PDA

View Full Version : [1 April] Stats Changes

Wizzup?
04-01-2011, 05:03 PM
No, this is not a joke. ;)

I've partially implemented caching and I intend to implement more caching later. The stats site is now a lot faster at some points, so the cache is definitely working. Now that I know that it works I can implement it where required. (So you won't notice a BIG speed difference yet until I implement the caching at the other points too)

Only downside is that the top (user|script|variable) stats will not update instantaneously. Shouldn't be such a big problem. :)

More to follow... I suppose I can tag stats-1.4 later. ;)

marpis
04-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Well that would have been a hell of a prank!

:D "Caching in stats! Hilarious! You got me!"

Rich
04-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Well that would have been a hell of a prank!

:D "Caching in stats! Hilarious! You got me!"Was thinking the same, but reading that made me laugh.

Nice work Wizzup?!

trojan
04-01-2011, 08:50 PM
is that why you posted it 3 minutes after midday so everyone knows its not a prank? :P

Wizzup?
04-01-2011, 08:59 PM
is that why you posted it 3 minutes after midday so everyone knows its not a prank? :P

No, I only then finished parts of the caching. ;) I just implemented in most pages on the site; so it should be a lot faster.

Main
04-01-2011, 11:18 PM
"Royal Wedding

The marriage of Prince William to Kate Middleton on Friday 29 April brings with it a public holiday (in the UK), much reason for celebration and a party mood. To reflect that party spirit, towards the end of April, some of RuneScape’s own royalty will be getting in on the act...

‘Tis a tale of a Wildy-crossed monsters, you see, as the royalty in question is the King Black Dragon and the Kalphite Queen! Not that we’ll get to see the ceremony (they’re a very private couple), but any excuse for a party, right? So, to celebrate, Diango will be selling some party items, including confetti, bouquets of flowers, fireworks, bubble makers, firecrackers and commemorative mugs."

Jagex

Flight
04-02-2011, 12:15 AM
This would be great, I know it takes some time to load Stats now. What do you mean by you only were able to cache 'some' of Stats? I see where you added the top user/script/variable weren't cached, but is that all you lack? If so then great!

DeSnob
04-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Mmm..sexy.

Wizzup?
04-02-2011, 10:36 AM
This would be great, I know it takes some time to load Stats now. What do you mean by you only were able to cache 'some' of Stats? I see where you added the top user/script/variable weren't cached, but is that all you lack? If so then great!

It shouldn't take a lot of time to load stats now. Pretty much everything is ``cached''; except the ``latest commits''. The top X stats update every 10 minutes. (API is also cached now, except for latest commit)

What I meant by ``some'' of the stats: I didn't finish implementing cache for all pages; I wanted to see if it worked first. After it worked for a few pages, I implemented it for the other pages.

Basically, the main page did a lot of full table scans, which is horrible. I fixed that with a small table the size of inner join user x scripts. (~600). At least the users and scripts amount doesn't grow as fast as the commits. ;)

Wizzup?
04-21-2011, 07:45 AM
For those interested, I tagged release-1.4 on Github, the last two bugs I knew of have been fixed.