PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my Torrent trackers?

Failpailirl
03-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi, well my computer has been slow l8ly, and im pretty sure it has a virus, no big deal tho, i am just going to reformat like i usually do, but, i am a member of a private torrenting site, and want my ratio to stay rather high, does anybody know how do keep your trackers and stuff so you can still upload after youve reformatted?

Harry
03-21-2011, 11:37 PM
You mean cheating it? You're going to get banned from any decent private tracker if you use it, but RatioMaster would work. Only legit way would be to backup the files.

Failpailirl
03-21-2011, 11:40 PM
What do you mean cheating it?

i just simply still want to be able to upload what i already downloaded after i reformat.

Geo
03-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Copy everything you downloaded and want to keep seeding onto a flash drive/USB drive/Portable HDD or CD then when you reformat transfer them to a folder on your newly reformatted computer.

Then go to the torrent site and find the download for them. Make sure the file locations match up and they should just complete without needing to download again. After all this it'll keep seeding them.

Hope this helps.

Harry
03-22-2011, 12:29 AM
What do you mean cheating it?

i just simply still want to be able to upload what i already downloaded after i reformat.
As in lying to the tracker saying you uploaded more than you really did.

And the only way to do that without cheating is to backup the data somewhere else, then restore it after.

Capricorn
03-22-2011, 05:16 AM
All you have to do is download the .tor file again and tell your client to check for the files again. (In utorrent it's called 'force re-check')

Make sure your client is set to not download any of the files when you add it.

protip: this will make your torrent program check all the pieces of the torrent to their hashes and can take a long time if you have a lot of content downloaded - do it before you goto bed!

cycrosism
03-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Scan your computer with an anti-virus and install the program registry mechanic (search for it on the pirate bay) and scan it with that and it should run faster

Failpailirl
03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks Capricorn and Geo. that really helped.

and Cycrosism, its been like 8 mo. since i last reinstalled, it doesnt bother me in the slightest, i like it when everything is "clean"

noidea
03-23-2011, 01:27 AM
As in lying to the tracker saying you uploaded more than you really did.

And the only way to do that without cheating is to backup the data somewhere else, then restore it after.

Thats not what he was getting at. He just wanted to know how he could re add torrents to his client so he could continue uploading his backed up files after he formatted.

Harry
03-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Thats not what he was getting at. He just wanted to know how he could re add torrents to his client so he could continue uploading his backed up files after he formatted.
Didn't realize that... if he is on a site with ratios and stuff I would have assumed he would know that all a torrent needs is the .torrent and source-data backed up :x

cycrosism
03-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Lol at the person who derepped me for my previous comment. I guess I shouldn't help people anymore

doublex8
03-23-2011, 02:35 PM
I'll check out the program and rep ya if I like it :D