PDA

View Full Version : SRL Stats Race

lefamaster
02-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Just made it in to the top ten. On a mission to see how high the page can go. I like the layout of the SQL database page, have a few suggestions to the functionality of it, like higscores, various views, but it has been like a hobby for the last few days.

I have only been tracking my pc's for the last few days. I challenge anyone running scar to get an SRL Stat ID and password, and race for the top...see you there in about 5-6 days.

lefamaster

WT-Fakawi
02-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Hm. How many connections did you say you where running? In other words, how many simultaneous scripts are you running? Cause, in effect, really only one connection at the time is allowed. It would be considered cheating if you'd run multiple scripts on one stats-account :)

Smartzkid
02-25-2007, 12:28 AM
To get ahead of tarajunky, you'd have to run your script constantly for approximately thirty five days, twenty-two hours, and thirty-two minutes.

PS: What scripts have you been using?

lefamaster
02-25-2007, 12:40 AM
I currently have 4 PC's running 9 accounts each of Goblin Scheduler 0.46
1 PC is running 17 accounts on wizzups powerminer. Where does it say you can't run all through one ID? I thought that was the point....I mean I have access to like 10 more pc's and you can bet a shinny nickel I am going to get about 90 more noobs set up to run through the same id on all 10 pcs for a grand total of 15. maybe ill shoot for 20....where does it say only one account? i tought the whole point of this was to gather as much information of a single users history of SRL?

It would be considered cheating if you'd run multiple scripts on one stats-account

imagine being accused of "cheating" on a forum about cheating....who would believe the irony :)

WT-Fakawi
02-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Haha, Its ok I guess. Knew this would happen. Uptil know, me and Wizz have autoed on one PC with one account only. So you might consider our stats accounts as "pure". But I dont feel the need to stop you in your quest to the top.

lefamaster
02-25-2007, 12:56 AM
kewl thanks...

it has been some wierd motivation...goin around and "vampiring" all these pc's. I also think it adds a depth of "cath-up" to thoose who joined late like myself. The gains are impressive, also it allows me to see what types of pc's and operating sytems handle srl and scar most effectively. Some really suck at solving things like boxes, or ricks.

Thanks again. it is lame, but it has been entertaining for me for the last few days.

WT-Fakawi
02-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Thanks again. it is lame, but it has been entertaining for me for the last few days.It has been entertaining us for the past three months.

lefamaster
02-25-2007, 01:06 AM
i mean it isn't lame persay, it is very old school to me...like the SQL muds, or the pure text game.

It is awesome to say the least

Jason2gs
02-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Seeing all this talk of SRL Stats has led me to get myself one...

One question...

How do I do that?

Mjordan
02-25-2007, 06:07 AM
Seeing all this talk of SRL Stats has led me to get myself one...

One question...

How do I do that?

on the left side of homepage, click on the stats. then sign up...

Jason2gs
02-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Ah thanks :)

Btw, do you happen to have a broken axe?

Edit: Nevermind, should have come back sooner

lefamaster
02-26-2007, 04:34 AM
what is with dadj stats?
take a quick look, dude is cuurrently -199990000 minutes er something.

what is that all about?

DaDj
02-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Yea, i fixed that. :eek: some scripts dont like me. sorry bout it :)

DaDj
02-26-2007, 05:03 AM
I also thought the point of the stat's account was to record and display the information about a single person, not just one accout. I mean, who really cares how much someone macros on one account, I'd rather know how much someone macros in total.

botmaster
02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Yah, it'd be kinda cool to see how much servertime we've made jagexd waste XD. Sure, we could add up all the stats to a cumulative total, but where's the fun in that :D

lefamaster
02-26-2007, 10:14 PM
i think alot of people have actually joined up in response to these posts. I also believe alot of good ideas are coming to the surface as to the STATS page.

I had a brainstorm about STAT teams, to pair/ally a group of SRL's together and they could have a "guild" persay. Perhaps share tips, resources, etc. Not sure exactly where to take this, but I can already see a group of people leaning toward the pro-chicken killers versus the pro-goblin schedulers. Might be neat.

Also...what is the portal going to have/look like once it is up and running?

