the curiosity really burns!
Pm me please, I am very very grateful ;).

sylvawarrior
06-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys :)

i luffs yeww
06-24-2010, 11:10 PM
:< Still wanna see.

And that picture is from xkcd, to whoever is trying to prove me wrong or anything. I was merely posting that because it was related to what Tim said. :)

Mr. Doctor
06-25-2010, 12:26 AM
If you don't mind. Send me a pm, too.

EvilChicken!
06-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Hm, reading this thread (+ skimming over the dozens of "PM me!"-requests) made me curious too..
May I?

Najorin
06-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Still curious! Would love to see your idea!

Sabzi
06-25-2010, 09:51 AM
These threads are(unless im mistaken).
You are right. Just look here: http://villavu.com/forum/online.php
It's always funny to see what they are "reading" :redface:.

The idea is definitely nice. Thanks for sharing.

Daniel
06-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Likewise, could you please PM me as-well?

Judging by what people have said, you tend to rotate something at high speeds to generate a form of kinetic energy?

Rich
06-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Hey, I'd love to know your big idea!

I won't tell anyone :)

Dynamite
06-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Although I don't know the advanced logistics of your idea, it sounds very clever and I wish you and your idea the best of luck :)

Dan Cardin
06-27-2010, 01:09 AM
I'd like the chance to tell you that your theory won't work if you don't mind :)

3Garrett3
06-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I'd like the chance to tell you that your theory won't work if you don't mind :)

Come on, negative Nancy.

It's a great idea. Not all of the physics are worked out. Also, like lots of things in life, we wont actually know 100% how it works until we try it.

Dan Cardin
06-27-2010, 04:10 PM
not being negative :). im predicting that my usual skepticism for things will come up here. I have no idea.

shadohead
06-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Can you please tell me? I'm very curious on how you have the answer to all our energy problems ^.^

ReadySteadyGo
06-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Please can you PM me it? :P

P1nky
06-28-2010, 10:57 AM
please pm <3

mrpickle
06-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Hmm, I think your idea, whatever it is, is better than my suggestion in physics class.

Feed fishies alot of iron (pretending they will live:P). and have them live in a magnetic river (man made). They swim up and down river for food / mating / whatever. When they swim, it = electrical power!

- energy conversion is inefficient, but due to its nature, pretty much inexhaustible.
- mutant fishies? green activists might have some problems.
- kinda big.

lol.

Good luck mate, I wish your project well =D. and Go change the world.

Mopman
06-28-2010, 06:45 PM
I am curious. I think you're barking up the wrong tree, from what I gleaned from the thread, but man do you know how to pique peoples curiosity. ;)

3Garrett3
06-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I am curious. I think you're barking up the wrong tree, from what I gleaned from the thread, but man do you know how to pique peoples curiosity. ;)

Hahah 1 post here, I would not tell you what my idea is if it were mine.

You need the trust before you can learn a secret.

Mopman
06-28-2010, 11:07 PM
EDIT: Oh great, so many newfags here I don't get my unearned respect :(

Griff
06-29-2010, 12:17 AM

SRL. Supportive in Real Life

sylvawarrior
06-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Sorry guys. Its been a while, i moved to washington dc and had no internet. But now im on a 7mb/s connection :P
Anyways, ill be sending out those pm's. And as for doubying my idea, feel free to doubt :)
And you must understand, i have no way of proving it works until i go out and prove it :)

weequ
06-29-2010, 05:04 AM
I would like to hear it, Please :)

Dan Cardin
06-29-2010, 01:24 PM
I was joking :(. Pm would still be appreciated.

3Garrett3
06-30-2010, 02:48 AM
EDIT: Oh great, so many newfags here I don't get my unearned respect :(

Newfags? You haven't done shit but try to steal an idea :)

Dan Cardin
06-30-2010, 02:57 AM
What about friction?

3Garrett3
06-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Polar wandering?

sylvawarrior
06-30-2010, 03:35 AM
Friction can be reduced massively. The coil will be negatively charged(electrons) and the northern pole is negatively charged(electrons) thus they repel putting the rig in a zero gravity type enviroment. As for polar wandering...**** me. That's one I've yet to figure out XD

anonymity
06-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Please PM me about. I am curious about this.

Xanith
06-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Hmm, I'd like to see what you have going here.
If you wouldn't mind, PM me your idea.

ReadySteadyGo
06-30-2010, 05:47 AM
I think the idea of a track along the equator, then using the moon as an anchor is more feasible if i'm honest. They're already building a space elevator. It's been proved that it will work with models and it's a lot simpler.

