PDA

View Full Version : need algebra 2/trig help =\

g0tp0t
08-28-2010, 10:23 PM
so i screwed up and didnt do enough math over the summer and i need to do almost a whole semester of work in a few days. hard.

anyone know of an online math calculator that does loads of diferent stuff, i use wolframalpha but sometimes i dotnn know what to tel it to get it to do my problem.

also, could anyone help me with the oral exams D=. i sound like an idiot when i dont know exactly what im doing.

It sounds petty and its my problem for procrastinating but just asking =\

i luffs yeww
08-28-2010, 10:27 PM
What what exactly are you asking for? Wolfram works just fine.

g0tp0t
08-28-2010, 10:35 PM
sometimes when wolfram takes an equation it doesnt give the answer and says timed out

also sometimes i dont know how to phrase problems because its not just an equation

EDIT: i just ran into another equation it couldnt solve. x2/(x2-4)=x/(x+2)-2/(x-2)

the answer choices are
a. x = 0 and x = 1
b. x = 2 and x=-2
c. x = -1 and x=0
d. There is no solution

wolfram says x = -1 so it isnt seeing the 0 or it didnt do what the question wanted. this isnt a perfect example.

EDIT2: lol, nvm that was a perfect example. x was not equal to -1, i chose that answer and i got the problem wrong

i luffs yeww
08-28-2010, 10:41 PM
It's D, I think.

And what's an example of something you don't know how to input?

g0tp0t
08-28-2010, 10:44 PM
i cant remember but iv had a bunch. give me a miute and ill find one.
EDIt: i have come across one in this semester but last semester i had a question about a plane traveling and the wind was going some speed. into the wind the plane traveled some sped .what would the planes speed back be.

thats clearly not even close to the real problem but thats the kind of thing.

also if i have to convert an equation from standard form to intercept form i couldnt get wolfram alpha to do that. i know how to convert them, thats just an example

marpis
08-30-2010, 01:39 PM
i cant remember but iv had a bunch. give me a miute and ill find one.
EDIt: i have come across one in this semester but last semester i had a question about a plane traveling and the wind was going some speed. into the wind the plane traveled some sped .what would the planes speed back be.

thats clearly not even close to the real problem but thats the kind of thing.

also if i have to convert an equation from standard form to intercept form i couldnt get wolfram alpha to do that. i know how to convert them, thats just an example

For things like that (the plane and wind-effect) I like to use vectors.

HyperSecret
08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
The answer to your above question is: -1. So wolfram was correct but 0 isn't a possible answer. If 0 was plugged into the equation you would have 0=1 which isn't correct.

If you need help showing how to solve it I can help you but LaTeX editor was being stupid this morning and was giving me problems so I couldn't type it out.

I am in calc 3, if you need help you can pm me or email me. Those would be the best ways to get ahold of me.

derekmardian@gmail.com

souldragon
09-01-2010, 09:16 AM
I know a calculator that can automatically factorise algebra for you will that help?