PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of learning java for rsbot...

ffcfoo
07-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Well my friend uses rsbot for almost anything so I checked it out and it was awesome! Also I heard java wasn't very hard of a scripting language, so I was thinking of maybe leaving srl for rsbot but I am really not sure yet. I just think rsbot has way awesome feautures and less problems than scar, simba, srl. This is opinion so don't flame me :p. So I was wondering, do you think RSBot is a good for botting? Also do you disagree about me saying RSBot is better than Simba, Scar, and srl.

Wanted
07-14-2010, 05:13 AM
All your characters will get banned.
If you're looking for power than just use reflection.

noidea
07-14-2010, 05:14 AM
You should really learn the language, then apply it to the bot ;)

If you just learn java from tutorials at RSBot, your knowledge will be very limited.

ffcfoo
07-14-2010, 05:17 AM
All your characters will get banned.
If you're looking for power than just use reflection.

I don't really be leave that. There are randoms and all kinds of shit in rsbot. My friend runs it more than 9 hours a day and I said he was crazy but he hasn't been banned yet! Also I haven't been banned yet. Really I think RSBot is very smart. Also what would it get banned by? The script sucking? xD

sylvawarrior
07-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Nahhh. It gets banned because it injects the client. Also, it's random solvers are far from perfect. Stick with scar/simba

Neehosoft
07-14-2010, 06:04 AM
It's easy to get banned with it. It is a good bot(open source), with a crappy community, and its easy to get banned. Its not that the bot sucks, it uses client injection / BCEL and jagex COULD detect that. Considering rsbot is still alive it does not look like anyone at jagex has done anything about it.

Method
07-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Also I heard java wasn't very hard of a scripting language, so I was thinking of maybe leaving srl for rsbot but I am really not sure yet.

Java isn't a scripting language. :(

TRiLeZ
07-14-2010, 07:06 AM
Also what would it get banned by? The script sucking? xD

Well, when some scripts keep clicking in 1 spot for hours... this one woodcutter that I'd used always ended up clicking in 1 spot. Thanks to RSBot's crappy scripting engine, it's so easy for these things to happen in crap scripts.

marpis
07-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Writing scripts for RSBot is such a piece of cake. On day 1 I knew nothing of Java. On day 7 I had a fully working Mort Myre fungus picker that regained prayer at POH.

ffcfoo
07-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Well why aren't people getting banned from this if it injects? I mean my friend hasn't got banned and he has been using it for a while and other people use it and they don't get banned?

Shuttleu
07-14-2010, 01:49 PM
it has a crappy comunity (esspecially when compared to srl) and as it has been said before, it injects the client which could easily be detected

believe me, if you want to stay safe, then stick with srl

also as i found out, if you try to learn from them then they always say "learn java first" whereas here we try to teach people who have never scripted before in their life

~shut

Runescapian321
07-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Con's...

Community is crap, don't expect anything from them. I don't recommend you release your scripts either, it'll be way more of a headache than it's worth.
You're not going to learn much. The amount of Java you need to know for RSBot is extremely limited, and the community doesn't encourage learning like SRL does.

Pro's...

[Much] easier to make flawless scripts
Last time I was there (months ago), randoms were practically flawless (except for 1-3 randoms, perhaps only one of which consistently failed, the others were 50/50) -- more flawlessness

No, the fact that RSBot injects will not get you banned on its own. People have said it's possible for Jagex to detect it, but even if that's true, they clearly don't, otherwise thousands of RSBotters wouldn't be going strong day after day. What causes the extra bans, in my opinion, is the flawlessness of the scripts. For example, your friend was so caught up in RSBot that he loves autoing 9 hours a day - that'll bring a ban sooner or later. In addition, since scripts are easy to make flawless, as Trilez said, many scripters neglect to take proper precautions. Therefore I recommend you write your own scripts and make sure to take those precautions.

To answer your questions

"Is RSBot good for botting?" - Yes, RSBot itself is probably the best there is if you're looking to bot on RS and nothing else.
"Is RSBot better than SRL?" - Depends on what you value more; RS Botting or an environment that overall is a positive addition to your life.

ffcfoo
07-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Con's...

Community is crap, don't expect anything from them. I don't recommend you release your scripts either, it'll be way more of a headache than it's worth.
You're not going to learn much. The amount of Java you need to know for RSBot is extremely limited, and the community doesn't encourage learning like SRL does.

Pro's...

[Much] easier to make flawless scripts
Last time I was there (months ago), randoms were practically flawless (except for 1-3 randoms, perhaps only one of which consistently failed, the others were 50/50) -- more flawlessness

No, the fact that RSBot injects will not get you banned on its own. People have said it's possible for Jagex to detect it, but even if that's true, they clearly don't, otherwise thousands of RSBotters wouldn't be going strong day after day. What causes the extra bans, in my opinion, is the flawlessness of the scripts. For example, your friend was so caught up in RSBot that he loves autoing 9 hours a day - that'll bring a ban sooner or later. In addition, since scripts are easy to make flawless, as Trilez said, many scripters neglect to take proper precautions. Therefore I recommend you write your own scripts and make sure to take those precautions.

