PDA

View Full Version : Things the begginer tuts don't teach you.

JAD
02-26-2007, 03:33 AM
I will post here what I edited in the Tutorial and when:

February 27th, Editted some spelling errors and added new things to chapter 1.

March 3rd, fixed something that was wrong in progress report, also made things more readable making chapter names bigger and in red :p

if you think this tutorial was helpful, don't forget to plus rep me please. and in the replies below, give me a :spot: for ok give me a :spot: :spot: for good. and give me a :spot: :spot: :spot: for uber! lol.
I will be editing this tutorial every once in a while to add some more SRL commands or things to learn, so keep an eye on it :)
before reading, you should have probably read some of other peoples tutorials, and you should know the basics of scripting and color finding. I'd recommend WhoCares357's tutorial for learning that stuff, its really good and explains things a lot, thats where i started scripting from :p heres the link: http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4625 Now lets get down to business! heres what this tutorial will cover:

Chapter 1: How to make things undetectable using SRL commands!

Chapter 2: How to add basic randoms to your scripts.

Chapter 3: How to make a progress report.

Chapter 4: How to use and make fail safes.

Chapter 5: How to make a cool signature.

ok now heres where the tutorial begins:

Chapter 1: How to make things undetectable using SRL commandes!

well most of the beginner out there so far teach you non SRL commands like MoveMouse, MoveMouseSmooth, ClickMouse etc... and those are great for explaining it in the beginning, but those are detectable when using them in runescape scripts so i am going to teach you the undetectable SRL commands! here i will make a list of some good basic SRL commands that you can do a lot of things with, and we are also going to talk some about repeats and untils. heres some basic SRL commands with coordinates:

MMouse(x,y,0,0); //Moves mouse at a slow, randomspeed to destination.

Mouse(x,y,0,0,true); //Clicks mouse with random holding timing

DropAll; //Drops all items in inventory

DropTo(2,28); //Drops from slot 2 to slot 28.

InvFull; //I will explain below.

TypeSend(''); //will send anything between the quotes then press enter.

isfkeydown //will explain below

now those are some basic procedures which can be very important when making something such as a power miner, or a power cutter. so we'll start by explaining MMouse. lets break this down. MMouse is a command to move the mouse. x,y is something i used as an example as coordinates, x,y are the variables at which the coordinates are stored. 0,0 are a randomness of where it can move. once it finds the color it will move the mouse to the color then it can move a little randomly off course ... example:

procedure Example1;
begin
if(FindColor(x,y,color,coords,coords,coords,coords ))then
MMouse(x,y,0,0);
end;

so that would be how you use MMouse.
How To Use Mouse:
ok to use mouse it is a lot like MMouse, but it just clicks instead. lets go straight to the example:

procedure Example2;
begin
MMouse(x,y,0,0);
wait(100+random(50));
Mouse(x,y,0,0,true);
end;

so as you can see there, if it finds the color it moves the mouse to the spot, waits 100-50 milliseconds randomly before clicking to be less detectable, then clicks the mouse at the coordinates. the true in (Mouse(x,y,0,0,true)) is for left clicking. true=left click false=right click as you may know from reading other tutorials. this will not compile, will talk about that later. moving on.
How to use DropAll and (inventoryfull):
well the DropAll is pretty self explanatory, simple yet important in power miners/fishers/woodcutters etc.. I'll go to the example then explain:

program Auto;
{.include SRL/SRL.scar}
procedure RepeatClicking;
begin
repeat
MMouse(x,y,0,0);
wait(100+random(50));
Mouse(x,y,0,0,true);
until(InvFull);
end;
procedure Drop;
begin
DropAll;
end;
begin
SetupSRL;
repeat
RepeatClicking;
Drop;
until(false);
end.

Now we're talking! here we have a basic script that clicks a color, and repeats until the inventory is full, then it drops it! then in the main loop we made it repeat until(false) which means until you stop it manually by pressing the hot keys to stop a script. now lets just talk really quick about the include SRL. this includes SRL into our scripts, which makes life a lot easier pretty much for us scripters. includes make things like MMouse, Mouse, DropAll etc.. and stuff like that work. then in the main loop we put SetupSRL so it sets up that include, but we DO NOT want to repeat it so we put it before the repeat. OK, now that we have that settled lets talk about the script :P this is a good script, but the only thing is, it drops all ores. what if we have a few things in our inventory we don't want it to drop? like an axe or something for example? heres how we'd do that:

program Auto;
{.include SRL/SRL.scar}
begin
repeat
MMouse(x,y,0,0);
wait(100+random(50));
Mouse(x,y,0,0,true);
until(InvFull);
end;
procedure Drop;
begin
DropTo(2,28);
end;
begin
SetupSRL;
repeat
RepeatClicking;
Drop;
until(false);
end.

now look at procedure Drop. we have DropTo(2,28) once inventory is full, it will drop everything in slot 2 of your inventory through 28. so it will drop inventory slots 2 3 4 5 6...etc... 24 25 26 27 28. you could change it to DropTo(3,27) or (3,28) or whatever you want. just make the slots you make it drop you don't have your valuable items in like a pick axe or something like that. Moving on..
OK Now lets do something really fun and do an auto talker! Now I'll just go straight to the example and explain after:

program New;
{.include SRL/SRL.scar}
const
Message1 ='This Uber Tut Is Made By JAD!';
Message2 ='JAD is the Uber of Uberness!';
Message3 ='You are doing very well reading this Uber Tut by JAD!';
procedure AutoTalk;
begin
if(IsFKeyDown(2))then
begin
TypeSend(Message1);
end;
if(IsFKeyDown(4))then
begin
TypeSend(Message2);
end;
if(IsFKeyDown(5))then
begin
TypeSend(Message3);
end;
end;

begin
SetupSRL;
repeat
AutoTalk;
until(IsFKeyDown(12));
end.

