PDA

View Full Version : [Utility] Path Creator with SPS support (reflec coming)

Wolygon
06-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Hello, I present to you a path creator.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Wolygon/Capture.jpg

The coding is poor and done in VB.NET, but its something.

People report that the points may not exactly correlate correctly. This a problem SPS_GetMyPos with if I am correct.

Also, SPS_GetMyPos isn't 100% accurate so it won't be exact. It also doesn't work well in certain areas which causes it to return a position that's no where near where the player actually is.

Features:
Dynamically re-sizable window.
Jump to towns (Varr, Fal, Lum, Ard, Seer)
Shows the extents of the minimap
Allows replacement of points

Instructions

To download, download "Path Creator Vx.x.exe" from the bottom of this post.

To use this you must first locate your SPS map:

C:\Simba\Includes\SPS\img\runescape_surface\runesc ape_surface.png

You can make a copy of that image and name it "runescape_surface_map.png" .
Then put it in the same folder as the Path Creator.

OR

You can click on the "New Image" button in the Path Creator and browse to the image.

Click some points and try to keep them inside the circle (that is the MM) then press the "Click to generate" text box. It will display the path and also save it to the clipboard.

To replace a point select it in the right list and press replace then choose a new point for it.

To Move around the map you can either:
- use the scroll bars
- or Click and drag on the map to pan

To jump to towns click on the towns name.
To re-size the windows grab it from the edges of the form.

To choose a new image, press "New Image".

It is possible that you will require a VB redistributable (from MS site) though I'm unsure. Also I have not tested the accuracy of the paths though they should be good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v0.4 extra features:
-Replaced town buttons with a combobox (suggest towns that you would like to see added)
-Fixed the error when pressing "Redraw" with no points
-Added reflection support (may not be accurate) using the following conversion:

function SPS_PixelToPoint(pixel: tpoint): TPoint;
begin
Result.X := Round(2093.5 + (pixel.X / 4));
Result.Y := Round(3776.0 - (pixel.Y / 4));
end;

v0.5 extra features
SPS_Areas support!

v0.6 updated
Put in the new map for SPS. Also the new conversion for reflection is:

begin
Result.X := Round(2044.5 + (pixel.X / 4));
Result.Y := Round(4158.0 - (pixel.Y / 4));
end;

v0.7 panning
The ability to pan around the map has been added.

v0.8 updated
When in reflection mode the list view now displays the path tiles and not the SPS pixels.

v0.9 updated
The program now gets the map from an external file. Also the ability to use a different image has been added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats about it,
Thanks

Wolygon
06-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Post Edit Log:

14/6/11 - Public release v0.3

14/6/11 - v0.4 released

I have created this application because SPS does not have any path making support. I thought that I would add in reflection paths however I am unsure on the conversion from map co-ords to tiles so it will have to wait.

15/6/11 - v0.5 released

Also with the naming discrepancy I am in the process of trying to change my name in this thread:
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61746&page=3&highlight=change
However it seems to be taking a while...

It is currently unable to generate the "SPS_Areas" so this will have to be done manually. The reason for this is because the tiles are not just 500x500 tiled chop outs of the main map (they overlap, etc). This means I would have to find the co-ords of all the squares (~150) on the main map (a lot of time). Hopefully someone (Marpis) knows this information already.

20/10/11 - v0.6 released

It is designed for SPS however it also supports reflection.

The coding is poor, repetitive and crude especially since I've never done half the things that were required. But it works, which is the main thing. I'll be able to improve it though I'm a bit strapped for time so I thought I'd release it even though it isn't perfect.

Also its only done in VB.NET as I'm not good enough for C++, yet.

20/10/11 - v0.7 released

22/10/11 - v0.8 released

23/10/11 - v0.9 released

11/04/12 - Updated page information

The reflection paths 'may' not be fully accurate.

The program does not include the map, you must get it from here (right-click, save link location as...):
https://github.com/Coh3n/SPS/blob/9d0ce631104e5634e96539e8ba85688737cbe928/img/runescape_surface/runescape_surface_map.png
Now put this image in the same folder as the program.

Redraw:
If you draw a path and then scroll until your path is off the screen, then scroll back you will not be able to see your path. Click redraw to show it again. Hopefully I'll find a solution for this, one that doesn't require 50% of my C2D :redface:.

Dgby714
06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't this work?

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33855

I think marpis's plugin has a TileToPoint or whatever and if not it seems a little simple to make.

Coh3n
06-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Nice! I don't have time now, but I'll check it out later tonight. :)

@Dgby: SPS.simba has a PixelToPoint and PointToPixel (should really be called TileToPoint/PointToTile); although, they're not 100% accurate.

Iamadam
06-13-2011, 11:14 PM
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62360

Wolygon
06-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Wouldn't this work?

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33855

I think marpis's plugin has a TileToPoint or whatever and if not it seems a little simple to make.

Maybe its just be but I haven't been able to find PathMaker for quite a while, I have used it before. It says that it is now included in "Reflection/Tools/PathMaker.exe". I'm assuming this is supposed to be in the Simba folder but there isn't anything in there. If it was I would of figured out how coords are coverted to tiles.

