PDA

View Full Version : How To Start Autoing

blulightning
11-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Since Tad’s old tut on autoing is a bit outdated in terms of scripts, I figured I’d make a new one.

*Note: This tut is based off of scripts available to Junior Members
*Credits to Tad for his old tut, which I used as a reference for format/content

Contents:
I. Starting Off: Building Your Army
II. Combat
III. The Skills
IV. General Information

I. Starting Off: Building Your Army

If you’re completely new to autoing, you probably have no idea what an “army” is. An army consists of all of the RS characters that you use to bot with. Usually, it’s around 10 characters, but can have many more characters. (Squancy has an army of 71!!)

A. Creating the Characters
This part is relatively straightforward, as all you have to do is make a bunch of RS accounts. However, there are some major no-no’s that a lot of new autoers make.

Don’t:
- Make your char names too similar. Ex: madmax1, madmax2, madmax3, etc
- Make it obvious you’re botting. Ex: autobot918, botter9
- Leave the default appearance of your character! This is a big red flag.

Basically, be smart. Spend time on each of your characters, after all, they’re about to work their butts off for you.

B. Tutorial Island
As of right now, there is no working Tut Island runner on SRL, so you’ll have to do this manually. That really sucks, and it would be great if someone would make a tut runner scripts (*nudge*).

II. Preparing Your Army: Combat

A. Why is Combat Important?
A huge red flag that alerts Jagex to autoers is a low combat level. Any Combat lvl 3 that’s chopping down Yew trees is obviously a bot. Therefore, you’ve got to raise your combat level before working on any other skills. Chickens are only level 1, so they can’t kill you. It used to be easy to raise your combat with a Chicken killer script, but they’re mostly outdated. My two reccomendations:

1. Narcle’s Fast Fighter
This script is great, and easy to set up. It’s not 100% successful at fighting Chickens, simply because the pens are very crowded, so it’s hard to get a chicken. Find a less crowded world and head to the pens north of lumbridge and south of Falador.
2. Bbri06’s Lumbridge Fighter
This script is currently under development, so you can’t use it yet. Once it comes out though, it’ll be a goblin, rat, and cow killer. Once you have a >5 combat level, goblins and rats are great to train on.

B. Equipment
In order to get a bit of money to start yourself off, I reccomend fighting chickens manually for a little while. Pick up the feathers they drop, and head over to the Grand Exchange. Sell the feathers, and buy yourself a sword, a shield, and, if you can afford it, some armor. That way you will have a smaller chance of dying against the goblins/rats.

III. The Skills
Hopefully by now you’re around 30 combat or higher, so you look less suspicious.
From here on out, you can pick and choose what you do within this tutorial. I mention a lot of skills in a specific order, but feel free to skip around and do what works for you.

A. Woodcutting
Although it’s the most dangerous skill to auto, as its watched most closely by Jagex, it’s very easy and can be pretty profitable.
Do the following with your whole army:

1. Go to the General Store in Lumbridge, and get your free bronze hatchet
2. Head West to Draynor, and park yourself in the bank. Make sure you equip your new hatchet.
3. Set up MSI to cut down normal trees. My suggestion: Powerchop and Bank intermittedly. While it’s not extremely profitable to bank normal logs, and it slows your XP gain, you can use your meager profits to upgrade your hatchet as you level.
4. Once you reach level 15, switch to Oaks in MSI. Again, it’s your call whether you bank or powerchop.
5. At 40 or higher, switch to willows. Don’t switch at 30, because the Draynor willows are filled with bots, and you’ll chop too slowly to keep up.
6. Don’t auto Woodcutting much higher than 77, as Jagex watches very closely after that (Creds to Tad!)

B. Fishing
It’s very easy to move your army to fishing from woodcutting, because MSI supports Draynor for both skills! Just put your net in your first inventory slot, and you’re off! Fish as long as you like, I usually level myself up to around 40.

C. Cooking/Firemaking
I’m listing these two skills together because they follow logically after Fishing and Woodcutting. After leveling those two skills, you have a bunch of logs and a bunch of fish, right? So what’s the next thing to do? Cook first, and then burn off all your extra logs later with these scripts:

1. Al Kharid Cooker- Very efficient script that runs out of Al Kharid, as the name implies. Set up is pretty simple, just follow the instructions in the forum!
2. Now that you’ve cooked (or burned :P) all of your fish, it’s time to burn off some of your logs! I recommend the GE Arsonist for the job.

Firemaking may seem like a useless skill, as it can’t make you any money, but it raises your total level. It also adds diversity to what skills you have levels in. If Jagex sees a character with 99 fishing, 99 woodcutting, and 99 mining, and 1 in all their other skills, they’ll know its a bot.

D. Mining
This skill will make you LOADS of money, and MSI is set up to give you lots of options as to where you mine.

1. Set up MSI for mining in the Varrock East Mine.
2. Switch between Powermining/Banking Tin and Copper (you can use Priority within MSI). You’ll need the ore later for the next skill...
3. At Level 15, switch to Iron. Powermine for a while until you’re around level 30, then bank and build up a nice store of iron.

E. Smithing
You can use all the ore you got from Mining to increase your smithing level.

1. Set up Trav's Al Kharid Smither and get rid of all your tin and copper.
2. Then move on to iron and smith a bunch of bars.
3. After you have bars, you can use EvilChicken!'s Varrock Smither to create items if you want, it’s up to you.

IV. General Info

A. Common Mistakes
Many first-time autoers make mistakes that end up getting them banned these are:

1. All of the Don’ts from the army making section.
2. Autoing for too long. Make sure you set up multiple players! That way each character will auto less. A character that autos for 12 hours straight is obviously not human
3. Balance your skills! (explained more in Firemaking)
4. Play for real! If your army is small enough, take the time to do quests now and then with each character. Pause the script you’re running and say something to the players around you. Act as human as possible

B. What to do with your Army?
You can use your army to get rich on your main account, just do a search on SRL to find out how to transfer items. You can also sell your army, once they are levelled up. Maybe you did it just for the fun of it, which is fine too!

Comments, suggestions,and love are welcome.

Heavenguard
11-27-2010, 03:35 PM
love <3

My favorite one is

IV. General Info
A. Common Mistakes
2. Autoing for too long. Make sure you set up multiple players! That way each character will auto less. A character that autos for 12 hours straight is obviously not human

blulightning
11-27-2010, 04:02 PM
love <3

My favorite one is

Haha yeah, you'd be surprised how many noobs think it's safe to auto with no breaking/character changing

Anything you think I should add?

EvilChicken!
11-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey, good job making this, a lot of people could find this useful.

Rep'd. :)