PDA

View Full Version : Need someone for SRL Stats

Wizzup?
09-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi,

so I'm pretty much done with the core of SRL Stats, but I'd really like someone to do the design + formatting. I'm finding myself having less and less time and the actual design job has always bothered me. Note that I am not talking about a banner image but making the actual site. (Or finding a nice template that I can work with)

I don't have an actual idea as to the looks, but I'm sure we can find something.
It doesn't have to be one person working on the design, too. I can set up a git ( or svn ;_; ) repository so you can work on it as a group. Fakawi expressed he would like it to have the same looks as vBulletin, so that may also be an option? (I guess the vBulletin css would do)

Wizzup?
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
No one?

Alek000
09-06-2010, 03:10 AM
I can look at some templates, but as for designing a website I'm not very good. Have any ideas on what you are looking for?

Bebe
09-06-2010, 06:05 AM
perhaps ask ss23 or frement? I am no help when it comes to web development :/

Wizzup?
09-06-2010, 06:07 AM
perhaps ask ss23 or frement?

Ss23 is not a designer and Frement said he had no time.

It's ok, I'll figure something out myself for now.

Bebe
09-06-2010, 06:08 AM
I would ask for help on Mopars then

Esteban
09-06-2010, 06:16 AM
I can help. I'd dabbled quite a bit in web design and development (I've placed 4th in a national competition in web design)

3Garrett3
09-06-2010, 01:17 PM
If you need someone, try getting a hold of Parker (sirlaughsalot). I'm pretty sure he works for a web design company?

EvilChicken!
09-06-2010, 03:14 PM
If there's really no one else available, you could always count me in as some sort of last resort. I'm not really skilled with designing nor coding, but I know the basics.. (Hence "last resort" -- there are a lot of people who would be better suited for this.)
And if you already have the vBulletin css, (which I, as you may remember, mentioned that I think you should use) that minimizes the amount of actual 'designing' to positioning, no?

PM/MSN sometime if you want.

Wizzup?
09-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I can help. I'd dabbled quite a bit in web design and development (I've placed 4th in a national competition in web design)

Alright, cool. I'll push the Stats source in a bit.

The old site can be found here: http://old.villavu.com/merlijn/srlstats/website/

The design was just grabbed from a template I found, but I guess when it comes to layout "sections" it should be something like this. (Please save the page as well because that server will not be on much longer)

E: Link is dead now.

BraK
09-17-2010, 10:54 PM
If some help is needed I have some minor experience in Web Design

Wizzup?
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Site is back up at http://sheeva.villavu.com/stats with the old design. Obviously it's not (visibly) feature complete, but once I get round to the last few things I have to finish I'll start worrying about the design again.

A G E N T
10-20-2010, 04:30 PM
It would be pretty straightforward (not sure of legality) to just copy source & resources (css, images, etc.) of the SRL main page, then strip out/replace all the sidebars and links, if you just want a straight clone of the forum style.

Wizzup?
10-21-2010, 06:58 PM
It would be pretty straightforward (not sure of legality) to just copy source & resources (css, images, etc.) of the SRL main page, then strip out/replace all the sidebars and links, if you just want a straight clone of the forum style.

It's not really my fav. choice but I understood some would like it to have this theme. So it's certainly worth investigating.