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62360
I thought there might be one already but I did search for it. It was fun making it anyway and in my defense that application extracts to 100MB (why?) and consists of multiple files (mine is one .exe). I can't comment on the user interface as it would just flash a command box that I couldn't read and wouldn't open.

*Realising its your application*: Do you output the SPS_Areas? If so, I'm impressed.

I don't really care if no one finds this useful as it was a good experience.

Nice! I don't have time now, but I'll check it out later tonight.
Thanks for the positive comment, seems like they're pretty rare. :)

I have included a picture of the UI below, note that the window can be re-sized which re-sizes the map area.

i luffs yeww
06-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Wanna add me on MSN? :) panic._@live.com.

Coh3n
06-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I love the UI, nice and neat/organized, just the way I like it. :) I've wanted to make an application like this to further my programming experience, I just don't know what to make. :p I tested it out and it was working great until I got:

[ERROR] GATHERMINIMAP:: Exception: Access violation
That's an issue in SPS and we still don't know why that happens sometimes. I suggest having the option to click and drag the map to move it as well as scrolling. Also, maybe instead of having buttons for the locations (Varrock, etc.) maybe have a combo box so you aren't limited by space as to the number of locations. Other then that I think it's great. :)

I also didn't test the reflection part (not sure if it's working yet?).

Wolygon
06-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Glad you like it :).

I've wanted to make an application like this to further my programming experience
Yeah this project was great. I had never drew graphics and hadn't queried listviews before, so I learned a lot.

I suggest having the option to click and drag the map to move it as well as scrolling. Also, maybe instead of having buttons for the locations (Varrock, etc.)
Excellent suggestions, thanks. Combobox would be so much better then buttons :duh:.

If you would have clicked reflection it would of said "Sorry, no reflection support yet". So no its not working yet as I'm unsure how to convert co-ords to tiles. I could just find some tiles on the map (rsbot) and find their co-ords by inspection however this might not be accurate enough and I don't want to stuff it up.

I've found this code, which will hopefully work well:

begin
Result.X := Round(2093.5 + (pixel.X / 4));
Result.Y := Round(3776.0 - (pixel.Y / 4));
end;

Also hopefully I will be able to add SPS_Areas support soon. Which I'm guessing would be pretty convenient (I haven't used SPS yet). I guess I should contact Marpis for info on the tiles.

Wanna add me on MSN?
Done.

Thanks again.

Coh3n
06-14-2011, 11:01 AM
SPS_PixelToPoint works, but isn't 100% accurate. Maybe you'll be able to tweak it so it is? And yes, SPS_Area support would be VERY convenient. To get the area manually, you have to look through every 500x500 image and find the one you want. Doesn't usually take long, but is just inconvenient.

Iamadam
06-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Shouldn't be 100MB. 10MB at the most, and 99% of that is the bitmap. The actual 'program' is only ~20kb.

But yeah glad you had fun making it :)

Wolygon
06-14-2011, 01:13 PM
v0.4 released

SPS_PixelToPoint works, but isn't 100% accurate. Maybe you'll be able to tweak it so it is? And yes, SPS_Area support would be VERY convenient. To get the area manually, you have to look through every 500x500 image and find the one you want. Doesn't usually take long, but is just inconvenient.

Ok thanks, I didn't know it was inaccurate. I've included it in v0.4 but it warns you, hopefully I can improve accuracy soon. Also I'll work on the SPS_Area support.

Shouldn't be 100MB. 10MB at the most, and 99% of that is the bitmap. The actual 'program' is only ~20kb.
Is my PC just retarded then? *See pic

Coh3n
06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Ok thanks, I didn't know it was inaccurate. I've included it in v0.4 but it warns you, hopefully I can improve accuracy soon. Also I'll work on the SPS_Area support.Great. :)

And for your name change, I reported the post you made on the name change thread so and admin would see it faster. If you ever want the attention of a staff member, the fastest way is to report the post. :) Just a FYI.

Iamadam
06-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Ah ok so somehow the bitmap is 100MB.
Interesting. Ah well, it compresses pretty well =)

Wolygon
06-15-2011, 03:51 AM
v0.5 released

Added SPS_Areas support, it was much easier then I thought. It seems to work fine but there might be some bugs...

And for your name change, I reported the post you made on the name change thread so and admin would see it faster. If you ever want the attention of a staff member, the fastest way is to report the post. Just a FYI.
Haha, thanks for that. :p

Coh3n
06-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Was just using to update the offsets for tile -> SPS conversions. For me, it got the wrong SPS Areas. Said they were 10_2 and 10_3 when they should be 9_2 and 9_3. Here's (http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/29/spscreator.png) an image if you want. :)

Wolygon
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Was just using to update the offsets for tile -> SPS conversions. For me, it got the wrong SPS Areas. Said they were 10_2 and 10_3 when they should be 9_2 and 9_3. Here's (http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/29/spscreator.png) an image if you want. :)

Hey, I've finally been able to check this out, as I've been busy.