I have built a few php/mySQL mmorp sites...was working with a group over at http://the-merchant.co.uk before the project got very stale...the best part was the allaince pages.

would love to assist, or learn from the guru (i think dankness) who is responsible for this brilliant sql application.

i really like the total idea for how much JAGEX server time lost....lol

YoHoJo
02-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Whoa left, you are pretty serious about this.
Iv been watching and you are just flying up though the ranks.
Nice job =).

lefamaster
02-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Thank you kindly, it has been a massive project. I had a bunch of old hardware that needed to be tested, so this was kind of two projects in one. Blew a power supply this morning on a pc, lost a hard drive on another.

Currntly clocking around 350-450 minutes an hour. Would like to see that at around 600 minutes by the end of the month.

Have a trip to Denver the next few days, so it'll give everyone the chance to play catch up once the last SCAR PC drops out.

Was reading WT fakawis profile, and it just occurs to me how far a SQL database can be used to communicate/monitor scar.

stilfly
02-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Grr, I finally got around my laziness and made registered myself for a Stats ID. It hasn't really updated though. I have been using Wizzup's Essence Miner (props, I like it). I wish I had the stats thing while I was using Goblin Scheduler. I used it on about 7 accounts, got them to about lvl 25 each, just to try it and have a couple of higher level accounts to script on. Now I am screwing around with essence miner. We shall see.

lefamaster
03-09-2007, 12:21 AM
To get ahead of tarajunky, you'd have to run your script constantly for approximately thirty five days, twenty-two hours, and thirty-two minutes.

i win!

it took me approximately 14 days....whewww *passes out on floor*

WT-Fakawi
03-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Hail to the lefamaster.:sasmokin:

Mjordan
03-09-2007, 12:25 AM
holy crap, you've been doing some serious autoing. how many players got banned?

lefamaster
03-09-2007, 12:30 AM
okay get ready for this.....

only 2 out of 73!!!!!!!!!

and they were for rule one viloations!!!!

i have 2 p33
p00ping fire

i didn't really think they were that offensive, and I have way more offensive than that...

r.i.p. born feb 24,2007
fagexed for life on feb 28,2007

YoHoJo
03-09-2007, 01:17 AM
1st Post Congratulation On Number 1!

Please tell us how many accs you have
What scips you used
What skils you autoed
And how much money/ goods you made

I bet we are all very interested

Deni_mulic
03-09-2007, 04:29 AM
Wow..just wow..coulda made like 30m if u used an iron autoer or sommin

Avaphi
03-09-2007, 06:53 AM
He would have been banned for using an iron miner that long.. I am just guessing he is one of the smart non-SRL members who know how to use all of the public scripts to his advantage.

lefamaster
03-10-2007, 12:09 AM
He would have been banned for using an iron miner that long.. I am just guessing he is one of the smart non-SRL members who know how to use all of the public scripts to his advantage.

thanks, but I would like to be just that. A smart non-srl member who learned from his mistakes and now abides buy the "golden rule" (auto-right). I wish to become a role-model to the noob scripter, that altough it is easy to auto on lvl 3 accounts it is seriously bad. Not just for the bans you eventually recieve, which makes the whole effort pointless, but for the destruction it causes those who auto properly. There are a great many posts about the state of the union of autoing, and there are soooo many scripts that could beneficial to the nonmember community, but now we have a serious issue in front of us.

It was a primary goal to not have any rule 7 violations to prove a point. To those SRL-members who I envy and admire, and to myself. A non-member could utilize public scripts to effectively build an army, and not just a crappy-ass lvl 3 brigade, but one of legends. I want to point out that the non-srl community is a vital part of this website, without it the other side will die. You must have new-blood for new ideas. It is so unfortunate that some who abuse the living-hell out of the public section (leechers) will cause many great scripts (to be used as examples by us SRL noobs) to never be released.

Does anyone else see the problem here?

Sorry this is so long, but it saddens me evertime a see a good scripter say:

I have soon finished my Draynor cutter & banker, and I was going to make it free for all, but because of this post I want it to be only for SRL members. If I don't accepted (10 yes - 9 no by far ), I'll ask like Ron or someone else to post it for members only.

or along this line. It is like the flow of possiblilties for me as a non-member are slowly coming to a close.

I sooo want to be a member, but haven't much to contribute except ideas at this point.

There has to be some solution, balance and check by which scripts can be released in some way to the public section. That is all i wished to demonstrate, non-members can and need to be responsible with the tools that are provided in the free scripts section.