Ogre
06-30-2010, 06:49 AM
PM me the idea please? :)

Mopman
06-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Newfags? You haven't done shit but try to steal an idea :)

That and be around the scene since you were 8, sure.

But my post was tongue in cheek. Like I said, I didn't ask for his idea.

Zyt3x
06-30-2010, 09:57 AM
That and be around the scene since you were 8, sure.

But my post was tongue in cheek. Like I said, I didn't ask for his idea. You've been here < than a year...

3Garrett3
06-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Friction can be reduced massively. The coil will be negatively charged(electrons) and the northern pole is negatively charged(electrons) thus they repel putting the rig in a zero gravity type enviroment. As for polar wandering...**** me. That's one I've yet to figure out XD

The rig would only be 0g if the force from the pole was equaled by the force from the coil, it would be extremely unstable based on the varying forces from the pole, it's not a steady number (from what I understand)

Also, I don't know the rate of polar wandering, but the idea that you use for 0g would only work if it was directly center, so that the forces were not exerting horizontal force.

The thing is that we can't really ever understand magnets. There is no environment where there is no magnetic field so that we can study the effect of one single magnet. There are too many variables with magnets to get effective data, and as such, a lot of your work will be guess and/or check, which will lead to many economic downturns. But yes, if it works, it could effectively produce a large energy source.

Dan Cardin
06-30-2010, 04:46 PM
but could it really? its like any electricity generator as far as i can see. There is a maximum output that you can do and who is to say that it will equal or even surpass that of what's needed to power your rig?

crimsonwind
06-30-2010, 06:00 PM
hey i got an idea! lets dig a hole into the earth's mantle and put a water pipe into it so the heat will change the water into steam. then the steam will drive turbines to create electricity! and the earth's mantle will not cool because convection currents within the crust will constantly bring hot magma up and cool magma down. also this wont cool the earth's core down immediately because beneath the earth's crust is radioactive material consistently producing heat.

but my best idea is lets detonate nuclear warheads to cook chicken!:drool:

sylvawarrior
06-30-2010, 06:09 PM
but could it really? its like any electricity generator as far as i can see. There is a maximum output that you can do and who is to say that it will equal or even surpass that of what's needed to power your rig?

There is a maximum limit. Use the formula for kinetic energy to find the max output. Even if I can only harness 1% of that energy, thats still a crap load of electricity.

i luffs yeww
06-30-2010, 07:47 PM
hey i got an idea! lets dig a hole into the earth's mantle and put a water pipe into it so the heat will change the water into steam. then the steam will drive turbines to create electricity! and the earth's mantle will not cool because convection currents within the crust will constantly bring hot magma up and cool magma down. also this wont cool the earth's core down immediately because beneath the earth's crust is radioactive material consistently producing heat.

That's not an original idea.. :p

Dan Cardin
06-30-2010, 08:51 PM
is it though? generators today afaik spin really really fast yet because we're talking about only one generator, you're just as limited. Plus, its not instant start up here as it would be in a regular generator.

sylvawarrior
06-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Why is it limited by being only one generator?

Dan Cardin
06-30-2010, 09:54 PM
because its only one generator. It can only go so fast and get so much energy. How fast do you expect this thing to be spinning, and then how much electricity for it to generate?

sylvawarrior
06-30-2010, 10:06 PM
There is actually no limit to how fast it can spin. It increases exponentially. Plus, the bigger the coil, the faster the speed of the circumferece of the coil goes(Please note, the inside of a coil and outside actually move at different speeds). The bigger the outer circumferennce, the more rpm's you can crank out of the shaft that is driving the generator. Ugh, this is really hard to explain without my papers. I'll try to make a diagram soon...

Dan Cardin
06-30-2010, 10:41 PM
It cannot exponentially spin faster, there is a limit. The bigger the coil, the bigger the energy needed to power your rig.

Sandstorm
06-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Well, you've caught the interest of yet another person. Would you mind pm'ing me it?

~The Otter

Sabzi
06-30-2010, 10:58 PM
With that thinking(it will be just faster) there would be no energy problems. You know "our" generators already spin in air without touching anything at "crazy" speed.

So I am agreeing with Dan as there is a limit.

anonymity
07-03-2010, 03:16 PM
* Can you please send me a pm of your infos? I would enjoy reading your idea. No, I won't steals it. :)

Wizzy
07-03-2010, 04:13 PM
This sounds very interesting I like all the sciences and would like to hear your idea.

