PDA

View Full Version : [R2]Super Artisan Workshop Smither

x[Warrior]x3500
05-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Super Artisan Workshop Smither

Intro/Background:
Its been a long time since i released something to the public. Lately, i have been trying to get 70 smith (so i can do king of the dwarves quest). I decided i would use the Artisan Workshop to gain my 12 levels (58 to 70). Obviously, i could not do it legit, so this script was created. Yesterday, i finally achieved my goal, and decided i would share this with anyone else who wanted to gain smithing levels through this activity. Today, was spent trying to add multiplayer and a proggy (because these were not needed before and i thought yall might like to have it). so here it is...

Features:
- Only does the bars on the top floor! (no swords or cannons, etc)
- Supports up to Addy bars (i only have 70 smith ;) ) mainly tested on Iron bars
- Supports both equip-able and non-equip-able hammers

------No Breaking as of yet... never needed it so i completely forgot about it :) . so don't run this script for too long (unhuman like).

How to use:
1. Simple, just start in this position:
http://oi53.tinypic.com/egzrzs.jpg

2. Make sure u have a hammer on you!!
3. Have the ore already deposited.

Known Bugs:
- I haven't been able to get the multiplayer working right on my computer. It all looks correct to me, but for some reason it won't run correctly -.- .

Change Log

v.1 - Initial Script, added/changed a few things for public release
v.1.1 - changed black hole detection, and dynamic waiting on arrow. some other small fixes
- thanks to ProphesyOfWolf for pointing out those bugs
v.1.2 - added Reflection 2 as main code, color as backup
v.1.3 - added proggy (inspired by Vine Vanquisher). added detection of player leaving area.
v.1.4 - added some antiban/fixed bugs. minor additions also.
- thanks to stupedspam for pointing out some bugs

If you guys want something added, just say so and i will see if i can.

Flight
05-30-2011, 04:11 AM
Ha ha neat'o! I'm gonna give this a whirl soon (even though I'm 99 Smithy). Good job with this mate. :)

Goobs
05-30-2011, 04:35 PM
After long inactivity, I be back! I shall try this out as I need like 1k bars smithed.. Hope it works well! :)

TomTuff
05-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Does this give more exp than simply making armor/weapons at a normal anvil? Is it any faster?

Simtoon
05-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Make goldbars, then make them into gold bracelets. Gives good smithing xp and crafting xp.. Trade the bracelets to Rouge after Summers End :D

x[Warrior]x3500
05-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Does this give more exp than simply making armor/weapons at a normal anvil? Is it any faster?

each bar at AW gives:
iron - 111 to 115 exp
steel - 144 to 150ish exp
mith - 180 to 190ish exp
addy - 305 to 320ish exp

--------------------------------

non-AW exp:

iron platebody = 5 bars = 125exp total = 25 exp per bar
so by using AW, you are gaining about 4.5 times the amount of experience each bar.

steel platebody = 5 bars = 187exp total = 37 exp per bar
so by using AW, you are gaining about 3.9 times the amount of experience each bar

mith platebody = 5 bars = 250exp total = 50 exp per bar
so by using AW, you are gaining about 3.75 times the amount of experience each bar.

addy platebody = 5 bars = 312exp total = 62 exp per bar
so by using AW, you are gaining about 5 times the amount of experience each bar.

--------

analysis:
overall, smithing in the AW is a little slower than non-AW smithing, but FAR better when it comes to the price. A few bars here go way further than they do elsewhere. wanna power lvl: go platebodies. care about your money: use this :)

sources:
http://runehq.com/guide.php?type=calculator&id=0369
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Artisans_workshop

EDIT: after using some calculators and referring to the GE, i found that if i wanted 99 smith and wanted to do it through mith platebodies, i would have to spend 313mil. if i wanted to get 99 smith through AW burial mith armor, i would spend 76mil.

WT-Fakawi
05-31-2011, 05:56 AM
I skimmed through your code. This script will work :) Only one thing you should change; turn some of your procedures into functions returning either True or False in case of success or failure. That way, if anything goes wrong, (and it will cause it always does) your Player wont be hopelessly lost.

Other than that: gj!

grats
05-31-2011, 07:31 AM
x3500;809435']each bar at AW gives:
iron - 111 to 115 exp
steel - 144 to 150ish exp
mith - 180 to 190ish exp
addy - 305 to 320ish exp

--------------------------------

non-AW exp:

iron platebody = 5 bars = 125exp total = 25 exp per bar
so by using AW, you are gaining about 4.5 times the amount of experience each bar.

steel platebody = 5 bars = 187exp total = 37 exp per bar
so by using AW, you are gaining about 3.9 times the amount of experience each bar

mith platebody = 5 bars = 250exp total = 50 exp per bar
so by using AW, you are gaining about 3.75 times the amount of experience each bar.

addy platebody = 5 bars = 312exp total = 62 exp per bar
so by using AW, you are gaining about 5 times the amount of experience each bar.