Now we have a pretty cool script if I do say so myself. I like this script because it talks about
how uber I am :p ok now lets get back on topic lol. now I'll explain this step by step. what we have here is an auto that while the script is running, if we press F2, F4 or F5, it will type a message! as you can see, i made the F2 key type the first message, F4 types the second message, and F5 types the last message. and i made this script repeat itself until we press the F12 key. convenient eh? well the IsFKeyDown checks if a FKey is down, and the number is which F key. the reason i didn't use F1 and F3 was because those open things when you press them, like if you press F1 it opens the SCAR manual. and What typesend does is it types with random timing between keys, very undetectable, and then it presses enter at the end. you can make these messages something like "Buying rune axe 15k!!!" or something like that so you don't have to type while playing runescape :p then Obviously we setup SRL and include it. well I hope that wasn't too confusing. Moving on..
Chapter 2: How to add basic randoms to your scripts.

Anti Randoms, so simple yet Sooo important. in this we will use the examples from above and add randoms to them. heres an example:

program Auto;
{.include SRL/SRL.scar}
procedure DoAntiRandoms;
begin
FindTalk;
FindNormalRandoms;
if (FindFight = true) then
begin
RunAwayDirection('N');
Wait(10000 + random(2000));
RunBack;
end;
end;
begin
SetupSRL;
repeat
MMouse(x,y,0,0);
wait(100+random(50));
Mouse(x,y,0,0,true);
wait(500+random(250));
DoAntiRandoms;
until(InvFull);
end;
procedure Drop;
begin
DropTo(2,28);
end;
begin
repeat
RepeatClicking;
Drop;
until(false);
end.

OK now don't freak out and say this is to complicated or to advanced, its very simple actually. here lets break this down. first we have FindTalk. all this does is if it finds a talking random, it talks to the random and solves what they want for the most part. easy right? now we have FindNormalRandoms which does almost the same thing as FindTalk, except it finds other non talking randoms. this is a little more complicated, but you're smart so i think you can get it :) so now we have if (FindFight = true) then begin
what that does is if it finds that we are in a fight with a random, it will begin the next part which makes us run away. not lets talk about the part that makes us run away :) RunAwayDirection('N'); what this does is it runs away in the 1 letter direction 'N' which is north. you could put 'N' 'E' 'S' or 'W' doesen't matter unless there's something away in that direction. you following me so far? hopefully you are :) now we have the last part of that, which is simple.
Wait(10000 + random(2000)); makes it wait 10-12 seconds once it runs away so the fighting random goes away. then we have RunBack; which obviously runs back to where we were. and we don't put the DoAntiRandoms procedure in the main loop because we called for it to repeat while we are mining. easy enough right? Now we have a script that auto's something, drops it, repeats, and finds randoms! isn't this cool? maybe I'm the only person that gets exhilarated from reading this stuff, but to me its just so exciting! lol. moving on..
Chapter 3: How to make a progress report.

once again we are going to use the example from above. here we are lets just wing it then I'll explain :):

program Auto;
{.include SRL/SRL.scar}
var Clicks: Integer;
Loads: Integer;
procedure DoAntiRandoms;
begin
FindTalk;
FindNormalRandoms;
begin
RunAwayDirection('N');
RunBack;
end;
end;
procedure ProgressReport;
begin
ClearDebug;
Writeln('[]========================================[]');
Writeln('---------------->Our Proggy<----------------');
Writeln(' did ' + IntToStr(Loads) + ' Loads' + ' ');
Writeln('---------------------------------------------');
Writeln(' Did ' + IntToStr(Clicks) + ' Clicks' + ' ');
end;
begin
repeat
MMouse(x,y,0,0);
wait(100+random(50));
Mouse(x,y,0,0,true);
wait(500+random(250));
DoAntiRandoms;
Clicks:=Clicks+1;
until(InvFull);
end;
procedure Drop;
begin
DropTo(2,28);
Loads:=Loads+1;
end;
begin
SetupSRL;
repeat
RepeatClicking;
Drop;
ProgressReport;
until(false);
end.

OK now this is starting to look like a script :) we have a progress report now which tells the user how many times it clicked on a tree, rock or whatever your making it click on, and it tells how many loads it did by dropping! this is Great for people telling you on ways to improve your script, and its uber too if you ask me :) now what we did was each time it clicked make clicks=clicks+1 so it adds 1 to clicks. and each time it dropped, it added 1 to drops. then in the progress report we made it write into the debug what they equal, we do put ClearDebug at the top of the progress report because it is going to keep repeating this progress report everytime after it drops, so it will get rid of the old one, and put the newest progress report in :) Moving on..

Chapter 4: How to use and make fail safes.

now this is going to be a short chapter. lets just wing it:

program Auto;
{.include SRL/SRL.scar}
var Clicks: Integer;
Loads: Integer;
procedure DoAntiRandoms;
begin
FindTalk;
FindNormalRandoms;
begin
RunAwayDirection('N');
RunBack;
end;
end;
procedure ProgressReport;
begin
ClearDebug;
Writeln('---------------->Our Proggy<----------------');
Writeln(' did ' + IntToStr(Loads) + ' Loads' + ' ');
Writeln('---------------------------------------------');
Writeln(' Did ' + IntToStr(Clicks) + ' Clicks' + ' ');
end;
begin
repeat
MMouse(x,y,0,0);
wait(100+random(50));
Mouse(x,y,0,0,true);
wait(500+random(250));
DoAntiRandoms;
Clicks:=Clicks+1;
until(InvFull);
end;
procedure Drop;
begin
DropTo(2,28);
Loads:=Loads+1;
end;
begin
SetupSRL;
repeat
if(not(LoggedIn))then
Exit;
RepeatClicking;
Drop;
ProgressReport;
until(false);
end.

now what we changed was if your user is not logged in, it will exit. so this is good because its not continually looking for the color if the script logs out. Moving on...