Pm me please?

Cigue
07-03-2010, 04:48 PM
If it wasn't posted already : thorium nuclear power.

/thread

Dan Cardin
07-03-2010, 07:58 PM
If it wasn't posted already : thorium nuclear power.

/thread
i don't know why it hasn't already caught on. I mean really. afaik its not even that hard to convert current nuclear reactors to thorium

i luffs yeww
07-03-2010, 08:00 PM
BECAUSE IT'S COMMUNIST! Somehow.

I'm serious, I know a few people who think that nuclear power is communist.

bugger0001
07-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Hmm...I wonder what that idea would be? A huge gyroscope working the other way round? PM pleazah :p

Daniel
07-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Hahah 1 post here, I would not tell you what my idea is if it were mine.

You need the trust before you can learn a secret.

Dude! Don't you know who teh Mopman is..? :p

Ogre
07-05-2010, 04:07 AM
You never PM'd me. :(

sylvawarrior
07-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I'll get pm's out as soon as possible. I've been staying at a bunch of different places in the past week and incidentally, I have been accused of insurance fraud somehow. So I've literally leaving in 5 minutes to go get it sorted out at the DMV IN ANOTHER FREAKING STATE! Anyways, yeah. 20 hours drive to the nearest DMV in that state to sort it out. Wish me the best of luck =/

3Garrett3
07-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Dude! Don't you know who teh Mopman is..? :p

Uh no. My bad I'd imagine. Is he made of a mop?

Cheesehunk
07-05-2010, 11:38 PM
You've been here < than a year...

He's talking about the cheating scene in general. Mopman has been around since Kaitniek's days and possibly longer if I remember correctly.

R0b0t1
07-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Wait, wait, if you are "using" the spin of the earth, you will be taking momentum from it.

On a semi-related note, there was this story about the invention of a "heat pump" that became as ubiquitous as a combustion engine. Long story short, people froze the earth by taking absolutely all heat out of the environment.

Cstrike
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
If you have any questions about university, I'm in one doing Science (but Biology), and I've taken first year physics (I and II), but I took first year about 3 years ago.. :/

I can answer as much as I can, I won't be a help towards extreme physics but you never know.

Also, physics profs would love to steal your idea if its good for their research because it will get them more funding money and TENURESHIP so be VERY CAREFUL!! Even tenured profs might steal a potentially great idea.

Cigue
07-13-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm going to med school. :)

R0b0t1
07-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Then PM me the idea, 'cause unless you found a way to disprove conservation of energy it doesn't sound like you're getting anywhere.

jimmy_mac
07-15-2010, 01:37 AM
Wait, wait, if you are "using" the spin of the earth, you will be taking momentum from it.

On a semi-related note, there was this story about the invention of a "heat pump" that became as ubiquitous as a combustion engine. Long story short, people froze the earth by taking absolutely all heat out of the environment.

Solution to global warming?

Smartzkid
07-15-2010, 03:25 AM
TLDR, but I read the first page. I'm quite intrigued, could you PM me the idea?

hackncrack1
07-15-2010, 04:40 AM
please, i'd like to hear it if u dont mind

Ultra
07-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Please PM me, from what I've read so far this isn't child's play but in fact very interesting complex science. I would be very happy if I could know more about your idea.

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

By the way, you should film some of the things you are doing to achieve your goal, eg. your research. Also create logs on what happend during a certain day. This way, if your plan ever works out you could maybe release a documentary about yourself and how you "saved" the Earth. And maybe then someday we will be able to watch it :)

sylvawarrior
07-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Seeing as how I have grown tired of sending all these pm's. I'm just going to wait. I have submitted my idea to an agency, I will update this thread when I get the good/bad news :)

anonymity
07-27-2010, 06:17 PM
^ ahhww, I guess I will have to wait to find out what you idea is.

Congrats man! I hope it goes well, and I look forward to hearing about the news. Keep us posted.

Brain
08-06-2010, 05:07 AM
bump.

Just saw your idea on futurama....LOL
Cept she wanted to increase the magnetic field with some wires.

Xtensity
08-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Hm, I was reading through this and saw a few errors.

As with magnetism. Even if you maintained the electrons in the poles for the magnetism, it would NOT be infinite. Gauge boson's, the elementary particles responsible for the fundamental forces of nature are to small to observe with common atomic microscopes, but as with anything, they are not infinite, neither is their energy. (unless you could create a magnetic field and bridge some type of wormhole into Time-Space where energy and space in general IS infinite, but that's unlikely as modern scientist lack a method for doing that :P)

I suppose based off what you said about magnetism, this could work efficiently, but not infinitely free. But I only know a bit about quantum physics and elementary particles like leptons, quarks and guage bosons, those which are the building blocks of atoms, protons, and neutrons.

