PDA

View Full Version : Multiple email addresses for your army!

icecap666
01-23-2011, 01:34 AM
I was getting tired of having to take forever to create a new email account for each account that I wanted to create. So I did a bit of looking online and found that you can use one gmail account with a little change and it will be recognized as a new account. This also makes all the emails go to one address for all accounts. I dont think that jagex will notice that it is all the same email address but I am not sure.

anyways here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfEMWVavjGU&feature=related

you simply add a "+" then anything you want before the "@gmail.com". Anything after the "+" is not recognized. Therefore it is sent to your email address that is before the "+".

KingKong
01-23-2011, 01:49 AM
The important question is, does it work with rs?

Jelloman
01-23-2011, 02:13 AM
this is a super helpful tip to know, thx! this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSylubFS1cU) shows how to set up filters so emails going to the different email addresses will automatically get put into different folders, skip to 3:40 if you understand the whole add a "+" to get a new email address

doom0791
01-23-2011, 02:33 AM
Yes, I just tested it. It works with Runescape! You can mass-create accounts with it :D

icecap666
01-23-2011, 03:00 AM
yeah. I have been busing making accounts this way. My army is up to seven now.

Xanith
01-23-2011, 04:57 AM
I don't use a valid email for my army. You can use 'account0@blah.com' then 'account1@blah.com' and so on and so forth. That is if the emails aren't already used.

KingKong
01-23-2011, 05:26 AM
But this way, your account is more safer which means its got less chances of getting banned.

Xanith
01-23-2011, 05:32 AM
What is the advantage of having a valid email? I never looked into it.

KingKong
01-23-2011, 05:34 AM
You get 10 extra bank spaces, can easily recover password(I think), and it also shows jagex that you care about the account which means its not usually a bot(but with this method its pretty much useless)

Xanith
01-23-2011, 05:39 AM
I can live without the 10 bank spaces. As for recovering the password, keep a .txt doc with all of the pw's/accounts. In my opinion I really don't think that Jagex looks to see if the account has a registered email before the account gets flagged/banned. Though I could be wrong.

bevardis
01-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I bet jagex can see thru that. Even we can.

Doesn't seem too legit, even though it works.

Jelloman
01-24-2011, 11:39 PM
I bet jagex can see thru that. Even we can.

Doesn't seem too legit, even though it works.

Jagex would only see it if they looked, meaning if you get flagged on one account they might look up what other accounts are used on that IP address, but by that time it's not the email addresses they're looking at. Jagex is alright with people having more than one account, so IMO doing this shouldn't be a big problem with them.

Xanith
01-25-2011, 03:10 AM
Jagex would only see it if they looked, meaning if you get flagged on one account they might look up what other accounts are used on that IP address, but by that time it's not the email addresses they're looking at. Jagex is alright with people having more than one account, so IMO doing this shouldn't be a big problem with them.

Exactly my thoughts Jelloman.

doom0791
02-03-2011, 03:31 AM
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem to them, but it would, in my opinion, be a tip for catching entire bot armies because all of the email addresses are linked to a single account, therefore if all are flagged and they can prove one they'd probably ban all.

I'm still going to use it, though.

Echo_
02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Or you could use Guerrilla mail, idk if Jagex has blocked emails with the "@guerrillamailblock" extension though. If you don' t know what that is, it' s a website that creates a temporary email for you, then deletes it after one hour.

i luffs yeww
02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
^ Or 10minutemail.

Echo_
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
^ Or 10minutemail.

That too. Have you tested it to see if it works?

i luffs yeww
02-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Why wouldn't? The email doesn't even have to be valid. Try "fsadis@sadkfbsadf.jksvafs" and it'll work.

Echo_
02-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Cool, that's nice to know :)