Chapter 5: How to make a cool signature.

we are nearing the end of the tutorial now :( I have had so much fun talking to you :) well heres the last thing. making a cool signature. I took this code out of my scripts (I put this in all of my scripts :P) well heres the signature that writes into the debug, it's just a way to let everybody know of your uber name :P Here is mine. You should make your own using some of the signs that I used.

procedure Signature;
begin
ClearDebug;
writeln(' JAD willow chopper by yours truely:');
writeln(' __________ / ______ ');
writeln(' |__________| / | ____ ');
writeln(' | | / / | | ');
writeln(' ___ | | / /__ | | ');
writeln(' | | / /____ | | / / ');
writeln(' | / / | |___/ / ');
writeln(' \____|/ / |______/ ');
wait(3000 + random(750));
end;

well there you have it all :) this took me a lot of time to write so feel free to post any kind remarks about my TUT. i hoped all you new scripters learned something :) I've had so much fun with my first tut and i think i may write some more. if you liked this TUT, feel free to +rep me :) it would be appreciated. thanks for reading. if you have any questions or just want to chat add me on MSN: runescapemacro@hotmail.com

Boreas
02-26-2007, 03:48 AM
Good idea. This is like the missing link lol. This should save a lot of questions in scripting help forum from people who just read some beginner tuts and tried to make an RS script.

JAD
02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
thanks a lot boreas :) i saw that i had a lot more views then 1, so if anybody has anything to say about this tut, please feel free :)

threasher
02-27-2007, 01:26 AM
hey JAD, well i mean ur real name which i kno :p anyway, this script did help a lot, i understand it a lot more, i have a couple of questions, but ill talk to you tomorow bout em. good script tho

===========
||
||
||

nikenacke
02-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Hey!

Thanks for a very good guide.

Exactly what I've been looking for. When you have learned the basic you really want to make the scripts less detectable before you try them out.

Thanks again!

Dharok Owns
02-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Good post.

Dharok Owns
02-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Btw I +rep you for the amazing tut. I might even use some of your script in my script(And GIVE CREDIT),of course, im not a leacher lol.

JAD
02-27-2007, 02:47 AM
@Threasher/Kyle my friend in real life. thanks for reading :P and I'll help you out tommorrow.

@NikeNack thanks you very much for the nice feedback :) that really inspires me to write another tutorial soon.. just got to think of what to write though :P

@Dharok Owns thanks for the compliment and i would be honored if you used some of those in your scripts (and of course gave credits :) ) only thing though, instead of double posting, please edit your post because it is against the rules of SRLForums to double post :P

@Anybody who has read this tut and not posted anything. please do so :P it would be greatly appreciated to hear your compliments on how good of a tut this is or even if you were to complain on how much this tutorial sucks, it would still be great to hear from you :P

Maxtriplex
02-27-2007, 03:36 PM
great tut my scripts are now undecteable! unbelieveable i gave you credit for helping me out

JAD
02-27-2007, 03:43 PM
thanks a lot max :) if it was helpful, you could also plus rep me :D

WhoCares357
02-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Very good tut. I'll include this link in my guide so the learners can see some basic SRL commands. This tut should be stickied.

JAD
02-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Awesome WhoCares, thanks for putting that in your uber tut :) what does stickied mean though? sorry for the rather noobish question, but as you can see, I'm kinda new here :p I've just spend A LOT of time on the forums since the time I've been here :) oh and I added your tut to the top of my tutorial so that if people came here first, they know to go to your tutorial first.

WhoCares357
02-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Awesome WhoCares, thanks for putting that in your uber tut :) what does stickied mean though? sorry for the rather noobish question, but as you can see, I'm kinda new here :p I've just spend A LOT of time on the forums since the time I've been here :) oh and I added your tut to the top of my tutorial so that if people came here first, they know to go to your tutorial first.

Lol, it's alright. If you look on my post (tut) you see it's stickied. It has "Stickied" mark on it. Means it will always stay on top before all other tutorials.

JAD
02-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Oh awesome! that would be uber :) I'm currently editting this tutorial to add some more SRL commands to it to help people :)

pwnaz0r
02-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Very good tut. I'll include this link in my guide so the learners can see some basic SRL commands. This tut should be stickied.

I second this sticky vote :) Admin!! See this post :p

JAD
02-28-2007, 02:53 AM
thanks guys for supporting this tut getting stickied :)

Pwnt by Pwnt
03-03-2007, 06:04 AM
hey JAD this helped a lot! im making an autowoodcutter and its pretty basic right now... it doesnt like have anti ban or like right click than left or look for ('chop') or anything... so if u could help me with that stuff i would really like that :)

EDIT: ok i fixed most of everything like i said on my script thingy... and also i forgot to :spot::spot::spot: you so... here u go :) :spot::spot::spot:

JAD
03-03-2007, 04:42 PM
thanks :) and if you need any help, you can just pm me the script and I'll try to help you out. this is a pretty good tut to start doing power choppers/miners though because you can make it click the rock/tree then drop :) I think I'm going to add an SRL command in explanation IsUpText or one of those, so you can check if chop is up or something. thanks for posting :) and don't forget to plus rep me if you liked tutorial ;)

RudeBoiAlex
03-03-2007, 05:12 PM
in say this should be stickiyed to it help me a great lot

JAD
03-03-2007, 05:26 PM
thats 3 for sticky! :p thanks alex.

RudeBoiAlex
03-03-2007, 05:41 PM
np thank u for the gr8 guide

IEatJ00erBaybees
03-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Wow. One of the better tutorials I have ever learned.

You know what makes this such a great script?

It's the fact that A LOT of the content is explained in english (grammar, spelling , word use) that a first grader could understand. (compliment).