From your picture if you check it, all those points are in both the "9_2, 9_3" and the "10_2, 10_3" (since they overlap). Therefore it did not actually fail.

Did "10_2, 10_3" not work for you though? This may be because the final bank point is right on the edge of 10_2. So if "10_2, 10_3" didn't work for you then I'll have to work that in to the program.

Thanks for your feedback.

Coh3n
10-19-2011, 07:25 PM
10_2 and 10_3 are in the wilderness for the latest SPS. Then again, so are 9_2 and 9_3. I think you'll just need to update the map. The latest images will always be available here (https://github.com/Coh3n/SPS).

Wolygon
10-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Its all done. I also had to change the numbers for the reflection conversion.

Thanks for the help.

[EDIT]
Just added panning support in v0.7 BTW, makes it nicer to use.

Coh3n
10-20-2011, 07:10 PM
New version works great. :) Reflection is pretty accurate as well. One thing I suggest is having the real tile values show in the list when using it for Reflection. Right now it still shows the pixels and doesn't show the actual tile until you click generate. In other words, these two points should display as the same:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8414/capturecw.png

Echo_
10-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Great utility, horrible language :p

Good job though

Wolygon
10-21-2011, 04:22 PM
New version works great. Reflection is pretty accurate as well. One thing I suggest is having the real tile values show in the list when using it for Reflection. Right now it still shows the pixels and doesn't show the actual tile until you click generate. In other words, these two points should display as the same:

Thanks for testing it. And also thanks for the suggestion, I've done it and its in v0.8. The code is getting really messy, so I'll have to rewrite it some time.

Great utility, horrible language

Good job though

I know, it is quite lame but I'm too lame to know anything else :mad:. Thanks for the comment :)

Coh3n
10-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Meh I don't think the language matters much. If the program works well and does what it's supposed to, it's a good program in my books. ;)

E: Wolygon, would it be okay if I wanted to include this application with the SPS repository on my github account? I would include it when it's finished, of course, and give you proper credits. This would allow everyone who has SPS to easily access your application.

Also, we'll have to wait and see, but if Jagex really does break Reflection on Tuesday you may has well disable the Reflecation part of the app.

Wolygon
10-22-2011, 05:16 AM
Hey, yeah I'd love for it to be uploaded there. What do you mean by "when it's finished"? What do you think should be added? I don't see too many crucial improvements that I can make.

Also I was wondering, do the SPS maps change periodically, or was it a one off? If they change often then I could try make it so that you can change the image... My biggest worry is about the reflection conversions, as I'm unsure if I'd be able to regenerate them automatically when the map changes (but as you say Reflection 'may' not be a problem).

Ha I didn't even know about the reflection thing with Jagex, we'll see then.

Coh3n
10-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Hey, yeah I'd love for it to be uploaded there. What do you mean by "when it's finished"? What do you think should be added? I don't see too many crucial improvements that I can make.I just meant when it's very stable and you've done pretty much all you can do with it.

Also I was wondering, do the SPS maps change periodically, or was it a one off? If they change often then I could try make it so that you can change the image... My biggest worry is about the reflection conversions, as I'm unsure if I'd be able to regenerate them automatically when the map changes (but as you say Reflection 'may' not be a problem).The maps don't change often, no, but it may not be a bad idea to have the option to load other maps. For example, SPS also has a rune essence map which people would want to use. I also plan on adding more maps such as runecrafting alters and dungeons in the future.

You should just be able to have a menu like File > Load Image or something. Could also just have it load the entire map by default. Or maybe just a "Change Map" button then have the user choose whatever image to load.

For the conversions, I suggest adding two edit boxes: one for the x offset and one for the y offset. After all, it's just an x/y value used to convert points. The offsets (as used in SPS methods) are specified by each "surface" in sps.simba. This way, the user can set the offsets depending on which map their using whether it be the default RS surface, or essence mine. That being said, I wouldn't worry about the Reflection side of it until after Tuesday's update.

Loading any image is what's needed. If you let the user choose the image that would mean the map being used in your application is always updated (i.e. you don't have to update the app every time a map is updated).

Hopefully all that crap made sense. :p

Nava2
10-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I just meant when it's very stable and you've done pretty much all you can do with it.

The maps don't change often, no, but it may not be a bad idea to have the option to load other maps. For example, SPS also has a rune essence map which people would want to use. I also plan on adding more maps such as runecrafting alters and dungeons in the future.

You should just be able to have a menu like File > Load Image or something. Could also just have it load the entire map by default. Or maybe just a "Change Map" button then have the user choose whatever image to load.

For the conversions, I suggest adding two edit boxes: one for the x offset and one for the y offset. After all, it's just an x/y value used to convert points. The offsets (as used in SPS methods) are specified by each "surface" in sps.simba. This way, the user can set the offsets depending on which map their using whether it be the default RS surface, or essence mine. That being said, I wouldn't worry about the Reflection side of it until after Tuesday's update.

Loading any image is what's needed. If you let the user choose the image that would mean the map being used in your application is always updated (i.e. you don't have to update the app every time a map is updated).