--------

analysis:
overall, smithing in the AW is a little slower than non-AW smithing, but FAR better when it comes to the price. A few bars here go way further than they do elsewhere. wanna power lvl: go platebodies. care about your money: use this :)

sources:
http://runehq.com/guide.php?type=calculator&id=0369
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Artisans_workshop

EDIT: after using some calculators and referring to the GE, i found that if i wanted 99 smith and wanted to do it through mith platebodies, i would have to spend 313mil. if i wanted to get 99 smith through AW burial mith armor, i would spend 76mil.

wow! that's about 5 times more exp for addy? "addy - 305 to 320ish exp per bar" vs "62 exp per bar"

I'll definitely check this out in a bit

KingKong
05-31-2011, 08:57 AM
lol, cant believe some of you haven't realised how much xp this is, and underneath, you get smithing xp for free!

tarajunky
05-31-2011, 09:03 AM
It's much more xp per bar, but you don't produce anything of value at the end.

For example, making an addy platebody may only get you 62 xp per bar, but you also get the platebody that can be alched for 9984 gp. Since the GE price of 5 addy bars is less than 11,000 you're really "paying" about 1000 gp for 312 smithing xp, plus the 65 magic xp you get from high alching it. The dwarf armor gets you ~320 smithing xp for the cost of one addy ore and SIX coal, ~3500 gp.

So, 312 smith + 65 magic xp per 1000 gp, versus 92 smith xp per 1000 gp.

The other thing to consider is that you put ores into the AW foundry directly. If you used those ores to Superheat bars, it would be even more smith and magic xp per unit of money spent.

Also, if you're using a script the speed of one versus the other matters less, but it would also factor in if you're training it legit.

Flight
05-31-2011, 01:49 PM
It's much more xp per bar, but you don't produce anything of value at the end.

For example, making an addy platebody may only get you 62 xp per bar, but you also get the platebody that can be alched for 9984 gp. Since the GE price of 5 addy bars is less than 11,000 you're really "paying" about 1000 gp for 312 smithing xp, plus the 65 magic xp you get from high alching it. The dwarf armor gets you ~320 smithing xp for the cost of one addy ore and SIX coal, ~3500 gp.

So, 312 smith + 65 magic xp per 1000 gp, versus 92 smith xp per 1000 gp.

The other thing to consider is that you put ores into the AW foundry directly. If you used those ores to Superheat bars, it would be even more smith and magic xp per unit of money spent.

Also, if you're using a script the speed of one versus the other matters less, but it would also factor in if you're training it legit.

+162 GP per nature rune for each alch. :rolleyes:

Doing iron bars here is worth the exp/gp, but remembering correctly the others aren't.

x[Warrior]x3500
05-31-2011, 04:27 PM
+162 GP per nature rune for each alch. :rolleyes:

Doing iron bars here is worth the exp/gp, but remembering correctly the others aren't.

hence why 99% of the testing of this script was using iron bars ;)

tarajunky
06-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Yes, iron is definitely the best return for anything in the Workshop, and you get 100% ingots for ores, unlike smelting iron bars.

Goobs
06-02-2011, 05:15 AM
I am running this right now and I am VERY impressed! I will post a progress report in the morning. Does the multiplayer work well?

x[Warrior]x3500
06-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Does the multiplayer work well?

i can not vouch for the multiplayer working well at all. :( i spent quite a while trying to put it in (read like every tut on here, and followed them exactly), but i just got so many bugs and such that i gave up. feel free to try it out though...

oh and thanks for the compliment XD

Goobs
06-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Alright, in my tired stupor this morning I closed out Simba while trying to get my character unstuck - I noticed just one little bug in the script that can be easily fixed. Sometimes when it goes to click on the deposit hole, it doesn't quite deposit it, so when it goes to withdraw it gets stuck and just sits there. To fix that, change where it says

selectBlackHole;

to

repeat
selectBlackHole;
Flag;
until(false)

that way it makes sure that you deposit everything! :)

Also, you could make some kind of interface check to make sure the ingot screen is open before trying to click the box to make it 28, as coordinate clicking over and over again results in catastrophic character loss. Better yet, make a DTM of the arrow box to make it only do it when that window is open.

Goobs
06-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry for double post - after doing some more thorough reading through of your script, there's one main thing that sticks out to me - you do MouseBox ALOT without checking the uptext to see what you are clicking on. This works, to an extent, but it doesn't compensate for camera angle, and being in the wrong location. I wrote a good tutorial on using TPointArrays to perfectly find any object on the screen, no matter where it is. You could also use reflection, which is easier in implementation but more difficult in acquiring numbers (ID's, mostly). I'm going to modify mine to make it work a little better, and if you would like me to share them with you then I would be happy to :)

x[Warrior]x3500
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Sorry for double post - after doing some more thorough reading through of your script, there's one main thing that sticks out to me - you do MouseBox ALOT without checking the uptext to see what you are clicking on. This works, to an extent, but it doesn't compensate for camera angle, and being in the wrong location. I wrote a good tutorial on using TPointArrays to perfectly find any object on the screen, no matter where it is. You could also use reflection, which is easier in implementation but more difficult in acquiring numbers (ID's, mostly). I'm going to modify mine to make it work a little better, and if you would like me to share them with you then I would be happy to :)

i am refraining from using reflection until reflection 2 comes out. also, i use mousebox primarily when selecting the armor type, the ore type, and the black hole. these three things' x,y chords should remain static, thus no need for any type of detection. and i must say, im sorta suprised that you had an issue in finding the black box (never happened to me). i guess i can just make another tpa for that.

oh one last thing :) the ore selection thing relys on wait(); this issue is more of a personal lag issue. i tuned the wait() so it would work perfectly on my computer but forgot (when releasing it to public) to make a detection for this. srys. i will update this soon.