I really enjoyed this. One thing you could explain though is what procedures and what not came from includes. Sometimes you snuck things in there that I couldn't find.

But Thanks a bunch!

IEJB

JAD
03-04-2007, 08:46 PM
thanks for the compliment, sorry I had a little trouble understanding what you said at the end though :p what could use more explaining did you say?

IEatJ00erBaybees
03-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Alright, let's put it this way.

You can find procedures in different includes, right?

Sometimes you snuck those procedures in, without me noticing.

No biggie. Maybe it's something to add to your explanations.

IEJB

JAD
03-05-2007, 01:27 AM
sorry, I still don't get what you mean. you mean I just explained the SRL commands without telling you how the people made the commands?

IEatJ00erBaybees
03-06-2007, 08:31 PM
No, nevermind.

tgeo888
03-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Yay thank you for the tutorial, it really helped

JAD
03-10-2007, 11:19 PM
glad to hear it Tgeo :) thanks for posting.

python
03-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks Man That Help Heaps I Should Be Able To Finish My First Script Now

JAD
03-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Awesome :) glad to be of help. thanks for posting.

ilikegrapesoda72
03-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Thank you much man, is helping me significantly!

JAD
03-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Awesome! glad to hear it :)

thren
04-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Just wanted to say thx for this great tut. It helped me out a lot. :spot: :spot: :spot:

JAD
04-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks! :D

gamerz
04-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Nice tut, it will help when completeing my first script.

JAD
04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Nice tut, it will help when completeing my first script.

Glad to be of help :) I was hoping that this tutorial would teach people Mouse and MMouse before they go to make there first script, and nobody can use it because it will get them banned because they used MoveMouseSmooth, ClickMouse....etc. Thanks for reading/commenting :D

enoyhs
04-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks ;) Some of those will be pretty helpful for me I think ;)

JAD
04-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks ;) Some of those will be pretty helpful for me I think ;)

Glad to be of service :D 2 most definately should, because thats how you move the mouse undetectably and click, and other things you may incorperate in your future scripts too (hopefully) :p Thanks for posting.

PacManFtw
04-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Awesome guide. Especially about using the F keys to trigger auto talking

-PacMan-

JAD
04-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for posting :D Glad it helped you out.

fabis94
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
well tnx JAD this really helped me out!
ill upgrade my Goblin killer script! There are some places i didnt understand but keep it up! Like make more TUTs! Make a tut where you show and explain the stuff that is most used! The things i didnt understand were about siggy making (you must fix that place with siggy!
you didnt write [/scar] at the end Here it is:
...heres the signature that writes into the debug, it really finishes off a script and makes it look cool :
[scar]
procedure Signature;
begin
writeln('program JAD Miner by yours truely: ');
writeln(' _____ '); //you can just put letters after the J but keep them
writeln(' |_____| ');//inside the ('')'s.
writeln(' __ | | ');
writeln(' \ \| | ');
writeln(' \__ / ');
end;
well there you ... And i want to ask question about fail safes! Its when you put if not logged in then exit and after it it writes RepeatClicking! It is like exits and repeats clicking lol

JAD
04-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Well, about the clicking thing. If you only have 1 procedure in the main loop, then its just going to exit out of it and then (If you have it repeating in the main loop until false or something) it will go back to it because it does the next thing in the main loop, which would be the same thing cause theres nothing after it ;)

Do you have any ideas for tutorials that I should write? Because I'd LOVE an idea for a tut, I just can't think of any :p If you get any ideas on what I should write about, please PM them to me! Please don't post your ideas here though, cause I need some fresh ones for tutorials :p Thanks for posting!

P.S. What didn't you understand in the tutorial?

fabis94
04-23-2007, 07:04 PM
only place was about that exit thing! :)

wobbii
04-28-2007, 05:06 PM
hey jad, nice tut man i now know how to use SRL!!. thx alot dude this helped me tonnes

JAD
04-28-2007, 05:47 PM
hey jad, nice tut man i now know how to use SRL!!. thx alot dude this helped me tonnes

Thanks! :D Glad to be of help :D Thanks for posting.

evilwalrus
06-05-2007, 10:29 PM
thank you so much

JAD
06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
thank you so much

np :) Thanks for posting.

farfen
06-06-2007, 01:09 AM
again another great tut
thank you i cant wait till im done wth my script

JAD
06-06-2007, 03:39 AM
again another great tut
thank you i cant wait till im done wth my script

Thanks a lot! :) Can't wait to see your script to!

BobboHobbo
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks JAD, now i got a progressreport from you, Thank you!!

Nice guide 10/10

JAD
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks JAD, now i got a progressreport from you, Thank you!!

Nice guide 10/10

:) Thanks a lot.

letme shoot
06-13-2007, 06:41 PM
:spot: :spot:

JAD
06-13-2007, 10:31 PM

:D lol, thanks :p

hihi12340
06-17-2007, 08:47 PM
If all the many :( tutorials i have read over the last week would help like this one then i would be on my way to my (very basic) first real script with no help. (FYI im a noob here so i dont know how to get the dancing smilie guys put really good and i give you 3 dancing dude smilies:p )

thank you so much!!!!!!

EDIT: can you please tell me where to get those dancing smilies?

JAD
06-18-2007, 12:56 AM
If all the many :( tutorials i have read over the last week would help like this one then i would be on my way to my (very basic) first real script with no help. (FYI im a noob here so i dont know how to get the dancing smilie guys put really good and i give you 3 dancing dude smilies:p )

thank you so much!!!!!!

EDIT: can you please tell me where to get those dancing smilies?

