PDA

View Full Version : [R+C]de B's Nardah Log Burner

mat_de_b
06-11-2011, 09:19 PM
What Does It Do?
Burns every kind of log in Nardah, a desert town (the only on with a bank)

Why Nardah?
Nardah is only famous because it is the third nearest bank to range/fire/cooking thing. Apart from that its a silent as a ghost town.

What Does That Mean To You?
No other people - No one else is trying to make fires in your spot.
No one tries to report - You can bot pretty much without breaks :D

What Makes it Awesome?
Start Anywhere in Nardah! Reflection Web Walk will get you where you need to be.

Everything but walking and randoms is colour. No pesky Hook updates for us.

Print on Smart

Breaks, Failsafes, the whole lot.

I'm getting around 90k (i have gotten >120K using a version without fail safes) an hour using maples. That's around 660 logs per hour!

http://i.imgur.com/7KCVO.png

Sorry for only taking the pic at 1Hr. I'm pretty much changing it all the time I'm not revising for my GCSEs. The longest run so far is about 2Hrs. I ran it overnight last night but it got caught in a random in under 2 Hrs :(

For example thats 'FireMaker5' The one I'm uploading is FireMaker7

Setup <---- Not on Script

Logs in first slot in first bank tab
Tinderbox in Second slot in first bank tab (in case of randoms)
Tinderbox first slot in inventory
Be Somewhere in Nardah

Things I Might Change

Using Tinderbox ID/DTM to make sure its clicking the tinderbox every time. a couple of iterations ago something happened and the tinderbox got dragged to a different spot, stopping the script.

Using Log ID/DTM To find the logs in the bank. I think one iteration has a list of all the ID's I just thought is was faster and cleaner to use 'Withdraw(0,0,0);'

------------------------------------------------------------

I cant thank all the people I need to thank because there are far to many. I've pretty much taken bits and bobs from nearly every script on here. I read the procedures and functions, change them for what I need and put them in the script. Its probably about 60% me and 40% bits from you guys that I've changed

------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 12/06 - Changed bits and bobs. Made it more reliable after randoms (Changing angle and compass direction). Other things as well but thats the most important addition.

Nava2
06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
No waterskins?

mat_de_b
06-11-2011, 09:32 PM
In desert towns, you don't need water skins. Only in the actual desert.

Thanks To Lancelot for telling me about my details ;)
If your tinderbox moves from spot 1 then it will break, but if the tinderbox stays in spot 1 or doesn't exist (dropped) its fine.

mat_de_b
06-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Just wanted to say that I've changed the script once again, and on this most recent edition over night i got a 7Hr proggy which I'm very happy with

The EXP/Hour is Broken It jumps into the 100,000s when it takes a break don't know why

http://i.imgur.com/LeHOK.png

It was stopped by a random and apart from that ran smoothly I was using 2 Hour sessions with 15 minute breaks and i averaged 67 ish K an hour

Yago
06-14-2011, 08:27 PM
The EXP/Hour is Broken It jumps into the 100,000s when it takes a break don't know why

That would happen to me when I would use logut then login. Instead use logout then nextplayer(true) or switchtoplayer(currentplayer true) or something like that.

mat_de_b
06-15-2011, 10:07 AM
If i'm using one character will i need to setup a second character array? as in so that when it switches to the next player it has a player to switch to? Or will it logout player 1 then search for the next player going back to 1 when it finds no other players?

Thanks for the tip, Dom

= de Bs Log Burner =
State : Walking To The Bank
Logs Burnt = 4527
EXP Made = 611145
EXP/Hour This Break = -481684
Time Running = 09h 35m 48s

mat_de_b
06-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Logs Burnt = 5760
EXP Made = 777600
EXP/Hour This Break = -336621
Time Running = 12h 13m 40s

masterBB
06-17-2011, 09:40 AM
For your xp problem; You will also count the totalLog var one up if it doesn't succeed making a fire.

mat_de_b
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Checking it now one moment.

EDIT: i think a solution is this.

replace the part where i increase total logs and logs and then write a progress report with this.

If Not GetMyPos = Start Then
Begin
Log := Log + 1 ;
TotalLogs := TotalLogs + 1 ;
BreakLogs := BreakLogs + 1 ;
ProgressReport;
End
Else
Begin
WriteLn('Timed out/ failed trying again')
End;

So the when the loop which detects the movement from the fire ends, if you did infact move it will say you made a fire otherwise it will realise that the firemaking timed out (other solution to the loop) and try to make another fire.

However if you time out you will still have put the log down to light it (if that part was completed) meaning that you will have wasted a log.

EDIt: Sorry about capital bolds and single space's for indents, i wrote all of my scripts like that for AGES and i'm only now beginning to stop my self :S

masterBB
06-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Would you appreciate it if I will clean up your code tomorrow? Clean up the timers and such.

mat_de_b
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
appreciate would be an understatement, however please tell me everything that you will be doing/ have done.

I guess you mean using inc(x) rather than x := x + 1 ? and using regular standards?

I'm thinking of going through it and completely rewriting certain segments into functions and just improving the whole fire finding/ free space finding code.

I was going to do it a couple of days ago but it was one of those ' I really cant do anything today' days and it works pretty reliably currently. The only errors are - its ugly, sometimes something will cause logs (the position where it looks for logs in the invo to go over 28 causing the script to break) and a problem i cant solve if you start the script just to the north of the bank, where it thinks you are in the bank.

masterBB
06-17-2011, 05:07 PM
appreciate would be an understatement, however please tell me everything that you will be doing/ have done.

I guess you mean using inc(x) rather than x := x + 1 ? and using regular standards?

I'm thinking of going through it and completely rewriting certain segments into functions and just improving the whole fire finding/ free space finding code.

I was going to do it a couple of days ago but it was one of those ' I really cant do anything today' days and it works pretty reliably currently. The only errors are - its ugly, sometimes something will cause logs (the position where it looks for logs in the invo to go over 28 causing the script to break) and a problem i cant solve if you start the script just to the north of the bank, where it thinks you are in the bank.

Got a new job today. They want let me work tomorrow, so I think it may have to wait. Unless I can do it in the morning.

I wanted to do:
Making a logical timer system and just clean up the standards and unused vars.
The inc(var) is more of a personal chose, not a req.

mat_de_b
06-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Logical timer system? for what exactly? progress reports? timeouts?

I've starting using inc(x) more often as i think it looks nicer, it requires a little more math to work out how long something will work for and doesn't allow you to change that time length accurately if say i'm waiting 500 and only increasing the var by 1 i can obviously only choose a timeout option that is a multiple of 500, which isn't tough due to it being a round number but still..

ry0240
09-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Is this updated to R2 yet?

Incarceron
11-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Does this work after the update?

Kave
11-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Does this work after the update?

Nope.

{$i Reflection/Reflection.simba} <--- Not working.

Damage 1nc
11-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Hope this firemaker is remade without using Reflection soon =)