Hopefully all that crap made sense. :p

Furthur, load from a default path, then you can ship the image in smaller formats. I'm not sure if VB supports it, but I know FPC will allow you to open most image types and import them into TBitmaps. This would allow you to ship the program as a Binary, and the image separate. The image could be PNG to allow for mad lossless compression!

Coh3n
10-22-2011, 02:50 PM
The images used will be the ones in SPS, which ar already png.

Nava2
10-22-2011, 05:04 PM
The images used will be the ones in SPS, which ar already png.

Meant for the map, unless its built from the SPS images.

Coh3n
10-22-2011, 05:05 PM
The map he uses is in the sps repo and is a png.

Wolygon
10-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Hopefully all that crap made sense.

It did :)

I've done it, it seems to work good. Cut down the exe size a little :p

Nava2
10-23-2011, 02:19 PM
It did :)

I've done it, it seems to work good. Cut down the exe size a little :p

Are you stripping the .exe?

E: Answered my own question by stripping it. Its still the same size. :)

Wolygon
10-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Are you stripping the .exe?

E: Answered my own question by stripping it. Its still the same size. :)

Eh? I don't even know what "stripping" is...

I meant that its a lot smaller since the picture is not included in the exe, and thus I can upload it to this site :)

[EDIT]

Oh I see, the "offsets" are already calculated. Only problem I see is that typing the offsets in every time to use the standard map would be annoying. But maybe I can save them to disk and use a combobox to access different maps, we'll see.

Nava2
10-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Eh? I don't even know what "stripping" is...

I meant that its a lot smaller since the picture is not included in the exe, and thus I can upload it to this site :)

[EDIT]

Oh I see, the "offsets" are already calculated. Only problem I see is that typing the offsets in every time to use the standard map would be annoying. But maybe I can save them to disk and use a combobox to access different maps, we'll see.

stripping removes excess symbols associated with binaries. For example, debug symbols. Here is some more information: http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.16/binutils/strip.html

onilika
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM
wow...didn't knew the existance of such thing. Didn't knew how easy was to create a path. I definitely will take a closer look at this thread and make a simple script color when I get some time!

~UNKNOWN69

Coh3n
10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Oh I see, the "offsets" are already calculated. Only problem I see is that typing the offsets in every time to use the standard map would be annoying. But maybe I can save them to disk and use a combobox to access different maps, we'll see.I wonder if there's some way you can automatically load the offsets for different surfaces and include them all in a labeled combo box. I know you could hard-code them, but that would mean that you would have to update the application every time the offsets update.

Actually, I could probably have them all saved to a text file then sps.simba and the pathmaker can read the offsets from that file. That way only the one file needs to be updated.

E: Not really something to worry about now, though since Reflection doesn't look like it'll be used for a while. I'll test your latest version tomorrow hopefully.

E2: Just tested 0.9 and everything seems good. Couple more suggestions. :p A warning box appears when you run the application saying the image doesn't exist, I'm assuming that means it will load the runescape surface by default if it's found? If so, I suggest adding a menu item to edit the default path. Along with that, an editable SPS Areas Path would be nice also so the proper areas will be generated if you're using a map other than the RS surface.

So basically,

Create a drop down menu (Edit Paths, maybe?) that allows the user to change the default image and SPS Areas file path so the SPS Areas are generated properly.
Set the default path to SPS/img/runescape_surface/
Almost ready to add to SPS. :)

YoHoJo
10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Think new SPS will be ready today? :D :D

Coh3n
10-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Think new SPS will be ready today? :D :DI think most locations work fine still. I'm running LSW perfectly right now. I'm going to be testing the locations that have been reported as failing though.

Also, Grats is working on a new world map as well as the dwarven mine (I think that map includes the resource dungeons).

Coh3n
11-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Wolygon, just so you know, this works well with other maps. ;) Worked perfect for me in the Dwarven Mines.

Was wondering... There are certain points that can appear on two or more SPS Areas due to the 100 pixel overlap. Do you think you could edit your algorithm to include all the areas in your generator?

Right now, VEB appears on 11_7 and 12_7 areas, but your generator only includes 12_7. Having both included makes SPS more accurate. Also, if you can get this done, I may as to use the algorithm in SPS so scripters don't have to set the SPS Areas at all.

tls
11-10-2011, 03:38 AM
I get an out of memory error everytime I try to load the runescape map.

Kyle Undefined
11-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I'll have to try this out :)

onilika
11-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Been checking this out...and...isn't map outdated? It misses the Dominion Tower location...
just a heads up.
Anyways, I'm learning the path maker, taking a look at scripts so I can make a script that cuts and banks.

E: here is the latest Runescape Map. Move to GitHub..( I guess )

http://www.runescape.com/img/main/kbase/downloads_and_wallpapers/map-07november2011.png

Flight
11-11-2011, 03:37 AM
I get an out of memory error everytime I try to load the runescape map.

Same here. Too bad, I was looking forward to working with this today, it's a shame it's broken from the beginning...

