PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Facts About Runescape

dagger5678
02-16-2007, 04:12 AM
I posted this on Sythe.org about a month ago, I thought it might be interesting to see what your responses are after I post it here. You can read my original thread here (http://sythe.org/showthread.php?t=157304).

Okay, first of all, I am not going to take credit for this. You can get this list in RSDemon. You can download it at http://rsdo.net/. Here is the list of Pointless Facts About Runescape. By the Way, a pointless fact I made: Runescape can be spaced to spell Run Escape.

The Initiate plate is called a platemail while every other plate is called a platebody
The Statue at the fork north of Fally looks the same as the Statue of Baxtorian from the Waterfall Quest.
Weapons up to rune have a solid gold handle while dragon weapons have a grey, stone handle
There is a picture of the Silverlight on the Anti-Dragonfire shield
When searching bails of hay or piles of hay, it is possible to find a needle.
Guards that can't be attacked wield halberds, while guards that can wield swords
Arrows always hit the target at a set height (no higher, no lower) no matter how high or low the target is
When smithing, the armour that you make weighs more than the bars you used to make it
All random event whirlpools swirl counter-clockwise
The bone spear is like a halberd, yet you can wield a shield with it
You don't have any fingers
Many two handed weapons when using stab will be used in one hand.
The Duelling Arena hospital room doesn't have any glass in the window
There are 82 Cabbages in the Lumbridge Cabbage Field
When using a sextant, when you move square-by-square, each square are intervals of 2 minutes
After eating many cabbages they start tasting ok
Items dropped take two minutes to disappear
Black Demons stand exactly 2 times as tall as a player's character
Barrows brothers have Pink Legend capes
You can not stop yourself from smithing when you start smithing 5 or 10
When an object or NPC is directly NE, NW, SW or SE it will say, "I can't reach that"
Bows and Granite Mauls are held in the wrong hand
When wielding a P2P wep in a F2P world you can punch or kick with it
Pumpkins heal 14hp
If your Public Chat is "Off" you can see Player Mods chat
On many skills the animation goes faster than the text
Darts are the fastest weapon in the game
You don't have eyes, they are black lines
If you die with a skirt and legs, you keep the skirt
Low alches only have 1 gold poof thing, high alches have 3
When you high alch while your cannon is spinning, it stops spinning until you finish alching
When you log in you are always looking south
When you eat an onion it says, "It's always sad to see a grown man/woman cry"
When you try to high alch coins, it says that coins are already made of gold. Yet, when you high alch gold bars it doesn't
When using a sextant in the Air Runecrafting alter, you will find that the altar is in level 56 wilderness
Player animation are done one body part at a time
The exp which would be needed for level 100 is exactly 14,391,160
Burthorpe stairs going down to the game room are backwards
You are allowed to bring a bazooka and a knife onto Entrana, but you are strictly forbidden from bringing a glove
Super strong poison only does up to a 6 from poison
A black-jack has a chance of stunning an opponent
Sickles don't give an attack bonus when wielded
Your character complains a lot during member quests
You can trade Gabooty while wearing a mask, but you can't talk to him normally
Normal snakes drop bones, but bush snakes only drop their skin. You'd think that the bush snakes would drop bones too...
Chickens cannot kill you, no matter what
Chickens cannot kill you, no matter what
Coffin examines to "I see dead people"
After you talk to a NPC he always turns to face you until someone else interacts with him
Fastest time you will get fish is one per 2 secs
If you follow someone, then teleport out, your character still follows it
If you have a poison/disease and you will switch worlds to a f2p world, the poison/disease will still take effect
When a big fish will spit out your fishing gear, you character will automatically try to go at the moved fishing spot without the gear
If you set up a barricade in the Castle Wars waiting room, it will be still counted as the team's total barricades
Rake head will fly faster than axe/pickaxe heads
Zamorak, Azzandra, Hazeel, Zemouregal and Lucien are in the same tribe
Runes are now at a different model as those was before
Only Death Rune spawn is in the Feldip Hills
Runescape has 40 farming patches in total
There are 3 ruins in Wilderness
If you walk five steps north, eleven steps west, and thirteen steps north from the Draynor Village bank first booth, you will find a dock leaf plant
Every items' top is facing north when dropped
When you activate an enchanted stone (slayer communicator thing) you turn east
If you stand near a sheep and it baas, you can hear it
A farm near Varrock has sheep that are always sheared
For some odd reason, even if basilisks are a bit higher that your level, they don't attack u (I think)
Gloves in rs2 technically aren't gloves, they are mittens (gloves have fingers)
The mad mage in the dragon slayer maze part summons cabbages
There used to be pit scorpions with the king scorpions in the Dwarven mines during early rs2 days, but they took them out
You eat everything in three bites
some people hold their staffs strait up some hold them with a slight angle
when drinking something you bite it three times
when using a long range attack (arrows darts knives axes and javelins) you get 1.5 range and 1.5 defence xp (makes training range and defence better)
Vannaka(on tutorial island) has a 2h sword AND a shield
An aggressive monster will stop being aggressive after you are more than twice its level
When you shoot arrows, they disappear 20% of the time
When Running you go ten squares in one second and When Walking you go four squares in one second
After being in a monsters territory and killing them for a certain amount of time, they will no longer be aggressive
The first option for pineapples and watermelons is eat but you can't
When lighting fire, you always move one square to the west
no Runescape person has a mouth just look its weird either u beard covers it or u just don't have one
Infernal Mages drop 2 different pieces of Mystic Robe
You cannot take a cannon into the slayer dungeon or tower because of "dark forces"
You get "tired" from taking the Shilo Village-Brimhaven cart ride
Nechrayels spawn level 46 undead. You need 80 slayer to kill nechrayels, but only 1 to kill the Undead
Falling off Baxtorian Falls does 8 damage
Examine the rope you tie to the rock when going to the waterfall. It says "Rope" with no period
When the Ghosts Ahoy quest came out, you could examine the wall top in the ectoplasm chamber. It was called "ahoy_tomb_wall_top" with underscores, and the examine was just the same
When the Mountain Daughter quest came out, you could examine the rope that you used to get into the village. It was something like "mountain daughter rope" with a number or two
In Castle wars, you can put barricades on your walls, except for the far side
In the south Ardougne bank, you can bank at the closed booth by selecting "bank" banker. This works at many other banks too
If you are fighting a team or many monsters, and you are standing in non-multi combat while your opponents are in multi combat, you can still be attacked by all of them
You cannot set up Castle wars barricades in the doorways of the side doors.
You cannot set a barricade right outside the energy barrier in castle wars, but you can set one right inside
If you die in the castle wars waiting room, you just respawn in a different place in the waiting room
You can only set up a barricade in the waiting room with 5 or less minutes until the next game
Cabbages picked from Draynor manor "taste slightly better than normal" and boost your defence by one level temporarily
Looking through a sextant, the position is random every time. It doesn't follow a set pattern
When private messaging a player mod, when you are receiving a message there is a silver crown
When you examine a maple tree it says I bet this will make good syrup
The only place in the whole of Runescape you see Cyclops is ardy zoo
When examining overgrown cats it says A not so little cat
The closed trapdoor below the anvils at north of Varrock farm when you try and open it says nothing interesting happens
There not a single proper toilet in Runescape
If you examine normal gloves it says These will keep my hands warm but ice gloves say these will keep my hands cold
If you die and have a freeze condition, you are still frozen for a few seconds
If you die and lose some hp or skill levels due to poison or a disease at the exact same second, you still lose the hp or stats
If you gain experience and are in the high scores, your name on the high scores doesn't get updated until you log out
You cannot telegrab an item if you are standing on the wall by the lobby in castle wars if the item is actually in castle wars
There are 3 audience members in the mime theatre, and they are said to be Saradomin, Zamorak, and Guthix (this seems possible, as they are wearing the right colours, and nobody knows how to get to the mime theatre besides the mysterious man, and the mime)

