PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Simba under Ubuntu ?

Cigue
12-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Is it even possible at all? I've tried walking through the instructions in the wiki but I honestly couldn't figure anything out. I'm a total linux newbie :/

From what I've gathered, the steps are
1. Download and install a particular version of Free Pascal Compiler
--There are about sixty files of 3-5 different extensions under Linux/i386, which one do I need?
2. Download and install a particular version of Lazarus (Bonus : current version doesn't work)
--Where do I get this fabled version of Lazarus and how do I build/install it?
3. Get source of Simba and build it using FPC and Lazarus
--Wha?

Will it even work :confused:

i luffs yeww
12-27-2010, 03:21 PM
1. http://wizzup.org/simba/article/2
2. Use Wine
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!!

BraK
12-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Check Coh3n's Guide for it here (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47714).

~BraK

bugger0001
01-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Umm...I sort of ran into same issue. I find it a bit weird to use wine for Simba as it runs natively too, but I guess wine is the only option to get EVERYTHING(read: extensions) to work fine under ubuntu, isn't it?

PS. If someone knows more about the issue of srl.sex not working natively on anything other than windows then I would really appreciate a basic explanation of the problem and some possible solutions to it. Thanks in advance

i luffs yeww
01-05-2011, 11:25 PM
The reason that Simba doesn't work well on Ubuntu (or any GNU/Linux distro, afaik) is because of the PascalScript interpreter not being cross-platform.

lib/pyMML/SPyRL will fix that, though.

Zyt3x
01-05-2011, 11:28 PM
lib/pyMML/SPyRL will fix that, though.Looking forward to this! :)

**BANNED The Man
01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
The reason that Simba doesn't work well on Ubuntu (or any GNU/Linux distro, afaik) is because of the PascalScript interpreter not being cross-platform.

lib/pyMML/SPyRL will fix that, though.

<3 remember my help is always here :)
Just hit me on msn

-Boom

i luffs yeww
01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
I'd love to work on it more but.. a lot of family stuff is happening (cancer, I might be moving somewhere, changing schools, health stuff for me, counseling, etc.), and school in general takes up time, and so I really don't have tons of time right now. :/

I wish more people would work on it, really, as they will need to know some python to script it, and it's a great way to learn in my opinion, since then you understand how a lot of the behind-the-scenes stuff, so bugs and errors would be a lot easier to find and fix.

cycrosism
02-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Wait so simba doesn't actually work in native linux? Wasn't the whole point of making Simba to make it work on linux and windows? Whats the point of running the exe in wine if its made for linux lol

KingKong
02-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I think i was looking for something like that and found that simba running natively cannot compile scripts or something along the lines of can't script because of how stuffed up pascal is on linux .

Zyt3x
02-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Wait so simba doesn't actually work in native linux? Wasn't the whole point of making Simba to make it work on linux and windows? Whats the point of running the exe in wine if its made for linux lolSimba works just fine. It's PascalScript that sucks