Edit:
Actually the "runescape_surface_mag" used in the OP is corrupt. Just download this map (https://github.com/Coh3n/SPS/blob/master/img/runescape_surface/runescape_surface_map.png). That should sort things out.

Coh3n
11-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Actually, I've been working on an updated map that will fix some people's issues with certain locations. Since I've written programs to create the map and pieces automatically, when I make that update, all paths and SPS areas will need to be remade. This is inconvenient, I know, but it's a one time thing as my generator will create the same size map every time from now on.

If you want to get ahead of the game, the new map can be found here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33256273/runescape_surface.png).

'Toxin
11-29-2011, 08:00 PM
This may or may not has been brought up, but the map's co-ordinates are a little off. Trying to make a path using the current map, giving me some troubles however. Seems to me that using SPS_GetMyPos() is working better for individual tiles.

E: I'm assuming they've updated the map ? More than once ?

Coh3n
11-29-2011, 09:52 PM
This may or may not has been brought up, but the map's co-ordinates are a little off. Trying to make a path using the current map, giving me some troubles however. Seems to me that using SPS_GetMyPos() is working better for individual tiles.

E: I'm assuming they've updated the map ? More than once ?Whether or not they've updated the map only matters if the colours change. It's expected that SPS_GetMyPos and the coords on the map will be a little different as it's not 100% accurate, like reflection was.

The points should be relatively close though. See the link in my signature about walking, it just seems that for whatever reason, SPS doesn't want to work very well in some locations.

Yago
12-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Does this still work with the new offsets? Introduced a few weeks ago?

Also, what map do I use?

iCURiP
12-10-2011, 02:11 AM
************** Exception Text **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Button1_Click_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
=/ Get this when i open, do you know how i can fix or is it happening for everyone?

Coh3n
12-10-2011, 05:57 AM
Does this still work with the new offsets? Introduced a few weeks ago?

Also, what map do I use?What offsets? Use SPS/img/runescape_surface/runescape_surface.png.

=/ Get this when i open, do you know how i can fix or is it happening for everyone?Works fine for me. Does that happen when you try and load the map or run the .exe?

Silent
12-10-2011, 09:16 PM
What offsets? Use SPS/img/runescape_surface/runescape_surface.png.

Works fine for me. Does that happen when you try and load the map or run the .exe?

I can confirm it also works for me with that image :)

nubsrevenge
12-20-2011, 01:18 AM
I ran the exe and got this

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ckDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ckHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ck(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba cks()

and then if i tried to use the "New image" button and select the map file it would give me the same out of memory error as post above had stated

E: i was using the link to a picture in the OP but when i used SPS/img/runescape_surface/runescape_surface.png <- that image, it loaded, so maybe update the OP

kevin33
12-22-2011, 12:35 AM
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ckDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ckHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ck(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba cks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MapWaker
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/SPS/Path%20Creator%20v0.9.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Says this when I try to open. i need to learn this because the script I am working on requires walking and banking. Please help

Kyle Undefined
12-22-2011, 01:20 AM
You didn't get the new image did you?

kevin33
12-22-2011, 01:20 AM
You didn't get the new image did you?

What new image??

Kyle Undefined
12-22-2011, 01:33 AM
The one that's linked on the first page, also, make sure it's in the same location as your exe.

kevin33
12-22-2011, 01:35 AM
The one that's linked on the first page, also, make sure it's in the same location as your exe.

I know this is a dumb question and I should probably know the answer but what exe? Like what do I have to do to get it. I made a folder and copied path.exe and image into it and I have no idea where to find the exe unless your talking about the path which I already have in a folder called SPS along with the image.

Kyle Undefined
12-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Lol, yes, path.exe is the one i'm talking about. Did you change the name of the image at all? Also, when does it give that error? Your stack trace is telling me it couldn't find the image.

kevin33
12-22-2011, 03:43 AM
Lol, yes, path.exe is the one i'm talking about. Did you change the name of the image at all? Also, when does it give that error? Your stack trace is telling me it couldn't find the image.
No i saved the image right from the link. When I open the path it pops up with that. When I click new image to try to load it again, it says pretty much the same thing except it also says OUT OF MEMORY.

at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

IDK what is wrong. Did I not download something right or is there something more I need to do?? Picture wrong file type??

Gaston7eze
12-23-2011, 12:29 AM
It gives me an error showed on the attach file.
What should i do?

Kyle Undefined
12-23-2011, 12:31 AM
I'll get the source and get it working.

Shuttleu
12-23-2011, 12:33 AM
probably been asked before (i just dont want to go through 3 pages) why have you added reflection even though it is dead?

~shut

Kyle Undefined
12-23-2011, 12:35 AM
I don't think it has reflection, I don't see it when I load it up.

Shuttleu
12-23-2011, 12:36 AM
I don't think it has reflection, I don't see it when I load it up.

screenshot on first post has it

~shut

Kyle Undefined
12-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Hmm, I must have a different version xD

Also, holy crap your sig is big btw!

