PDA

View Full Version : Pest Control? (Is this a feasible/good idea now?)

ForgotMyName
10-11-2010, 08:29 AM
So Soul Wars came out and most people abandoned Pest Control.

Thing is, Soul Wars is filled to the brim with bots, and every once in a while Jagex seems to come along and sweep them with a mass ban. Now, I don't so much know the details of this, except that SW, green dragons, and red chins are probably tied for the three highest banrates in RS scripting.

But, Pest Control is really still quite good. Sure, it was nerfed somewhat due to player complaints, but it's still good exp, for some definition of good. A knowledgeable legit definitely has better ways of training, but I imagine that a bot on an official PC would not be too far in exp rate from a SW bot that could get clan calls for winning teams.

Most of the game isn't too relevant to a bot. Sure, someone has to beat the portals down, manage the doors, and whatnot, but just leave that to the legits. Our bot just needs to get its 500 LP of damage, and any help it can do for the team is a bonus. Now, void shifters tend to mass around the knight in the center. A bot could just camp the center and do some pretty decent work. If it dies, it's only a short walk from the lander to the center platform. There needs to be some extra logic for boarding the lander, etc, but idk if that's much difficulty. (Lots of people will be blocking that tile.)

What do you guys think about a PC bot? Is it feasible? How difficult would it be to make? How effective would it be once made? (For these questions: With reflection? Pure color?) Is this something I should be attempting some time down the line?

Thanks.

PS
I believe there are a few scripts for this among the other major bots, but they're far less popular than SW. Still plenty of room to hide among the legits.

P1nky
10-11-2010, 03:06 PM
it has been made numerous times. I believe there is still one out there , although maybe outdated! so it's possible and i do prefer PC but i just hate the fact that you grow hp !!! </3 (since im a pure and all i like my cb as it is! <3)

Awkwardsaw
10-11-2010, 07:57 PM
im in the proccess of making one, ;)

Overtime
10-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Yes i had suggested it a while back.

How is it coming along Awkawardsaw?

MasterKill
10-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I have to say, the 100+ boat seems to be controlled by bots to lately. At least a lot less wins then they where used to. I suggest a script that goes for the portals, or defends at the center ;)

Awkwardsaw
10-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes i had suggested it a while back.

How is it coming along Awkawardsaw?

i've been having laptop troubles, so atm i only have boat navigation(going from void/bank to boat, or vise-versa) and buying stuff from voids :(

Camaro'
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM
i've been having laptop troubles, so atm i only have boat navigation(going from void/bank to boat, or vise-versa) and buying stuff from voids :(

I could make one very simply in reflection, that even attacks the portals I guess.

After my reflection essence miner , I will start that, should be done with the essence miner within the week.

I used to have one with drizzt, that was the shit :)

Awkwardsaw
10-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I could make one very simply in reflection, that even attacks the portals I guess.

After my reflection essence miner , I will start that, should be done with the essence miner within the week.

:(

i guess we'll have to compete(if i can find a decent cheap battery for my laptop) ;)

Nava2
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Nike still has one..

Cstrike
10-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Bots seem to suck when defending. The doors shut and you can see an army of bots just get stuck. Theres a few people on portals and every game ends up being a loss. Sorta sucks but I don't blame them, I botted there myself.
Though there are lots of people who run around going:
"WHY ARENT YOU ATTACKING? ARE YOU BOTTING!?!?!
"****ING BOTTERS IMMA REPORT U ALL"

So I stopped that activity.

Overtime
10-12-2010, 12:35 AM

i remeber that script i used it back in the day too. I think i have a proggy up there. It got me full void :)

I would like to see one for the juniors though :)

Maybe you and Awkard can team up, but i think he's going full color.

Camaro'
10-12-2010, 12:44 AM
i remeber that script i used it back in the day too. I think i have a proggy up there. It got me full void :)

I would like to see one for the juniors though :)

Maybe you and Awkard can team up, but i think he's going full color.

Yea that was full color, but I think I will stick with reflection.