When posting click smilies [More] or whatever under your post :p

Type in :s*pot: for the dancing one (take out the *)

And thanks a lot! Glad to help you on your way =)

You may want to try reading my other tut (links in sig) Learning the things to become a SRL member.

hihi12340
06-18-2007, 01:52 AM
You may want to try reading my other tut (links in sig) Learning the things to become a SRL member

i have read countless tuts and know about bolean and integers and coords.

it hasnt clicked until now

(my smilie pop-up isnt loading properly) :confused:

hihi12340
06-18-2007, 02:20 AM
:spot: :spot: :spot:

:f:

JAD
06-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Lol, thanks :) Glad to help! And next time just use the Edit button if your post was the most recent so that you don't post 2 times in a row.

Sack Jarrow
06-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Schweet UBER

JAD
06-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Schweet UBER

Thanks! :D

minerdude111
06-20-2007, 01:50 AM
hi, im new to SRL, ive been using the normal scar commands for some time now--MIRACLE im not banned LOL :P so now im trying out SRL and im trying this:

program New;
{.include SRL/SRL.scar}
begin
SetupSRL;
end.
mmouse(262,109,0,0)
wait(100+random(50));
mouse(262,109,0,0,false);

just to see if i can get something. so it says at the bottom successfully executed and what not, but nothing whatsoever actually happens. ill hit the play button, successfully executed, and yet my mouse doesn't move, doesn't click? could you help me out? maybe im doing something wrong :S

(btw i have the latest SRL and SCAR)

thanks

Boreas
06-20-2007, 02:37 AM
SCAR ignores everything after

end.

Camcam
06-24-2007, 07:10 PM
"Now we have a script that auto's something, drops it, repeats, and finds randoms! isn't this cool? maybe I'm the only person that gets exhilarated from reading this stuff, but to me its just so exciting! lol. moving on.." -JAD

Hehehe, it's the same way with me:p It's actually a very cool experience learning.. well.. pretty much a whole new language. Every time I learn something new I almost jump for joy with exitement. And this guide really did help. Very nice(uber) job:spot: :spot: :spot:

JAD
06-24-2007, 07:12 PM
"Now we have a script that auto's something, drops it, repeats, and finds randoms! isn't this cool? maybe I'm the only person that gets exhilarated from reading this stuff, but to me its just so exciting! lol. moving on.." -JAD

Hehehe, it's the same way with me:p It's actually a very cool experience learning.. well.. pretty much a whole new language. Every time I learn something new I almost jump for joy with exitement. And this guide really did help. Very nice(uber) job:spot: :spot: :spot:

Thanks! And glad to hear somebody gets as excited as me about scripting! :D

Ilikepie1995
07-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Nice Tutorial JAD :P i recommend this to beginners.

JAD
07-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Nice Tutorial JAD :P i recommend this to beginners.

Thanks! :)

And that's why it's in the beginner section ;)

aznfire5
07-03-2007, 04:46 AM
looks very good, but i have no experience in scripting what-so-ever, but I am trying to learn, I'll refer to this again when i have gotten some experience in SRL I'm going to start learning now, or at least try, everything about SRL is always so hard for me, i can't learn anything even when they say the step is easy as 1-2-3.

JAD
07-03-2007, 06:37 PM
looks very good, but i have no experience in scripting what-so-ever, but I am trying to learn, I'll refer to this again when i have gotten some experience in SRL I'm going to start learning now, or at least try, everything about SRL is always so hard for me, i can't learn anything even when they say the step is easy as 1-2-3.

DON'T try to learn anything SRL until you have the basics of SCAR/Pascal down ;)

ThePrince
07-04-2007, 07:12 AM
thanks a lot boreas :) i saw that i had a lot more views then 1, so if anybody has anything to say about this tut, please feel free :)

most ownage beginer guide ive ever seen thanks jad its helped me alot even tho im still a noob at it

JAD
07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
most ownage beginer guide ive ever seen thanks jad its helped me alot even tho im still a noob at it

Great! Just keep reading/studying and you wouln't be a noob for long ;)

yamaha317
07-12-2007, 06:32 AM
My god AWESOME Tutorial it is so EASY to understand.

ONLY problem is a few spelling errors here and there, but that is nothing.

JAD FTW! lol thanks

tpm1164
07-14-2007, 03:06 PM
ya i think its fun if i get it.... if i dont then ya, hate it, but ya, for this tut i understood it so it was fun.... it should be stickied. i added some of the stuff to my powerminer(ill give you credit). ill see ya today prolly or tomorrow.

<TPM>

JAD
07-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys :)

thunar
07-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Awesome tutorial, it helped me a lot. I had made like the exact same script you use in it except without antiban/proggress report before I saw it :) kinda odd. It was really helpful.

Jacobdm0
07-17-2007, 02:37 AM
all i have to say:

mooman001
07-18-2007, 08:27 AM

Nice man

l33tstrpwns
07-19-2007, 12:31 AM
ok well i cant really understand anything about the commands, giving it the once over its seams pretty simple but..... where do i get the program to put in the commands?
-please tell me someone- :spot: :spot:

and i have tried to google it so dont go:google:

mooman001
07-19-2007, 11:43 PM
:google: all i have to say about it lol j/k

read this tut HERE (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12154) and have fun!

destroyface
07-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Man this was exactly what i needed for my first script now i can release my beta V1.5 lol TYSM

ill send it to you if you want

dannymet
07-21-2007, 04:11 PM
jad this helped me with the fkeys, and now i wanna make an auto cooker!!
i dont understand where it gets the colors from. for the mmouse it says a load of stuff, but it doesnt tell me how to get the mouse to move to a specific colour. many poeple have things to set the colors at the top, how do i get the scrips you make to be able to do that?

it says "if findcolor"..., what color is this? where do we put the color in the script?

