PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Red Chinchompa Script

wondersueak
08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
could someone make me a script that hunts red chinchompas?

uses as many traps as possible from the one in your inventory.

with anti-ban and anti-random

Shuttleu
08-17-2010, 09:25 AM
i have never done red chinchompas, explain how it works

~shut

rpg711
08-17-2010, 02:06 PM
I second this. Ok, so these are some facts about red chinchompas:
-They always spawn in the same spot
-They are south west in the feldip hunter fields
-They use box traps
-They are stackable
-They are killable(but explode for 20 damage)
-They respawn faster on more crowded worlds(as is true of most things)
-You VERY rarely get randoms doing this(I have 2010 and have gotten 1 pillory random)

So pretty much what you do is find a free spot, and then you lay box traps in a set pattern, surrounding the spawn with traps. This will obviously need a failsafe if somebody feels like being a dick and putting a trap where yours should be. Does SRL have an autotalker? A lot of people bot it with nexus so people are aware of the presence of bots and will often ask. Not only that, there are people called "bot hunters" who use raven summon and drop boxes to lure the bots to the level 88 aggressive ogres that kill them.

Shuttleu
08-17-2010, 02:11 PM
ok i get the idea, i will make it, it will set them down on set tiles which should stop the bot from being attracted away

~shut

EDIT: one problem, i dont have 65 hunter

rpg711
08-17-2010, 02:36 PM
ok i get the idea, i will make it, it will set them down on set tiles which should stop the bot from being attracted away

~shut

EDIT: one problem, i dont have 65 hunter
It's 63 hunter and can be boosted(hunter pot) so you really only need 60 hunter... however that wouldn't make for a very long testing session.
If your hunter is high enough for grey chinchompas(53) the closed box animation is the same, and there are really only about 6 spawns that you can get a good setup. Hunter is quite fun too so raising it isn't like nails down a chalkboard agility

Shuttleu
08-17-2010, 06:20 PM
It's 63 hunter and can be boosted(hunter pot) so you really only need 60 hunter... however that wouldn't make for a very long testing session.
If your hunter is high enough for grey chinchompas(53) the closed box animation is the same, and there are really only about 6 spawns that you can get a good setup. Hunter is quite fun too so raising it isn't like nails down a chalkboard agility

im 52, so a tad bit of training and i will write it for grey chinchompas and add support for red as well

~shut

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 06:37 PM
okay thanks! Huge Huge thanks! Plus even if there is bugs, I'm sure there's a bunch of people on here who have been wanting a script like this, and will use it, and report any bugs.

because of the exploding, if the person has some food in their inventory, if the constitution (health) goes down to 350 could you make it eat food until it either runs out or gets max?

that's just optional. I don't really need it.

Shuttleu
08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
but i thought they only exploded if you attack them?

~shut

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure. I haven't hunted them in forever. I'll go take a break from wc'ing and go find out.

thanks to you shut (vine vanquisher) I now have 85 wc =]

edit:

Yeah, it only happens when you attack them. and as far as I know, they don't auto attack

rpg711
08-17-2010, 07:17 PM
but i thought they only exploded if you attack them?

~shut

Lol don't listen to him they only explode if you attack them and it's only 20 damage.
Thanks for your efforts btw.

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
no it's 30. I just checked myself.

i'm guessing it varies from 20 to 30 depending on the player.?

rpg711
08-17-2010, 07:25 PM
no it's 30. I just checked myself.

i'm guessing it varies from 20 to 30 depending on the player.?

Carnivorous chinchompas can be attacked but explode when killed. If the attacking player is next to the chinchompa when it explodes, the player takes damage, about 20 life points (approx). Players hunting these chinchompas should take care, as accidentally clicking on one will cause the player to attack it. (A player can avoid this entirely by equipping a bow but not arrows. Then, an accidental click does not start an attack, since the bow has no arrows. (Crystal bows cannot be used in this fashion, however, since they do not need arrows.)
Maybe, but wikia says 20 and I get 20

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 07:30 PM
*shrugs* I have no clue why i get 30 and you get 20.

Shuttleu
08-17-2010, 07:46 PM
can you show me where a good spot to lay the traps for grey and red chinchompas are?

~shut

rpg711
08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
can you show me where a good spot to lay the traps for grey and red chinchompas are?

~shut

The easiest way is to kill as many grey/red chins in an area(each area has 3 spawns). Note where they spawn. The spawn point is the same every time, and there are ~12 in the feldip area. Place the traps directly north, south, east and west of the spawn, or in a checkerboard pattern(for those that have 80+ hunter). Look at some people hunting... here's an example
http://i37.tinypic.com/shlu.jpg
image from a sythe guide.

Note that the script would not need to detect the spawns... since they are always the same across every world and time.

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 07:55 PM
I would show u greys, but I've never hunted those before. I just stuck with swamp lizards.

rpg711
08-17-2010, 07:58 PM
I would show u greys, but I've never hunted those before. I just stuck with swamp lizards.

it's the exact same concept as red chins, which is why it makes so much sense for shut to do them. All he would need to do is get it to detect the closed boxes for grey chins, and then just code the red chin spawn point and failsafes in.

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
problem:

if there is only one square for each box, what happens if someone places a box on your square right after the script picks up the box?

I think it should be in a set area. a random place in an area of maybe 5x5 squares?

Shuttleu
08-17-2010, 08:01 PM
well what im thinking is...

make a array of all the respawn spots, detect which respawn spot the user is closest to, go to the respawn spot, set the traps around it

that way instead of adding a load of code, i just need to add "Tile(1243, 6287)"

~shut

EDIT: if someone else turns up, i hop world

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 08:04 PM
ah, that sounds good to me. That way if someone takes your spot, it can place boxes in another.

which, would lower suspicion. since legitly people don't stay in the same spot constantly, jus tthe same general area.

rpg711
08-17-2010, 08:05 PM
problem:

if there is only one square for each box, what happens if someone places a box on your square right after the script picks up the box?

I think it should be in a set area. a random place in an area of maybe 5x5 squares?

That never happens. I have been at it for 2 days and people keep to their own spots pretty well. Also, the chances that this happens are very slim and so it's pointless to waste processing power on such a failsafe. The only "failsafe" against this sort of thing the script needs is detection of existing boxes... and it wouldn't even need that if a human setup the player at a spawn. Then, it would only need to place and get the boxes, and a lot of time would probably be saved coding it.

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 08:30 PM
true, but I have had someone do that before.

Shuttleu
08-17-2010, 09:41 PM
i cant find a respawn spot for grey chinchompas

if someone can post one for me

~shut

EDIT: i just found a problem, if the trap falls over it changes from a object to a item, which is bad, because there is a memory leak in SMART
i can get round this, but i dont like what im going to have to do

wondersueak
08-17-2010, 10:32 PM
oooh that sucks =[.

grey chinchompa area:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3vzZrvcGzs&feature=related

Shuttleu
08-19-2010, 08:38 AM
ok just to let you know, im off on holiday for a week tomorrow, so i wont be able to do anything until then

~shut

wondersueak
08-19-2010, 11:48 PM
oh okay. It will take me at least that long to get 99 wc so don't sweat it =].

I think the problems I've been having with your script is due to the memory leak in SMART. After 30-90 minutes of use SMART will start messing up and the memory leak is somehow triggered.