Gushers
12-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey I have this error:
[Error] (57:3): Unknown identifier 'SPS_Areas' at line 56
Compiling failed.
At this line:
procedure SetupSps;

begin
SPS_Areas := ['11_7']; //Right Here
SPS_Continue := true;
end;

Do you know any possible reasons why?

FIXED THE PROBLEM - I DIDN'T DEFINE THEM AT THE TOP. Thanks for this man!

Shuttleu
12-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Hey I have this error:
[Error] (57:3): Unknown identifier 'SPS_Areas' at line 56
Compiling failed.
At this line:
procedure SetupSps;

begin
SPS_Areas := ['11_7']; //Right Here
SPS_Continue := true;
end;

Do you know any possible reasons why?

add this line to the variables

var
SPS_Areas: TStringArray;
SPS_Continue: Boolean;

~shut

Gushers
12-23-2011, 10:18 AM
add this line to the variables

var
SPS_Areas: TStringArray;
SPS_Continue: Boolean;

~shut

Thanks man! Saved me a whole lot of time.

kaiman299
01-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Does this still work for walking, even though reflection is broken?

Shuttleu
01-01-2012, 09:44 AM
well i dont know if this is just me, but when picking the positions on here, they are usually quite far off as when i pick them from the client

~shut

Coh3n
01-01-2012, 09:06 PM
well i dont know if this is just me, but when picking the positions on here, they are usually quite far off as when i pick them from the client

~shut
Are you using the right map? Also, SPS_GetMyPos isn't 100% accurate so it won't be exact. It also doesn't work well in certain areas which causes it to return a position that's no where near where the player actually is.

i_liek2feesh
01-03-2012, 06:31 AM
I think I'm doing something wrong. When I click to generate SPS points all I get are some 3 digit numbers, instead of 4 digit numbers. Is there a formula to convert them or something?

Kyle Undefined
01-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Can you post what you're getting?

Coh3n
01-03-2012, 06:51 AM
I think I'm doing something wrong. When I click to generate SPS points all I get are some 3 digit numbers, instead of 4 digit numbers. Is there a formula to convert them or something?Depends where you're picking the points. It goes by pixels, so if you're less than 1000 pixels from the top left corner, they're going to be 3 digits.

i_liek2feesh
01-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Depends where you're picking the points. It goes by pixels, so if you're less than 1000 pixels from the top left corner, they're going to be 3 digits.

Okay, so I guess the pic in the first post would be using a full map of RS, not the smaller ones included in the utility. Thanks. And which would you suggest using, the smaller maps or the big map.

Coh3n
01-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Okay, so I guess the pic in the first post would be using a full map of RS, not the smaller ones included in the utility. Thanks. And which would you suggest using, the smaller maps or the big map.What smaller maps are you talking about? The chunks of the world map? Those won't work, you have to use runescape_surface.png that's included in SPS (SPS/img/runescape_surface/runescape_surface.png).

i_liek2feesh
01-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Okay, thank you.

cause
01-04-2012, 04:15 AM
No i saved the image right from the link. When I open the path it pops up with that. When I click new image to try to load it again, it says pretty much the same thing except it also says OUT OF MEMORY.

IDK what is wrong. Did I not download something right or is there something more I need to do?? Picture wrong file type??

Hey I got the same error with all the different images people have posted, how I got it working is: open up path.exe and click new image and go to \Simba\Includes\SPS\img\runescape_surface and click on runescape_surface.png

worked for me!
Thanks for the tool btw extremely helpful!

sibeliina
01-05-2012, 08:36 PM
does this still work? i tought reflection dont work anymore: o

Nexz
01-08-2012, 04:34 PM
does this still work? i tought reflection dont work anymore: o
Yes, in the program, you can choose 'Reflection' (broken) or 'SPS' (not broken) if I'm correct.

Caotom
01-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Either I'm doing something so wrong that it's not funny, or this no longer works (first option more likely).
When I create the path, the SPS_Areas usually returns something like 0_1 or 0_0 and the points are all in 3 digit co-ordinates, not four. The script to just stand there, unable to find the co-ords....

Thanks
~Caotom

laakerules
01-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Either I'm doing something so wrong that it's not funny, or this no longer works (first option more likely).
When I create the path, the SPS_Areas usually returns something like 0_1 or 0_0 and the points are all in 3 digit co-ordinates, not four. The script to just stand there, unable to find the co-ords....

Thanks
~Caotom

Reflection doesnt work anymore, this is a reflection utility!

NickMystre
01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Use this tool: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64891&highlight=pathmaker
Do you have the latest runescape_surface_map ?
(See: https://github.com/Coh3n/SPS/blob/9d0ce631104e5634e96539e8ba85688737cbe928/img/runescape_surface/runescape_surface_map.png
Are you properly targeting the RS client with the cross-hairs from Simba ?
Can your Simba 'see' the RS client entirely ?

Just a few throughts ?

laakerules
01-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Hey, how do i implement this into my script. that would be a great help to know!

Striken
01-27-2012, 01:21 AM
I get an error when I try to add the map image.

Yago
01-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Its working for me...