Avaphi
03-10-2007, 02:03 AM
I would be interested in hearing your script ideas :)

Also, How many computers do you have???.... What kind of network setup do you got?

Jason2gs
03-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Yes, that many computers on one connection is uncanny :p

I just made it to the bottom of page 2 today, I plan to run the Goblin Sche. tonight and get up maybe five more slots.

I have to ask, what level are your accounts now? They've got to be quite high in combat and stat levels. And if you've used the Goblin Sche. for a lot of that, only strength, they've got to be to the level of a pure :p

I do have access to another computer I can use. Granted I install SCAR, SRL, and get everything set up.

I also have access to another two computers that would be fast enough to use, granted I find a place to set them up, get them all on the internet, and gut any unneeded programs from em.

You must be using a slew of laptops. As far as I know, you can connect as many of those to a wireless connection as you want.

Smartzkid
03-20-2007, 12:50 AM
:p Next time my parent's work upgrades their computers...I think I might just buy a *few*
:D only 15 or so....

Jason2gs
03-20-2007, 01:01 AM
How much per computer? And how do you freakin' get em all online?

Kingofptw
03-20-2007, 01:05 AM
I don't like that kind of contests,you get in srl top 10 notorieted player by jagex lol

Jason2gs
03-20-2007, 01:11 AM
All jagex sees is a screen name.

They can't connect these screen names to RS in any way. Too many things people could say like, "But that's not me! It's my friend, he used my username!" and stuff.

Smartzkid
03-20-2007, 01:22 AM
How much per computer? And how do you freakin' get em all online?

:p

PRESTEP) Buy 10-30 computers for about $100-$250 each. Or, the cheaper way, start a computer 'recycling' service :D

Step 1) Get 2-5 Verizon FIOS lines
Step 2) Network all of the computers in clusters of 2-6 pc's: each cluster gets its own connection
Step 3) Buy one of those super KVM switches for like 30 pc's
Step 4) Build a database to keep track of every user, nomatter where you are
Step 5) Put all acc's through tut island with a runner
Step 6) Goblin Sched. all the char's
Step 7) Raise other skills like wc, mining, fishing
Step 8) Do Rune Mysteries on all acc's

There ya are!

Jason2gs
03-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Computer Recycling service? Sounds cheesy...

Smartzkid
03-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Haha, I think Dell or HP will pay $10-$25 for old pc's, so the ones you can't use, you could send out to be recycled, and get a bit of extra cash in doing so

Jason2gs
03-20-2007, 08:42 PM
$10-$25? Doesn't sound worth it. Just take out the ram and sell it on eBay. The older the betta' :p

Smartzkid
03-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Haha :p too lazy....imagine listing (and tracking) like 50 sticks of ram on ebay...50 auctions to start.....bleh.

Jason2gs
03-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Worth a lot, though. Especially when it's old and no body can find it anymore. Then comes the big bucks :p

pwnaz0r
03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Lol if you were going to start a "computer recycling" service. Why not "sell" the computers :p

lefamaster
03-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Okay, here is the scoop. I'll break this down by location (yes I have multiple locations).
OFFICE:
1 T1 Connection
4 PC's under my desk hooked to an 8 port KVM Head switch. 2 Hidden with other servers I maintain. Total of 6 machines at present time, room to expand.
In the back shop, I have 5 POS Terminals (333mhz) 256MB ram, touchscreens, I'll post pics. They run some scar programs on low detail ok...waiting on more accounts to run these full force. ( i desperately need a tut runner!)

AT HOME: 5 PC's hooked up to 8mps Cable.
Usually run 3 or 4 at a time here in conjuction with the 4-5 at the office.
can be as high as 6-7 pc's scripting.

THE BOTS:
somewhere between 80-90 currently. most have mime/cammo/forrester gear. combat levels 20-40's, wc 20-30 (don;t like much), mining approaching 50-60 on first core, 20-40 on second core.

THE SCRIPTS:
run batches of 9 accounts on Goblin Scheduler for at least 1 week sometimes 2 weeks. Once done move them off to my cut_and_burn script for a little vacation. Then off to Powermine for a few weeks. I'll bunch them into groups of 18 for long sessions of powerming, and set the loads down to 1....virtually no bans.

THE RESULT:
83,000 Minutes in less than one month.
85 accounts built (and maintained!! not banned)
1 pure annihilation of jagex server run time.

priceless.

