PDA

View Full Version : My appology

Krazy_Meerkat
04-11-2006, 02:02 PM
I was recently modded and then de-modded so that I could be polled for devship.
I want to speak to all devs who may be reading this, I appologise for viewing your forum, I wasn't informed about it and I didn't mean to cause any trouble or dis-respect. I don't think I'll be voted in as a dev simply because I'm not "known" or "liked" enough.
If I'm not voted in, I don't want to be re-modded (sorry fakawi I said I would sleep on it but this is my decision and I stand by it). I don't want to be a part of any group who invite members based solely on their popularity rather than their skill. Whether or not anyone will regret it I don't know, I don't really want to find out either.
I did not ask or volunteer for any of this and I don't think there was any need for jelousy or abuse from a certain member of the community who's shown little proof of skill or knowledge with SRL. This person was also a recent devship applicant, there was no need to feel embarrassed or to take your anger out on me, I'm not going to name names but this person knows who they are and should be ashamed of themselves.
So that is my decision, the poll will hopefully be finished soon and I'll be back to just being an SRL member, which I would prefer to working with a certain person. I really don't feel the same anymore.. It's a bit sad when people judge you without getting to know you or what you can do...

Anyone else can post their opinions here if they wish, I'd just like some dev's to read it and learn from it.

Starblaster100
04-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Its sad to see you feel this way.

Unfortunately i disgree with you - i see no one in the Dev team who doesn't have a lot of skill in scar, but thats my opinion

Good luck for the future

inferno
04-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Sorry to hear about this, you seem like a nice person and I don't know why anyone would abuse you just because you were an applicant.

Krazy_Meerkat
04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
I didn't apply...

inferno
04-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Oh... it sounded like it when you were talking about being voted in.

Wizzup?
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
The fact is, he was chosen to become a mod, but he is not a SRL developer yet.
So, in the meantime he could see developers forum. (which I don't mind)

I think we could at least start a vote, explain the weird situation and see how it ends.

Anyways, if you become Developer, you could still become mod. :)

Sdcit
04-11-2006, 04:45 PM
nono KM, you've got it all wrong. :) We dont vote people in on popularity. Heck genodemon didnt get in. You could've been a GREAT mod. Icould see it in you. Your not a power abuser and you use ogical arguement most of the time.

Good luck for the future

Star: i think he's pointing at a person being polled right now?

Starblaster100
04-11-2006, 07:48 PM
hmm yea i can see that, but even though the comments are like "s/he is a great guy, let him/her in," the fact is that that person is actually a great scripter (in my opinion) and ive seen some amazing work form that person

phantombmx
04-11-2006, 08:08 PM
whoa, lots happened in the day or two i was just playin a game, not srl or anything.. i hope everything works out for everyone.. good luck guys

Bebe
04-11-2006, 08:09 PM
I am sorry for the way you feel KM. I apologize for the way I treated you on MSN, I was in a bad mood and I should have never taken it out on you. I am truly sorry and I hope we can move on with this.

Krazy_Meerkat
04-11-2006, 09:05 PM
:o Thank you Bebe.. I hope you are genuine in your apology and it does not end up like that pm you sent me. I'm sorry that I implied you had no skill with srl, I'm sure you are fine.. I had just never really seen much from you here. Regardless, I'm very sure that I won't be voted dev, in which case I'd like to quietly slip back into society. I will do my best to help out from there :)
There's a poll now *shrugs*

I remember first post=p
04-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Due to your awesome sigs, grammar, spelling, and maturity:

*ehem* I award Krazy_Meerkat The Leet of today award!!!

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5269/theleet8ee.png

Krazy_Meerkat
04-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Uhhh.. Ok... I promised myself I wouldn't cry.. Uhh I'd like to thank I remember first post=p for this awesome award, we did it baby!! *hugs*

I remember first post=p
04-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Uhhh.. Ok... I promised myself I wouldn't cry.. Uhh I'd like to thank I remember first post=p for this awesome award, we did it baby!! *hugs*

Rofl, -cries- I never thought this day would come. I made that in Paint, I need PS :( *sigh* To google!

XxKanexX
04-11-2006, 09:47 PM
KM, I think you should be Mod. You deserve it.

You have excellent potentiol in SRL and Scripting, you set your mind to do things and you study alot.

Where would we be without your excellent ideas? :)

Krazy_Meerkat
04-11-2006, 09:55 PM
:p Aww thanks kaney.. I just like to learn more things about SRL and scripting, it doesn't mean I'd make a good mod.. I probably should have put that option in my poll :/

I remember first post=p
04-11-2006, 10:10 PM
:p Aww thanks kaney.. I just like to learn more things about SRL and scripting, it doesn't mean I'd make a good mod.. I probably should have put that option in my poll :/

Nah, you'd make a great mod, it's more about responsibility. I see the award in your sig :p

Krazy_Meerkat
04-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Well I don't know if everyone think I should be a mod.. It's what caused so much trouble in the first place...

Bebe
04-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Well I don't know if everyone think I should be a mod.. It's what caused so much trouble in the first place...
No, I think the problem was that you could see in the Developers forum without being one, and people thought that was wrong.

Krazy_Meerkat
04-12-2006, 01:51 AM
I agree with them. It was an accident and I didn't do it again. No need for them to get too offended, I'm not planning to sell their secrets to sythe or anything.

WhiteShadow
04-12-2006, 02:13 AM
So, how long have you been scripting?

Krazy_Meerkat
04-12-2006, 10:18 AM
About 5-6 months now..

Pyro
04-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Awwwww KM you are a good scripter. I should know ;) And you were made a mod because you showed maturity in the flame wars with me and kane etc vs xerxes

Krazy_Meerkat
04-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks Pyro :) I wonder if anyone is going to say something negative :/

moparisthebest
04-13-2006, 12:37 AM
there is one person who has little to know scripting skill on the dev team, but I wont say anything since I missed the poll, suffice it to say they have never written a script that I know of

The Un-Named
04-13-2006, 12:52 AM
there is one person who has little to know scripting skill on the dev team, but I wont say anything since I missed the poll, suffice it to say they have never written a script that I know of

It isn't Benland100, is it? He hasn't written a script, or so he claims :O

Bebe
04-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Go on... I would love to know who you are talking about :)
Also, writing a script isn't the only way to show your talent..... ;)

JiveTonto@Gmail.com
04-13-2006, 03:52 AM
things ant looking good for ya =p

XxKanexX
04-13-2006, 04:07 AM
Go on... I would love to know who you are talking about :)
Also, writing a script isn't the only way to show your talent..... ;)
Yes. Megan has some incredible talent ;).. Not just in scripting either. :p

Krazy_Meerkat
04-13-2006, 08:40 AM
I wish someone that didn't want me to be a dev would say it to my face. How can I better myself?