Caotom
01-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Use this tool: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64891&highlight=pathmaker
Do you have the latest runescape_surface_map ?
(See: https://github.com/Coh3n/SPS/blob/9d0ce631104e5634e96539e8ba85688737cbe928/img/runescape_surface/runescape_surface_map.png
Are you properly targeting the RS client with the cross-hairs from Simba ?
Can your Simba 'see' the RS client entirely ?

Just a few throughts ?

Thanks for this, it turned out to be the runescape surface was not updated. I had the updated map sitting on my HDD but for some odd reason I must've gotten distracted while installing it as I left it without properly putting it in ;o

thanks, got it working now :)
~Caotom

NickMystre
01-27-2012, 09:55 AM
thanks, got it working now :)~Caotom

Glad something I said actually made sense to you. :)

Good luck!

Invalid
01-29-2012, 12:22 AM
It gives me an error showed on the attach file.
What should i do?

same

RyGuy
01-29-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm having a bit of an issue with this. I downloaded v0.9, and the newest runescape surface map, which i saved in the same folder as the path creator. I make my path and in my script I add
SPS_Setup(RUNESCAPE_SURFACE, ['0_2']);
folled by
myPath := [(the points i got from the path creator)]
set myPath as a TPointArray variable

When I call SPS_WalkPath(myPath); , it almost runs the path, but every point is about 30-40 pixels to the left of the points i actually want it to click.

For now i'm just adding 35 to each x value and it is working fine, but I would like this to work correctly if possible. Any help is appreciated :)

NickMystre
01-29-2012, 03:50 AM
I had the same issue and asked the same question you did.

What was suggested to me to solve this until SPS2 comes along is to use Path Creator to tell you which areas you need, and then to use this code to find your points accurately ...

program GetMyPos;
{$loadlib sps}
{$i srl/srl.simba}
{$i sps/sps.simba}

begin
SetupSRL;
SPS_Setup(RUNESCAPE_SURFACE, ['5_10']);
Writeln(SPS_GetMyPos);

end.

You can also try this link: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68802

E: I'm way down on the knowledge stakes - but it's worked nicely for me. Good luck!

RyGuy
01-29-2012, 05:22 AM
Thank you very much Nick :)

ssshhhaaa
02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
i tried this for my wildy looter but for some reason it doesnt work with at all?, it doesnt even open smart..

heres my code

program new;
{$i srl/srl.simba}
{$i sps/sps.simba}
Var
myPath:TpointArray;
begin
sps_setup(RUNESCAPE_SURFACE,[]);
myPath := [Point(4197, 2644), Point(4179, 2615), Point(4160, 2577), Point(4139, 2558)];
SPS_WalkPath(myPath);
end.

Yago
02-07-2012, 01:25 AM
i tried this buy it doesnt work with at all?, it doesnt even open smart..

heres my code

program new;
{$i srl/srl.simba}
{$i sps/sps.simba}
Var
myPath:TpointArray;
begin
sps_setup(RUNESCAPE_SURFACE,[]);
myPath := [Point(4197, 2644), Point(4179, 2615), Point(4160, 2577), Point(4139, 2558)];
SPS_WalkPath(myPath);
end.

Its not supposed to open SMART...

ssshhhaaa
02-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Its not supposed to open SMART...

What is it supposed to do then lol?

it doesnt even make my chracter walk??

Shuttleu
02-07-2012, 12:24 PM
What is it supposed to do then lol?

it doesnt even make my chracter walk??

you need to run SetupSRL; to open smart, then you need to log in

read some tutorials and you will understand

~shut

z92
02-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Epic tool! Thank you so much for your work.

frijole
03-06-2012, 08:28 PM
When I call SPS_WalkPath(myPath); , it almost runs the path, but every point is about 30-40 pixels to the left of the points i actually want it to click.

If anybody else is having this issue, do not use the surface map from github.

You should use the map that is included with SPS.

C:\Simba\Includes\SPS\img\runescape_surface\runesc ape_surface.png

You can make a copy of that image and name it "runescape_surface_map.png" .
Then put it in the same folder as the Path Creator.

OR

You can click on the "New Image" button in the Path Creator and browse to the image.

Joe
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Dont mean to sound unintelligent, but when I open PathCreator v0.9 I get "Unhandled exception has occurred... if you click continue you, the application with ignore and and continue... etc
So when i press continue, it doesnt load the maps from the website..
Help?

Getdropped
03-09-2012, 01:23 PM
download or save the image as something anywhere on you comp(desktop) then open the path creator and at the top hit chose image, then find the image you downloaded. hope it works for you..... mine tends to be off by like 10-20 other than that this works fine.

Wolygon
04-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Hey guys,

Thank you everyone for the positive comments. 850+ views, not bad :)

From reading the thread it appears that this still works fine, it opens perfectly for me. Seems like the paths are a bit out in some places though. I'll update the main page to say to use the new SPS map.

I'm happy to update this if theres anything anyone wants.

Things to do:
"There are certain points that can appear on two or more SPS Areas due to the 100 pixel overlap. Do you think you could edit your algorithm to include all the areas in your generator?