To answer your questions

"Is RSBot good for botting?" - Yes, RSBot itself is probably the best there is if you're looking to bot on RS and nothing else.
"Is RSBot better than SRL?" - Depends on what you value more; RS Botting or an environment that overall is a positive addition to your life.

Alright I get it, But there is like no scripts working at all that are free in the srl forums. Barely anything works! There is not even a good yew chopper right now and I am to inexperienced to make one and if I was good at scripting I would be making a lot of them since I have no school for a couple of months and I got all the time in the world. I am pretty sure other people don't got time but also srl has been a little screwy to! The randoms solvers aren't very good and there are some bugs. Is it that the staff are working hard on srl and will release it when there done or is it that everyone has no time or taking the time off? These questions ponder my head.

Runescapian321
07-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Alright I get it, But there is like no scripts working at all that are free in the srl forums. Barely anything works! There is not even a good yew chopper right now and I am to inexperienced to make one and if I was good at scripting I would be making a lot of them since I have no school for a couple of months and I got all the time in the world. I am pretty sure other people don't got time but also srl has been a little screwy to! The randoms solvers aren't very good and there are some bugs. Is it that the staff are working hard on srl and will release it when there done or is it that everyone has no time or taking the time off? These questions ponder my head.

I haven't tried scripting extensively in a while, so I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Have you or others alerted them about the 'bugs'? I doubt anyone is working on randoms, though I may be wrong. And there aren't too many good scripts for RSBot either quite honestly, at least not the last time I checked. Perhaps a handful of poorly-scripted AIO scripts were all that actually worked endlessly, but there were so many efficiency flaws and possibly detectable patterns that I couldn't bear using them on anything other than noob accounts. If you're going to use RSBot, I recommend you make your own scripts for use on accounts you care about (i.e. your main).

ffcfoo
07-14-2010, 03:50 PM
I haven't tried scripting extensively in a while, so I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Have you or others alerted them about the 'bugs'? I doubt anyone is working on randoms, though I may be wrong. And there aren't too many good scripts for RSBot either quite honestly, at least not the last time I checked. Perhaps a handful of poorly-scripted AIO scripts were all that actually worked endlessly, but there were so many efficiency flaws and possibly detectable patterns that I couldn't bear using them on anything other than noob accounts. If you're going to use RSBot, I recommend you make your own scripts for use on accounts you care about (i.e. your main).

I don't really want to bot using RSBot because I feel safer with going with srl plus learning to script pascal then creating my own scripts to bot with.

Coh3n
07-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Maybe we need to advertise MSI more... it currently has a GE Yew Chopper and a Rimmington Yew chopper. It ran for a few hours for me on one character the other day (Rimmington yews). The only disadvantage (IMO) we have is our randoms solvers, which AFAIK, work for reflection.

MylesMadness
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Rsbot has one thing on SRL, and thats the random solvers work. SRL really hasn't had a working random solver in ages

Wanted
07-14-2010, 06:00 PM
SRL really hasn't had a working random solver in ages

SRL hasn't really had a working random solver in ages?

Thats funny because last time I checked

Leo works - highly doubt theirs works
Pete is in beta - Theirs does not work
Beekeeper works
Molly works
Maze is in beta - again doubt theirs works
Mime is in beta
Frog works
Evil bob works - highly doubt theirs does
Abyss works
Quiz works
Pillory works
Capn Arnav works
Pinball works
Forester works
Demon works

The list goes on, sure they could always use improvement but to say SRL does not have randoms solvers is a slap in the face for the amount of work members of this community have put into them.

MylesMadness
07-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Pinball doesn't work as of 2 weeks ago, thats the only one I remember because there was a thread about it, but there is more. I'm going to bot and see what doesn't work anymore. I'll donate accounts when I find one...

Coh3n
07-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Pinball doesn't work as of 2 weeks ago, thats the only one I remember because there was a thread about it, but there is more. I'm going to bot and see what doesn't work anymore. I'll donate accounts when I find one...
Most of them work, but they don't work every time.

MylesMadness
07-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Most of them work, but they don't work every time.Hmm, that could be it then. I have no luck with srl randoms anymore really

Coh3n
07-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Hmm, that could be it then. I have no luck with srl randoms anymore really
Could be the script also. It may not be looking for randoms at the right times.

MylesMadness
07-14-2010, 08:22 PM
It finds them, it just doesn't solve most of them

Coh3n
07-14-2010, 09:22 PM
It finds them, it just doesn't solve most of them
Guess you're unlucky. =\

I've watched SRL solve a few over the last few weeks. Who who's how many others may have been solved.