I hope you like this!

hardcore007
02-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Wow, thats alot. Some i've never even knew about. thanks :)

yeahright.
02-18-2007, 04:34 PM
holy shit thats alot of facts.

I Karma I
02-18-2007, 09:32 PM
That's alot of facts lol, some were pretty interesting aswell.

Smartzkid
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Nice, pretty interesting

Kingofptw
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Pretty nice,didn't know that cabbage tasted good after a while.

Sebo
06-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Wow nice find :)

Santa_Clause
06-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Lmao...I couldn't read all of it but they were pretty cool..

stay bombin
06-16-2007, 02:25 AM
lol it didnt occur to me but when i read this i realized that i knew some of them, i guess subconsiously. i wonder if there is a random facts for rsc

RudeBoiAlex
06-16-2007, 11:41 AM
eww no toilets in rs

Tim0suprem0
06-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow i can't believe i just read all those, but some of them were pretty interesting!

alach11
06-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Wow draynor cabbage boosts def by one?!

GoF
06-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Nice :) I've discovered many of those myself while playing too but there's alot of them.

Kayze
06-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Woah. Pretty useless facts.

Just kidding. Some are not known to me yet and most of them are really interesting. ^^

Thanks! :D

sweetleaf
06-20-2007, 04:49 AM
haha pretty useless. i stopped reading about quarter of the way lol. some weird stuff tho

PwNZoRNooB
06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Quite interesting... :p

Becks
06-10-2008, 01:37 PM
thanks for this... haha i just read this in religion class...

King of the Nites
06-10-2008, 01:40 PM
06-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Gravedig