PDA

View Full Version : A 'word paperclip (helper)' in any languange?

EvilChicken!
09-17-2010, 11:47 PM
A continuation of my previous thread (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58534), I still need help with this >_<
I'm trying to create an application that is more or less identical to the annoying paperclip defaulted as your 'helper' in MS Word (that always asks you whether you're in need of assistance and tries to give you random tips). Basically, an animated figure that is draggable, without any borders or background.

I no longer care what language I'm doing this in, hence why I'm posting here -- but my knowledge of programming/scripting is very limited in general, so I really would prefer source in a language that I'm atleast somewhat familiar with, like Delphi -- even though I'm not particularly good in that either.
Oh, and another reason for why I'm posting this under no specific subcategory is that if anybody finds any forms of source I could work with that is completed to such a degree that using it would simplify my task, in any language, I'd be grateful, pretty much no matter what.

It's kinda late, I hope I made myself atleast somewhat understandable.. Please do ask if there's anything to be elaborated or added. :)

EvilChicken!
09-20-2010, 10:41 AM
.. anyone?
:(

HyperSecret
09-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I really wasn't able to find anything either. Everything just seemed to talk about how OpenOffice is killing MS Office on a consumer level and how annoying "Clippy" is.

I am at work so I didn't really go digging into anything that I didn't know was 'clean'.

EvilChicken!
09-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks for atleast trying, Hyper..
Noone else?
I'm kinda surprised over how complex this turned out to be, I thought it would be a really easy project..

Feroc1ty
09-29-2010, 04:46 PM
The concept of a program and program flow remains the same no matter what language you program it in. All of the programming languages are very similar, you should get a piece of paper and figure out your program flow from the very start to the very end.

After you have your program flow down it should be simple... find libraries to draw your clippy, create functions on how to move/drag your clippy etc...