Ejjman
03-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I'ma start my army :) time to get up more.

Jason2gs
03-20-2007, 10:59 PM
*whistles*

Nice (h)

Do you have different stations set up for different scripts?

WhiteShadow
03-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Okay, here is the scoop. I'll break this down by location (yes I have multiple locations).
OFFICE:
1 T1 Connection
4 PC's under my desk hooked to an 8 port KVM Head switch. 2 Hidden with other servers I maintain. Total of 6 machines at present time, room to expand.
In the back shop, I have 5 POS Terminals (333mhz) 256MB ram, touchscreens, I'll post pics. They run some scar programs on low detail ok...waiting on more accounts to run these full force. ( i desperately need a tut runner!)

THE BOTS:
somewhere between 80-90 currently. most have mime/cammo/forrester gear. combat levels 20-40's, wc 20-30 (don;t like much), mining approaching 50-60 on first core, 20-40 on second core.

THE SCRIPTS:
run batches of 9 accounts on Goblin Scheduler for at least 1 week sometimes 2 weeks. Once done move them off to my cut_and_burn script for a little vacation. Then off to Powermine for a few weeks. I'll bunch them into groups of 18 for long sessions of powerming, and set the loads down to 1....virtually no bans.

THE RESULT:

priceless.

Doesn't it take you a long ass time to check players that were false then? I mean it's extremely hard and long to walk players and set them correct (randoms, lost... ect). 85 players WOW. (I wish I had access to that many computers >:P) Dang that's what I call hardcore autoing. ;D

lolpie
03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll get near the top once I get my computer in a couple of weeks...can't auto on a laptop, it's gonna overheat and explode or something :(

Smartzkid
03-29-2007, 12:14 AM
I'll get near the top once I get my computer in a couple of weeks...can't auto on a laptop, it's gonna overheat and explode or something :(

Flip it upside-down, so the fan(s) are facing upwards, or set it on top of a fan of some sort. (preferably this (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000BYDUC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V1115064948_.jpg) kind)

:D Works for me

@Lefamaster: Man! Now I see why you want to make a database to keep track of all your little peeps

lolpie
03-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Haha hey that's not a bad idea, it's just that the laptop is my dad and he uses it at work :(

Quit
03-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Thats a lot of computers...and Lefamaster. How much money do you have combined on all those accounts and what do you do with it?:eek:

rader720
03-31-2007, 11:59 PM
heh i only got access to two computers : /

Jason2gs
04-01-2007, 04:33 AM
Lefa!

You got SRL Membership!

Gratz :p

RudeBoiAlex
04-01-2007, 07:15 AM
so thats how he does it so many minuets lol congratz on membership to

HanTu
04-01-2007, 04:40 PM
lefa, I think u seriously need to employ some kids to manage your account for u. A technical supervisor to handle all technical stuffs, a secretary to handle your army stats and a willing father to pay your electricity bills.

lefamaster
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
lefa, I think u seriously need to employ some kids to manage your account for u. A technical supervisor to handle all technical stuffs, a secretary to handle your army stats and a willing father to pay your electricity bills

Well, I will say this. Dream. I know most of you are young, and have yet to walk out into the battlefield of corporate existance. My job is retarded, but I have everything I have always wanted: infinte compter resources and the ability to cruise the net pretty much all day. Dream big guys, the process of learning how to code, maintain pc's, deal with not so nice people, is essential in your future. Don't aim short, and end up in a $9.00 hour a job with no internet access all day long.
Set yourself up for somehing where you get a chance to goof-off, but get paid at the same time. I know it sounds wierd, but slack-properly.

Thanks for the congrats on membership everyone.

rader720
04-11-2007, 02:35 AM
hmmm

lefamaster's stats:
Banked : 9358
9358*28=262024
now if that was just iron at 100 each....
262024*100=26,202,400 ~ 26.2m just from scripting.....
dang my hat's off to you lefamaster lol im doing good to keep my 2 computers running. and now ima be gone for a week : / o well ill be in florida ^.^

lordsaturn
04-12-2007, 03:17 AM
OFFICE:
1 T1 Connection

THE BOTS:

THE SCRIPTS:

THE RESULT:

priceless.

Holy shit! Wow! Wish i had that kind of access to that many computers. What is your profession?