Right now, VEB appears on 11_7 and 12_7 areas, but your generator only includes 12_7. Having both included makes SPS more accurate. Also, if you can get this done, I may as to use the algorithm in SPS so scripters don't have to set the SPS Areas at all. "

Remove reflection support (not really worried).

But first I have to install VS :p
Cheers

smurg
04-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Seems like the points are way off in gnome stronghold. Anyone else seeing this ?

Olly
04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey guys,

Thank you everyone for the positive comments. 850+ views, not bad :)

From reading the thread it appears that this still works fine, it opens perfectly for me. Seems like the paths are a bit out in some places though. I'll update the main page to say to use the new SPS map.

I'm happy to update this if theres anything anyone wants.

Things to do:
"There are certain points that can appear on two or more SPS Areas due to the 100 pixel overlap. Do you think you could edit your algorithm to include all the areas in your generator?

Right now, VEB appears on 11_7 and 12_7 areas, but your generator only includes 12_7. Having both included makes SPS more accurate. Also, if you can get this done, I may as to use the algorithm in SPS so scripters don't have to set the SPS Areas at all. "

Remove reflection support (not really worried).

But first I have to install VS :p
Cheers

Your alive :o But your path maker is extremely useful :)

m34tcode
04-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Upon opening i got an invalid argument error, but forgot to copy paste the stack trace for you =\

Also, when the view is being dragged, the path is not repainted somehow. Not sure if you have 2 paint funcs or something, or if you are using a class to view the dragged image? If that's the case you may need to extend the class, so that it paints the path properly. Completely guessing as to how that works as i have not seen the source. Yet.

Also, would you like to help with the java version? Simba is going cross platform so it will enable all users, not just the windows users, to use this, and if you don't know java its a great place to start ;]

Wolygon
04-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Upon opening i got an invalid argument error, but forgot to copy paste the stack trace for you =\

Also, when the view is being dragged, the path is not repainted somehow. Not sure if you have 2 paint funcs or something, or if you are using a class to view the dragged image? If that's the case you may need to extend the class, so that it paints the path properly. Completely guessing as to how that works as i have not seen the source. Yet.

Also, would you like to help with the java version? Simba is going cross platform so it will enable all users, not just the windows users, to use this, and if you don't know java its a great place to start ;]

Dunno what that could be from, it opens normally for me.

Yeah I know that the path doesn't get repainted while you drag, its because I draw it again everytime you move. Now I realise that I could probably draw it and then move the drawing around...

The source is terrible I wouldn't recommend it. :duh: I did it quickly and I never fixed it up.

I would help but you seem like you've got it more then under control, I don't see how I could be of any assistance.

m34tcode
04-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Everyone can be of assistance. Im workign more, and I wont be able to write as much as multiple people would.

In your free time you could just create a fork of the git repo, add something, and send a pull request. That is if you are interested. Many people will have the same constraints as me and will not be able to help

Wolygon
04-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Yeah I will hopefully be able to help but I'm busy at the moment so I'll see in a week or two.

Should be interesting :)

m34tcode
04-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Projetczs going well. I modified the name to be a bit more general and have some ideas. Will be able to create multiple paths, and generate code, not just the string to declare it.

It is now SPS Code Generator.

I have only the sps tile and path classes built so far. None of the painting added yet. finding myself short on time =[. Jakkle has offered help, along with possibly yourself also =]

Moron
05-13-2012, 09:12 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2vmvyut.jpg

Moron
05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
please please please please please please help. please

m34tcode
05-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Moron, no pun intended ;),you need to install the .net framework torun applications developed in the last few years.

l3g3nds
05-28-2012, 02:02 AM
not 100% sure if I am using this right but it seem very helpful.

m34tcode
06-01-2012, 03:40 AM
Its for writing scripts

Syntax
06-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Seems like a nice app for path finding. Will test for viruses tonight.

RuneDragon
06-02-2012, 10:32 PM
This the the app everyone using for sps path generation ? I want to try sps, but not very comfortable running exe file.

m34tcode
06-03-2012, 09:55 PM
youll have to, as it is not a script. it is verified safe, and if you want to be one hundred percent safe, just compile and run the source, after looking at it.

I have a version, in sig, that is a jar, also with source

speedster
10-17-2012, 02:07 AM
The file is safe, don't worry about that. But for me, this has proven highly inaccurate .
I recommend using : SPS_GetMyPos to create paths and such.

StickToTheScript
03-25-2013, 03:36 AM
This tool has been making my life so much easier! Lol. Thanks so much!

para0714
07-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Where's the download link?

Ian
07-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Where's the download link?
Use this https://github.com/TheTS/SPSToolbox/releases/tag/2 or this https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80134&page=4&p=1377141#post1377141

para0714
07-16-2016, 05:01 AM
Use this https://github.com/TheTS/SPSToolbox/releases/tag/2 or this https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80134&page=4&p=1377141#post1377141

Thanks a lot :)

m34tcode
09-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Is the SPS Toolbox based off my original project? Glad someone updated it!

Also, sticking it in the main post so it's easier to find