Though I am no expert on electrical engineering, I too would like to read about the concept of your idea, curious :P.

Ultra
08-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Ya dude, your idea got leaked into Futurama somehow o.O, now you might have problems saying it was YOUR idea in the first place. By the way, you never PM'ed me :(.

i luffs yeww
08-07-2010, 03:40 AM
I don't think Futurama got it from him.. :p

Xtensity
08-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Ya dude, your idea got leaked into Futurama somehow o.O, now you might have problems saying it was YOUR idea in the first place. By the way, you never PM'ed me :(.

Can you link me that episode :P?

It's very possible by coincidence they both came up with the same one, I doubt futurama makers are on these forums.

Either way.... if it is an important scientific discovery that will change the world, he will still be noted in history, as long as he has the proof that he had the idea... and even if he isn't recorded in history, does that matter? People these days are to obsessed with Ego, and being remembered. To most people, if you're not remembered, you were nothing. But in reality, the only thing that matters if your view of yourself.

Regardless, I still am very curious of the idea :P.

Brain
08-07-2010, 03:45 AM
http://www.monstersoftelevision.com/?p=3303 review of the episode...dunno where, or care, to find it online.
Saw it on comedy central.

Xtensity
08-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Who knows.... that futurama episode DID just come out within the past week.

I'm about to watch it and see, though I dont know what his original plan was :P

i luffs yeww
08-07-2010, 06:25 AM
They made it awhile ago. Everything you see on TV that isn't live is old.

Xtensity
08-07-2010, 08:32 PM
They made it awhile ago. Everything you see on TV that isn't live is old.

only by like 6 months tops

anonymity
08-07-2010, 10:22 PM
but still. snipped.

sylvawarrior
08-09-2010, 04:34 AM
bump.

Just saw your idea on futurama....LOL
Cept she wanted to increase the magnetic field with some wires.

WTF?!? >:(

Anyways, my idea has been passed on to a larger company. They needed funds to do further research so I had to call up my step brother who works for an investment agency. He said he'd find me someone to pay for the funding. So thats pretty much it so far...

I'm gonna just go ahead and try to accomplish two dreams in one summer: I've always wanted to invent something that becomes a common household object.

Do you ever use a public toilet, lay down the toilet paper on the seat, go to sit down, and then your toilet paper gets blown into the bowl? Well despair no longer! Because I'm gonna try to build a prototype of a small flashlight shaped object that produces a static electric field. Simply Let the device charge up for a few seconds and touch it to the seat of the toilet, thus causing your toilet paper to stick tot he seat and not blow in!
I know you're probably laughing at this idea, but you know that if I actually got this invented, millions would buy it :duh:

Hahahaha. Thanks for the support guys.

Brain
08-09-2010, 04:38 AM
haha...wow. Could I use it as a stun gun? I might buy it then. And no, I don't put toilet paper down on the seat, I just pee on it before I sit.

anonymity
08-09-2010, 06:45 AM
It sounds like it could be a useful idea. I personally wouldn't use it, but I know a few people that could and would certainly use it. At most, I take a few squares and pad down the puddles or skid marks. Other than that, I aim for the bowl, and unless I decide to purposefully ride my stick shift, dice, and exhaust hole along the seat I am not too worried about it.

3Garrett3
08-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Don't they just have toilet seat covers that are meant to cover the entire seat? Those seem pretty much better..

anonymity
08-09-2010, 07:37 PM
They have those, but they don't really do anything for the content. They are a thin surface-only cover meant to be flushed down the toilet that often fall into the toilet before one gets to sit on them.

Smartzkid
08-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Would be a fun device to hack. I'd buy one!

Camaro'
08-14-2010, 04:12 AM
Please PM the idea? Or if someone else who got a PM wouldn't mind just forwarding it to me?

CX gamer
08-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Really interested, downed that futurama episode you linked. About evolution vs creation. But what part included part of sylvawarrior's idea?

i luffs yeww
08-18-2010, 04:27 PM
The cats make a generator which ends up turning the earth in the wrong direction and eventually completely stops the earth's rotation. They do this to power their own planet, as they tried this on their planet and only some of the cats could get to Earth before the planet completely stopped rotating.