JAD
07-21-2007, 04:58 PM
jad this helped me with the fkeys, and now i wanna make an auto cooker!!
i dont understand where it gets the colors from. for the mmouse it says a load of stuff, but it doesnt tell me how to get the mouse to move to a specific colour. many poeple have things to set the colors at the top, how do i get the scrips you make to be able to do that?

it says "if findcolor"..., what color is this? where do we put the color in the script?

if(FindColor(x,y,15926,MSX1,MSY1,MSX2,MSY2))then
MMouse(x,y,0,0);

That would look for the color "15926". If the color was found, it would save the position of where it found the color to the variables x and y. the MSX1's and stuff are the coordinates box to look for the color in. The ones I put are global variables in SRL for the main screen.

To have the user be able to set it, you'd do something like this:

const
RockColor = 150692; //the color of the rock

if(FindColor(x,y,RockColor,MSX1,MSY1,MSX2,MSY2))th en
MMouse(x,y,0,0);

hoped that helped some :) If not then just keep reading up on it and studying how it works from other people's scripts.

Good luck!

lamatime
07-24-2007, 02:48 AM
Very good tut, by first reading Whocares' tut and then this one, I believe I am ready to start scripting!

michaelo85
07-25-2007, 10:17 PM
10/10, It was so helpful ive only started learning to write scripts yesterday, but with help like yours im leaning so fast, i made two nooby ones today and will add some of the infomation ive learnt from you into tomorrow's scripts. Cheers. I wish i had you for my IT teacher at school

Macrosoft
07-28-2007, 04:43 PM
___ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
/ /\ / /\ / /::\ ___ /__/\ ___ / /\ / /\ /__/\ / /\
/ /:/ / /::\ / /:/\:\ / /\ \ \:\ / /\ / /:/_ / /::\ \ \:\ / /:/_
/__/::\ / /:/\:\ / /:/ \:\ / /:/ \ \:\ / /:/ / /:/ /\ / /:/\:\ \ \:\ ___ ___ / /:/ /\
\__\/\:\ / /:/~/::\ /__/:/ \__\:| / /:/ ___ \ \:\ / /:/ / /:/ /::\ / /:/~/:/ ___ \ \:\ /__/\ / /\ / /:/ /:/_
\ \:\ /__/:/ /:/\:\\ \:\ / /:/ / /::\ /__/\ \__\:\ / /::\ /__/:/ /:/\:\ /__/:/ /:/___/__/\ \__\:\\ \:\ / /://__/:/ /:/ /\
\__\:\\ \:\/:/__\/ \ \:\ /:/ /__/:/\:\\ \:\ / /://__/:/\:\\ \:\/:/~/:/ \ \:\/:::::/\ \:\ / /:/ \ \:\ /:/ \ \:\/:/ /:/
/ /:/ \ \::/ \ \:\/:/ \__\/ \:\\ \:\ /:/ \__\/ \:\\ \::/ /:/ \ \::/~~~~ \ \:\ /:/ \ \:\/:/ \ \::/ /:/
/__/:/ \ \:\ \ \::/ \ \:\\ \:\/:/ \ \:\\__\/ /:/ \ \:\ \ \:\/:/ \ \::/ \ \:\/:/
\__\/ \ \:\ \__\/ \__\/ \ \::/ \__\/ /__/:/ \ \:\ \ \::/ \__\/ \ \::/
\__\/ \__\/ \__\/ \__\/ \__\/ \__\/

ty JAD for the great tut

Zeta
07-31-2007, 07:31 AM
When I try to use MMouse..
Failed when compiling
Line 3: [Error] (3:1): Unknown identifier 'MMouse' in script

I'm using scar 2.03 if that's a problem..

trojan
08-01-2007, 02:51 PM
wow lol this tut is good im currently learning to script and you do a lot of good things in SRl aswell as the varrok lumberjack which i use every night well done mate

Macrosoft
08-09-2007, 12:23 AM
zeta
have you installed srl?

kraft1
08-23-2007, 05:34 PM
this will prove helpful for those who would like to see what they are learning applied to write an actual script.

Aztec hacker
08-31-2007, 02:10 AM
OMFG u teh uber cool man you answered all of my q's thanks so much man!:D :D :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :D
ps i like smiles

I B X R
08-31-2007, 04:05 AM
Hmmm, nice guide. Only thing I would say you need to improve on is grammar.

+rep ;)

nihao454
08-31-2007, 01:13 PM
i've tried to fix scripts that give me errors on the dropto command and it keeps giving me errors ffs.

ckeboss
09-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Wow, This helped me a lot. I am making a script for club live, because there is no more working ones. But I do need a little more help. I added you on MSN. Mine it

Mosesdog2@gmail.com

gothicly2
09-03-2007, 12:26 AM
WOW! Great tut, LOVED IT, and hopefully I learned! (lol)

Toterache
09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey JAD, this really helped me a lot (together with some of the other threads from you :D ). I might start writing my first autoer scribt tomorrow. Maybe i'll post how it went somewhere, who knows.
Thanks for this information and all the other ones too. :D
Toterache

drumstel7
09-15-2007, 01:11 PM
nice tutorial

Boonce
09-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Wow, nice read, I especially liked the part about making it undetectable. Hopefully less RL-ers will get banned. ^_^

das terminator
09-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow, with your tut it all seems so easy, I'm defenately going to try it ;). Thx mate

r3dr4g0n
09-18-2007, 08:40 PM
this has been very helpfull... i remember using it on my first script, till i went inactive for some months and now im back :D

thechaosc
09-28-2007, 12:54 AM
this is quality stuff! bravo on the tut

li_HAM1
10-02-2007, 11:58 PM
thanks learnt heaps

tehkow
10-04-2007, 01:12 AM
:spot: :spot: :spot: :spot:

FOUR DANCING RED GUYS FOR JUU!

kow < thinks this should be stickied

great tut btw :D

slackjaw7
10-12-2007, 12:49 PM

I've been looking for a good manual so i can try and figure all this stuff out. I went through yours Jad and It helped make sense, but i'm a Noob with scripting.
I went down, as i always do to not double post, and found Whocares guide. I've started reading it and man that helps.