EDIT: thanks for your input!

EDIT2: changed the black hole function: it now creates a tpa->split ATPA ->finds black hole ATPA -> detects uptext ->detects inventory -> failsafe recursion to make sure it will dump it .

EDIT3: changed the wait() issue with finding the arrows. now it will wait for a specific color (why did i chose color over dtm: simply less resources used, more efficient) that is found within the deposit window. if it is not found, character will return false and log out.

boobooo42
06-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Is this script still being updated? About 15 min in, I think it confused the stairs color with the anvil color, so the script walked me downstairs and was furiously clicking an anvil in the basement.

x[Warrior]x3500
06-27-2011, 07:01 AM
due to the lack of interest and me obtaining my desired smith lvl, i have not updated this script. when i get a chance though, i will look into this.

x[Warrior]x3500
07-22-2011, 05:47 PM
double post:

I have updated this script. even though i could not recreate the problem above, i decided to make this script even better by adding in Reflection 2. now it uses Ref2 as main code, and color as backup.

currently i am running my new script (been going a few hrs). i will post the proggy when finished.

x[Warrior]x3500
08-02-2011, 02:35 PM
well if anyone cares, i updated this. there is a new v1.2 out now. just ran it:

Super Artisan Workshop Smither v. 1.2
By, x[Warrior]x3500
------------------------
Player: *********
Total Bars: 980
Total Time: 168 minutes
------------------------

^ almost 3 hrs. only reason why it stopped was because i ran out of ore.

EDIT:

Super Artisan Workshop Smither v. 1.3
By, x[Warrior]x3500
------------------------
Player:
Total Bars: 1820
Total Time: 330 minutes
------------------------

Home
08-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Moved. Next time if report system won't work. Please PM me or Harry.

Thanks

~Home

stupedspam
08-04-2011, 03:37 AM
Works really well but seams extremely botty.

1. When the instruction changes it instantly click the anvil and hits the middle of the right option. When I play legit most of the time i miss one or hover over the wrong option till i learn that boots =\= chestplate.

2. Some times when it clicks to withdraw ingots it will miss and walk west. I found in testing that it would walk all the way out of the workshop.

These are the major problems, and for a very well written script I think you will be able to fix these.

Thank you and keep it up!
~StupedSpam

x[Warrior]x3500
08-04-2011, 03:43 AM
Works really well but seams extremely botty.

1. When the instruction changes it instantly click the anvil and hits the middle of the right option. When I play legit most of the time i miss one or hover over the wrong option till i learn that boots =\= chestplate.

so if i read this right, it clicks correctly, but, humans dont always do so? i could add an antiban feature that will sometimes hover for a second. but as for me (and everyone else that uses this place A LOT) i know exactly where the options are by memory. this is probably why i did not think of it as being a problem. it is a great idea though. :)

EDIT: i am looking over the code, and i found that i put a 6,6 for randomness in my mouse function here. i will probably just change this to a mousebox function.

EDIT 2: just finished the randomness. now it will click almost anywhere in the box. now time to work on that antiban thing

2. Some times when it clicks to withdraw ingots it will miss and walk west. I found in testing that it would walk all the way out of the workshop

throughout this scripts history, this has been a problem. and after countless tests with my roommate, i have gotten the latest revision to work (removed the problem :) ). this revision is still on his comp though, so i will upload asap.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Artisan Workshop Smither v. 1.4
By, x[Warrior]x3500
------------------------
Player: xelfarcherdv
Total Bars: 952
Total Time: 183 minutes
------------------------

newest version released: 1.4
major upgrades: added the more human-like selecting of armor types. fixed the bug that walks to the mining guild.
lots of minor/invisible updates

stupedspam
08-10-2011, 10:29 PM
By, x[Warrior]x3500
------------------------
Player:
Total Bars: 84
Total Time: 18 minutes
------------------------
Successfully executed.

Well done!

Few problems, mostly from the new update and old hooks, it is either skipping the deposit step or it's not detecting a full inventory correctly.

I manually deposited twice and it would go and withdraw ingots and bang out armor, then stand there and do nothing. This almost pots toward your Step Three or Black Hole Procedures.

It might even be the FinishedBars Function or the IronDTM.

I hope this helps, and keep up the great work!
~StupedSpam

Edit: Never mind on all the above... It works great now. Just re-updated my Hooks.simba.

By, x[Warrior]x3500
------------------------
Player:
Total Bars: 252
Total Time: 41 minutes
------------------------
Successfully executed.