PDA

View Full Version : Literature Review

Becks
04-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Hey guys, I have to wright a 5 page literature review for one of my college courses and I am hands down one of the worse writers out there... I was wondering if anyone could give a general idea on what a literature review entails... like for example what are a few questions I could ask myself while reading through my sources that would allow me to collect the correct information that would be important enough to include in my paper.

Becks :santa:

Smartzkid
04-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Sorry I can't give any advice, but a good place to search & ask would be the Writers StackExchange Site (http://writers.stackexchange.com/)

Flight
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
So you're supposed to write a review on someone else's piece of literature? Or are you making a piece yourself? Either way, maybe I can, at the least, give a few pointers or suggestions.

Becks
04-27-2011, 12:42 AM
So you're supposed to write a review on someone else's piece of literature? Or are you making a piece yourself? Either way, maybe I can, at the least, give a few pointers or suggestions.

write a review on someone else's piece of literature

alach11
04-27-2011, 07:49 AM
This completely depends on what kind of literature you're analyzing. Have you decided what work you're going to write about?

You want to look at themes, symbolism, motivations of the author, style, and more. To deeply analyze some really great works would require 100's of pages, not just 5.

Becks
04-27-2011, 09:09 PM
This completely depends on what kind of literature you're analyzing. Have you decided what work you're going to write about?

You want to look at themes, symbolism, motivations of the author, style, and more. To deeply analyze some really great works would require 100's of pages, not just 5.

yeah I know this is only for a 200 lvl course.. I'm reviewing 6 pdfs on prisons in the usa. and have to write a lit review on them

http://academic.evergreen.edu/curricular/atpsmpa/HandoutLiteratureReviews.htm

i found this. thanks for the help guys.