Thanks all for the help.

Slackjaw7:eek:

Foxtrott_Foxtrott
10-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks for making this i was looking for a guide like this. Really helped me on ym first script. Thanks.

grimy89098
10-18-2007, 03:59 AM
hey, great tut
it helped alot :D

eXact
10-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Hey!

Thnx alot --> Im finally starting to understand this macro stuff o.0

Eugeniu
10-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the great tut! I think I'm finally beginning to understand SCAR scripting...

SuperRitsu
10-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Nice stuff here.
I'm really new to this SCAR Script stuff so for now I'm just searching around how to make really basic scripts (and trying to figure out how to work existing ones as well.)

JAD
11-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks a lot everyone! Glad you were all helped!

red eyes 20
11-06-2007, 05:58 AM
well i now know a little more but sooo much more to learn,
i do want to write scripts some day though!:stirthepot:
thanks for the tut must have takin quite awhile!

xs_range
11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
thx :spot: :spot: :spot:

Zezi
11-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Lol, good tutorial.

But i hardly think that adding a cool signature is the best advice you can give!!

Although i did steal it ;) :rolleyes:

Raskolnikov
11-09-2007, 04:29 AM
:spot: :spot: :spot: So uber! Good job! I learned so much!

RedDemon815
11-10-2007, 07:15 PM
nice tut ++rep

mjzr
11-12-2007, 12:35 AM
:spot::spot::spot:
this was a big help
i want to start making scripts
but it helps knowing the basics before doing it lol
thanks for posting this :]

DarkEmber
11-12-2007, 03:31 AM
A little hard to read, but I like it.
I kept using MoveMouseSmoothEx to look realistic, but MMouse takes so much less time, also needed to learn how to use antirandoms and failsafes.:D

Only one question, why doesn't Exit bold for me? I have all the recent SRL updates:confused:

nub on the run
11-14-2007, 03:16 AM
You're my new hero for this tutorial! :D :spot: :spot: :spot:

Matsetst
11-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Thank you! You helped me.

unl
11-15-2007, 08:32 PM
this helps alot :D got much further now :D

Jacobdm0
11-16-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks so much for this Tut!

+rep to you!

big boy6
11-17-2007, 10:39 PM
ty i needed those!

-Spartan-
11-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Very awesome tut. Really does teach things that other beginner tuts dont teach. Will be very helpful in creating my first script (soon enough) probably gonna include some credits to you ;)
Thx :)

zennext
11-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the tutorial! Helped me make my first script :)

Scaper
11-20-2007, 08:08 PM
wow this has answerd alot of Q's foe me a uber tut i love it thanx man

kaledkoro
12-03-2007, 09:46 PM
great tut

dddddd
12-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the great guide this will really help me as im trying to make my first script right now

hamster
12-07-2007, 11:59 PM
awesome tut, thanks :-)
I've made a few scripts already

shaheerpak
12-09-2007, 02:59 AM
wow :) awsom threat thank you

RsWasteHack
12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Great tut , wow that was alotta reading but helped :D

chewgun
12-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Another great tutorial from you!

I actually came to understanding color and coordinates.

I got a bit lost on WhoCares' tut(but his is awesome too!)but yours slowly spelled it out for me.

Thanx for another genius tutorial.

joshuaman76
12-11-2007, 01:45 AM
thx for the guide i like the info

decide
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
:spot: :spot: :spot: for sure man. excellent tutorial. you know, between your's and pwnaz0r's tutorials, you guy will have me scripting in no time :]. What I actually want to start to do, and I read that someone else did this (probably on this forum, lol), is print out some scripts and read them and make notes, once I wait my week and can download scripts are there any superb ones that I should read. Ones that would teach me the correct way to do things?

decide

pk ownage94
12-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks JAD for a great tutorial, it helped me a lot-I'm trying to learn how to script :p :) :) :) :)

Dusk412
12-24-2007, 03:43 AM
JAD this is the greatest thing since string cheese lol :D. Omg you singlehandedly answered almost all the questions I had about SCAR after reading a beginner tutorial. I could not figure out how to do this stuff so did like 3 more beginner tuts, learned nothing, and then I found this... This should definitely be stickied if my opinion counts because every newcomer to SRL needs to know this and I only found it because I stumbled upon it by accident. Thank you JAG, I will rep you!
- Dusk412

beezelabus
12-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Awesome section ... helps out alot!! Love the Forum!!
:D

JAD
12-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Thank you JAG, I will rep you!
- Dusk412

Haha, JAG :p

Thanks a lot though guys for your support! It makes me feel like my time was worth it if I helped all of these people get off to a start in SCAR scripting.

Thanks again.

Shawn1533
12-25-2007, 12:18 AM

grekory5
12-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Hi JAD, awsome tut, but there is one thing that doesnt work. I added the DropTo thing to my script and it says [Error] (14714:1): Unknown identifier 'DropTo' in script. How can i fix this? Other than that AWSOME TUT!!!

Kosaki
01-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for a great tutorial!

JT MONEY
01-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Great TUT:spot: :spot: :spot: , but one thing im having problems with is when i put in MMouse, my mouse moves super slow. Can you explain what ive done wrong, and how to fix this problem?

Thanks

JAD
01-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Great TUT:spot: :spot: :spot: , but one thing im having problems with is when i put in MMouse, my mouse moves super slow. Can you explain what ive done wrong, and how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Try changing the mouse speed like so

MouseSpeed := x;

replace x with the number you want the mouse speed at. the lower the number the faster, higher, slower mouse.

