PDA

View Full Version : Jagex change your agreement?

native77
02-07-2007, 09:38 AM
I started playing runescape right when it first came out - so that means that I agreed to follow the rules that they set up, way back then. I have never had to make any new agreements since. I am wondering if anyone possibly has a copy of the user agreement from like 5 years ago and if anything has changed - it sure seems like they must change and tweak our agreements - I don't know if the original agrrement had anything in there about macroing - it would be cool to say to jagex that i never agreed to not macroing so you can't ban me!

Just a thought that came to my mind when creating new accounts, anyone know about this?

Freddy1990
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Technically i guess you're right, but i'm sure they'll come up with some crappy reason to ban you anyway if you do macro...

native77
02-07-2007, 10:14 AM
lol reason is i recently got a 7day ban
maybe if i continue in college, go to law school, and become a lawyer i can sue the flagebas out of jagex WOOOOO YAAAAAY! - its a long shot. :D
problem is I have no proof of when I started playing :[

Hobbit
02-08-2007, 01:58 AM
lol....i sure u could supina the jagex user records lol....anyway...one of the agreements is they can ban you whenever they want for anything so...they'll prolly bring that into the mix

native77
02-08-2007, 02:13 AM
even if you are buying thier service - I mean you are paying money for the game if you are a member - seems like you should be able to have some rights - then again I wish i had a copy of the original runescape agreement, they might not have had that "we can ban you at anytime/any reason" garbage in there.

Hobbit
02-08-2007, 02:15 AM
even if you are buying thier service - I mean you are paying money for the game if you are a member - seems like you should be able to have some rights - then again I wish i had a copy of the original runescape agreement, they might not have had that "we can ban you at anytime/any reason" garbage in there.

true and members do have rights...we can vote in extremly gay and retarted meaningless polls ;) and thats about it LOL...plus we get a little more grace when it comes to banning

therealjdb
02-08-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm almost certain that they stated somewhere that the TOS is subject to change at anytime without notice. That means they can pretty much do whatever they want and not only do they not have to tell you, you still agreed to it.

pwnaz0r
02-09-2007, 12:18 AM
" We reserve the right to change these rules at anytime, any shape, and anyform " theres youre problem

native77
02-09-2007, 07:07 AM
But what I mean is exactly this, Did they have that part included in the original agreement? If not they can't just add it in later and say it applies to old agreements....but know one knows

Mithril Fish
02-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Yes, they have also always have had the part saying we can do what why want for whatever reason.