PDA

View Full Version : Which College

Death12652
01-29-2011, 01:53 AM
I know this is a very very diverse community but I am going to ask anyway, if you are from washington state or close to it I would like some oppinion on which college to go for my bachelors of science in computer science. Its down pretty much between University of Washington - Tacoma or Washington State University - Vancouver. WSU has no dorm but UW does which is a big influence but not a deal breaker. I just want your opinion before I make my decision. And if anyone would post where I should go after my bachelors to complete my PhD afterwards that would be awesome :D

grats
01-30-2011, 04:19 AM
Sounds like you're leaning toward UW, go for it, good school

Nava2
01-30-2011, 05:51 AM
Canada > US.

Thus, WSU. :) No residence sucks though :(

Death12652
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah I know, I visited WSU last friday and learned that they don't have dorms, but I saw the apartments around the area and the prices weren't to bad.

HyperSecret
01-31-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know much about either school. If you have the money/scholarships then definitely go to the better of the two schools. Out of state/country fees probably apply if you go to Canada which can cost more probably.

As far as a PhD goes, you still have to decide on a M.S. :p, that influenced my decision also, I picked the school that has a M.S. program in Computer Engineering, hoping that I will have a better chance getting into their M.S. program if I got my B.S. there. PhD programs aren't offered at many schools, that odds are you will probably have to switch schools to get a PhD eventually.

Take into consideration which one can advance you further also, in which you can continue your education further.

Death12652
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Looks like its going to be WSU becuase it offers the best for bachelors in Computer Science, I was thinkng about the M.S. and WSU doesn't offer one there. So I obviously will have to transfer and already saw that coming for my PhD. I was just asking for any suggestions on what schools to look for my M.S. and PhD. I plan to get my Bachelors here (Cause its in state and cheaper) and then moving to a school that is out of state for advancing after that.

anonymity
02-01-2011, 04:38 PM
WSU has good CS and CE programs. If you didn't know, Paint.Net (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint.NET)was designed at WSU.

Silly rabbit. They have dorms (they are just called residence halls). They overprice housing. That is why I moved into an apartment when I got the chance. I save much more money.

Death12652
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
At vancouver? I couldn't find anything about housing other than appartments near by. And thanks for the info.