Hi JAD, awsome tut, but there is one thing that doesnt work. I added the DropTo thing to my script and it says [Error] (14714:1): Unknown identifier 'DropTo' in script. How can i fix this? Other than that AWSOME TUT!!!

Pretty sure srl changed the DropTo function to DropToPosition now, idk why they changed the name.

Thanks everybody!

The Voices
01-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Try changing the mouse speed like so

MouseSpeed := x;

replace x with the number you want the mouse speed at. the lower the number the faster, higher, slower mouse.

this happened to me - i think because i forgot to do include SRL.scar :duh:

very useful tut btw :)

mikevskater
01-19-2008, 08:12 PM
WOW, Thank you very much JAD, now these are the kind of tuts that help people understand SCAR... (not when people make 12 different threads about the same stuff....) i also appreciate your other tut as well (should've thanked in there, o well) oh yeah, is your msn name right? or have you just not been on in the past week?

EDIT: This really needs a sticky! Admin, you should mabey think about it?

Willinator39
01-21-2008, 12:39 AM
This is sort of an oxy-moron. :p

A beginners tut about what the beginners tuts dont teach you.

Rriku113
01-22-2008, 05:04 AM
Nice guide I now know how to make an autotalker!

Pure1993
01-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Haha, intresting how the rating with the dancing smielis doesn't even make negativ feedback possible, but after reading your tut, there is no need for any smeilis that would stand for negativ feedback, so here is my rating::spot: :spot: :spot: and not to forget: rep++ ^^
Okay, now I managed a tut on variables, on constants, on mouse movements, Color finding, and adding basic randoms.. enough for one days work. :)

bumbles
01-29-2008, 12:46 AM
AMMMMMMAZZZZZZZING
++REP

THIS IS AWESOME

THANKS JAD :))))))))))))))))

I have an UBER SCRIPT NOW CHACHING lol

blacksonic2
01-31-2008, 12:20 AM
thanks dude, you helped with a ton of stuff i was having problems figuring out :)

exppo
02-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Amazing, I suppose.

nasty
03-04-2008, 12:05 PM
thnx a lot,
im really starting to understand the scripting,
only thing to do now is make one ;)
at least trying ^_^

donkeynpuss
03-06-2008, 07:44 AM
very helpfut ty i want 2 b able 2 download an auto and start autoin

BlackWarrior
03-06-2008, 07:56 AM
thats 3 for sticky! :p thanks alex.

Thanks for the help JAD although being a first time poster I do have quite good knowledge of SCAR :D
But this would help even the people who are experienced in SCAR so im'a give it a:

WELL DONE & keep up the good work we can always rely on people like you to help make the learning curve more easier than what it seems :)

All the best ;)

BlackWarrior

Dracody
03-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Its awsome! Read once most of the tutorials but never read anything like this hehe as the guy above said, this is a tut about what other tuts dont have lol , its really nice and helpfull because now ill be able to make the scripts so undetectable :p

jon_071
03-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Wow! Just... wow you have NO idea how much all of this has helped me. You know what they say, you learn new things everyday.

Thanks alot, JAD.

EDIT:

http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/smilies/spot.gifhttp://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/smilies/spot.gifhttp://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/smilies/spot.gif

thedetro125
03-06-2008, 10:36 PM
could you post some "bored human" tactics for autoing, as in a random xp check drag mouse over xp for a minute or something move it around, make shapes with mouse, or examine random things?

jiggypwner
03-14-2008, 12:55 AM
I dont know what is going on, my script dosent recognize the dropto command
help

Pwnt by Pwnt
03-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I dont know what is going on, my script dosent recognize the dropto command
help

DropTo was taking out of SCAR/SRL because there are better ways to do it now :) I might make a newer version of one of these cuz... why not? :D

AzulDrake
08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanx alot for this. Like you said, alot of the other newbies tuts, teach old/detectable commands. This realy helped alot. I'm glad I did not try the other tuts on RS :)

Minkino
09-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Hey awesome tut why isn't it stickied, could you update if possible, everyone whose read all the other tuts that say the same thing should read this.

masterBB
10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Nice tut, helped me a bit.

Rep++ :spot::spot:

plz update it.

paddiekiller
10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
thanks i really needed the help

Alligaattor
10-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice but mayby more details and it would be great.I wanted to learn how to put progres report to script and learned something from this but not all.

maksimka
12-21-2008, 12:02 AM
very nice tut. adds on to the basics =] helped me alot, thanks

designed by
12-21-2008, 03:09 AM
Thank you sooo much I was so confused on the {.include SRL/SRL.scar} and SetupSRL. With more tuts like this I will be scripting in no time

Riffe
12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Is this up to date?

imported_J_MASTER
01-07-2009, 01:32 AM
hey this was very helpful but.....
when I tried to make one of the auto clickers it wouldn't work even at the begining! so plz help me! im new btw
program AutoMiner;
{.include SRL/SRL.scar}
begin
repeat
if(FindColor(254,232,3030371,0,0,0,0)then
MMouse(x,y,0,0);
wait(100+random(50));
Mouse(x,y,0,0,true);
until(InvFull);
end;
procedure Drop;
begin
DropAll;
end;
begin
SetupSRL;
repeat
RepeatClicking;
Drop;
until(false);
end.

Error line 6, variable unexpected in the script
idk how to fix it, im trying to make something that right clicks the general store guy in the gnome copter tours, then buys 27 tinderboxes, then walks to the deposit box, and repeats
And i cant even click the guy! help!

wizidon
01-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Wow, this was a perfect second tutorial!
I just finished readings whocare's tut, and was wondering what to do, when i found this tut.

This is the first time i've ever programmed in my life, and these tuts are great!!!!!

bank
02-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks JAD your awesome!:f:

nomad
03-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Probably the best tutorial I have read so far, explains things in depth.

Really Great! :spot: :spot: :spot: